Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Which LC treat would you buy at the movies? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184043)

ledjinn Wed, May-12-04 08:36

Which LC treat would you buy at the movies?

My husband works at a theater (art house and live events, not part of a chain) and he is thinking of incorporating LC snacks. Please vote for your favorite and I will let him know what you think. Also please speak up about a favorite brand or to mention things not mentioned here.

Thanks!

KathyD Wed, May-12-04 08:41

I picked Nuts....but

I would have picked the beef sticks, But I can not find any brand that does not have corn syrup added. I rather starve than add corn syrup back into my diet.

katmutti Wed, May-12-04 08:49

I picked the pork rinds. I would have chosen nuts, but knowing that they are a limited snack and going to the movies reminds me of popcorn and the mindless noshing. I figured that if I did overindulge, pork rinds would be the safer choice.

Ohio Kim Wed, May-12-04 09:09

I vote for cheese. However, I don't go to the movies all that often and when I do, I usually go ahead and treat myself with some popcorn. I just can't imagine a movie without the stuff.

scorpio381 Wed, May-12-04 09:17

I voted for nuts, however, I think it would be great if movie theaters put in low carb kiosks. It could contain a selection of the above (probably not pickles) and we could actually have a choice!

Elsah Wed, May-12-04 09:21

Mmmmmm smoked almonds!! :)

AFwife Wed, May-12-04 09:22

Aktins Advantage bars for sure. :)

nka Wed, May-12-04 09:27

I eat a hot dog without the bun when I go to the movies.

Kris2 Wed, May-12-04 09:42

I always get a big 'ol pickle and a water.

Zora Wed, May-12-04 09:59

The theatre food and drinks are too dang expensive. I wouldnt buy the low carb snacks there even if they had them! I usually hide a bottle of water in my purse when I go.

bcbeauty Wed, May-12-04 10:03

I see that nuts were the largest choice by the voters.... however... I love snacking through a good movie....and I don't get all to excited about a small handful of nuts. (thats 1 small handful) big whoop! So i chose the crunchy yummy salty pork rinds with about 3 gallons of water. :lol:

TarHeel Wed, May-12-04 10:12

I chose nuts over pork rinds because I thought the pork rinds would be too noisy and annoy other people.

Smoked almonds would be my choice of nuts. Though I would probably bring my own in a baggie.....

CarbSlim chocolate peanut butter bites would be my choice of something sweet.

Kay

lynneuk Wed, May-12-04 10:25

A bag of nuts, preferably macadamias would be my choice.Next would be some of those colby jack individual cheese portions.

ndhulst Wed, May-12-04 10:44

I love chocolate when I go see movies!! thats one things I really miss!!

my favorite are the russel stovers low carb toffee bars....they are so yummy!! but I picked hershey's from you list they are also very good!!

but if you add anything I would say russel stovers brand they make such good chocolate!!

javamel Wed, May-12-04 11:11

I always get a pickle! They keep me crunching through the whole movie. I live in Texas, but am originally from California, and we never had pickles at the movies there. Yet another reason that Tx was a good move for me!!

Paris Wed, May-12-04 11:18

Zcarb bars!

Tracey71 Wed, May-12-04 11:23

I pick nuts.

erinleigh Wed, May-12-04 11:28

I would probably go with cheese and water.. I can't get enough cheese!

Birddog Wed, May-12-04 11:39

My pick is nuts. :D

Itty Wed, May-12-04 11:42

Hi

Nuts are snaky, like popcorn, so I think I would enjoy them best. I like smoked almonds, too!!!

M

shoer Wed, May-12-04 12:39

I'm already bringing in the Atkins Endulge bars in my purse. And--I have to admit that since the theater would probably charge me $3 per bar, I'd keep sneaking them in from WalMart.

sqkitty Wed, May-12-04 12:58

Maybe some nuts covered in carb friendly chocolate. Then It would be crunchy and chocolately. Perfect movie treat..

Delta Fox Wed, May-12-04 13:15

I stop by my favorite pub and get an order of the best salt & pepper ribs to go (no drinking while I wait! ;) ) and put them in my bag with a large bottle of water, a wet wipe (clean those fingers!!) and a diet pop. When I'm all done I pop some sugar free cinnamon gum and chew with a smile on my face!! :D

OHpink Wed, May-12-04 13:19

love THE Endulge chocolate bars. I just got the Klondike ice cream bars with 5 grams of carbs. mmmmmmm!

cmcole Wed, May-12-04 14:04

Can't think of anything particular I'd waste my money on, really.
Although I like nuts, cheese, pickles, etc., I find movie theatres soak you severely when it comes to price.

Pork Rinds are probably no more noisy than popcorn, but I would only eat a few of those, anyway.

Last move I saw - I ate my meal first, and had water (just a small glass of it, because they were charging over $3 for the bottle, and the same for a larger glass)

As frowned on it as it might be, I think, if I needed a snack, I'd bring something of my own - radishes, snowpeas, things like that that are portable.

MsTwacky Wed, May-12-04 14:16

I love the Gram's Gourmet pork rinds. They come in cheese flavor as well as cinnamon and splenda. Yummmmmmmy. They are great for a snack at the movies.:)

Delta Fox Wed, May-12-04 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTwacky
I love the Gram's Gourmet pork rinds. They come in cheese flavor as well as cinnamon and splenda. Yummmmmmmy. They are great for a snack at the movies.:)

I was just thinking that it would be great to have the "Cheetos" flavour on a pork rind!! I wonder if we can get those up here in Canada yet... :(

GrlyGrl Wed, May-12-04 15:58

I checked off pork rinds...before reconsidering the noise and smell factors. Some people are really repulsed by the smell of pork rinds. And while popcorn is crunchy, pork rinds can be even louder. So I voted for beef jerky.

Marieshops Wed, May-12-04 16:19

It wasn't a choice, but I would go for ice cream. The lc skinny cow bars by silhouette would be my favorite. It is something you can't bring with you, doesn't make noise, and takes a while to eat.

Marie

addictmeHM Wed, May-12-04 16:23

I love cheese, and it satisfies me quickly as a snack. So I picked that. :)