Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Any Maryland Low Carbers? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=3446)

quailridge Wed, Apr-04-01 12:39

I'm a new Low Carber forum member and was wondering if there are any other members from the state of Maryland? Would love to "chat" with a neighbor!

tonic75 Fri, Apr-13-01 19:15

Re: Any Maryland Low Carbers

Way to go and congratulations on your 12lbs!!! Keep up the good work! :D

I am a fellow Marylander, whose "one-year low-carb" anniversary is just around the corner. I've lost 110lbs, and would love to share any stories or offer support with another Marylander!

Thanks!
Taryn

driley Fri, May-18-01 13:11

I'm in Delaware, close to part of MD. Congrats on your great success!

SBlack Fri, Jul-27-01 10:54

Near MD

Hey, I'm on the other side of MD. I'm in Northern Virginia very closed to MD.

Whereabouts in MD is everyone?

andreaplan Wed, Oct-24-01 18:35

Hi! I am in Maryland. A buddy would be great (online)!

andreaplan Wed, Oct-24-01 18:41

Hi! I am in Maryland. A buddy would be great (online)!

need2lose Fri, Nov-23-01 22:16

Maryland

Hello I am in Maryland too and an oline Buddy would be WONDERFUL! :daze:

Spencer Sat, Dec-01-01 13:56

Just joined

I live in N. Va. I have just joined and hope I will find success in the low carb lifestyle! It always helps to have a support group and a local one would be even better!

alto Sat, Dec-01-01 14:51

I'm originally from Baltimore, and now live in D.C. Does that count? :)

Ororo Wed, Dec-05-01 17:24

Maryland Low Carber

:eek: I'm in DC. Does that count? This is my second day of low carbing. Unfortunately, I decided to low carb after registering for a wine-tasting event at the Spanish embassy. I'll try to limit myself to one glass of wine and protein hors d'oeuvres. Wish me luck.

c_aveni Wed, Dec-05-01 19:38

Maryland LCer

HI all! I live in Maryland (Montgomery County) and am interested in a buddy to chat with .

Be in touch!

Chris

readalie Sun, Jan-06-02 11:41

I'm From Baltimore

I just started on Wednesday and I definitely need some encouragement. Where is everyone else from?

Tina :wave:

StarOrchid Wed, Feb-20-02 15:54

I'm in York, pa.. Not too far from good ole MD.

TerrieP Wed, Feb-20-02 16:50

Wow

Who knew there were all these Marylander's on board!
(And our close proximity friends!)

:wave:

Ororo Wed, Feb-20-02 17:14

Hey!!!

Maybe this thread has life after all?!! As you can see, I wrote once, but there wasn't much happening here. I didn't do too well at the wine-tasting. As a matter of fact, I hadn't eaten much that day and got pretty lit. At least it was fun, and I have managed to continue losing weight since then.

Sabu138 Thu, Feb-21-02 08:01

Goodness, Maryland/DC/VA area is brimming with the non-bread crowd. Goodie!

I'm in College Park and def need regular tips, tricks and traps advice. [Yes, I need to make more time to read the info already posted]

I'm part of a WtWtch group at work just for the weigh-in (otherwise I don't do it at all) but am having difficulty giving up caffeine and alcohol. Seems even the thought of either one is enough to make me "pay" for high protein meals in calories and kick me "out of purple" for several days. Not fair, I tell you. :wave:

taisha Thu, Feb-21-02 12:32

Hey what part of MD? I am looking for a MD buddy, possibly to workout with too. I am in Forestville, not toooo far from DC

kengib Tue, Feb-26-02 08:35

Hi All,

I'm also from Montgomery Co.... Started Atkins last June at 244 and today am at 213.... It is the easiest diet to follow.... Just learn the rules and you can play the game..... [My first girl friend taught me that].....

I read the first Atkins when it came out but didn't think I needed to change myway of living.... Over these years I've taken notice of all that has been written about the program and have had many many overweight friends who have tried all sorts of diets and programs..... After I learned that the fat we eat is not hte fat we wear the Atkins diet became the most sensible.... Then this past June I wound up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers and they weighed me at 244 pounds..... That was the highest ever for me.... I've been on Atkins since....

Once I had been off of sugar for a week---- and I mean totally off sugar---- my appetite had dropped considerably so I'm not eating nearly the quantity of food as previously..... I'm a technical person... so sugar can be simply defined and I can find it where ever it exists.... in Cokes, in catsup, in breads, in prepared foods, etc. etc. My success I'm believing is being able to avoid sugars and enjoying salads, vegetables, cheese and eggs.

ken

joanie Fri, Mar-08-02 13:07

Hi...I'm in Maryland as well...Columbia is about halfway between Baltimore and DC (but if you're in MD, you already know that!)

I lost about 60 pounds on WW and now am enjoying LC WOE, but weight is not pouring off, so we'll see what happens.

Nice to know there are other MD people surfing the site!

DietDancer Sun, Mar-10-02 08:52

Hi

I am from Maryland also and I am new to this Atkins diet...I am on day 3 and so far so good! If you want a friend I am here :) Quit smoking 8 months ago and gained 20 lbs so now I am on the diet train :) Chrissy

joanie Sun, Mar-10-02 10:43

Congrats on quitting smoking. In my opinion, it's by far the most important thing a person can do. Gaining weight isn't fun, but breaking nicotine's tremendous hold is something to be proud of. Good luck doing Atkins.

imready Thu, Mar-21-02 17:41

Still out there?

Hi, I started Atkins yesterday and found this forum today! Are you Marylanders (and those from surrounding areas) still out there? I could use some buddies nearby for support! This day two has been rough! My body is not very happy right now and so I don't feel so good. At least I don't crave any carbs at this time.

DietDancer Thu, Mar-21-02 18:37

I am here :)

I am on day 13 of Atkins and yesterday when weighed myself i lost 6 pounds :) The first few days I felt bad but day 3 or 4 I got this great splurge of energy and been feeling great ever since! I have trouble navigating here and finding people so if you want you can email meat-
Dancer_ov_Fate~hotmail.com
I would love some Maryland buddies to support back and forth with this! Chrissy :wave:

imready Sat, Mar-23-02 09:36

Chrissy...

Hi, I tried to e-mail you, but it came back. :( Could you post the address again? Thanks, and I look forward to talking to you!

Sabu138 Sun, Mar-24-02 17:15

Have any of the Maryland/DC/VA lo-carbers checked out any local groups for support other than WW?

I really don't have the time to organize anything, but with my WW~W coming to an end soon, I'd sure like to find another weekly, or every other week place to meet for continued, (well, what can I call it?) Rah Rah sessions.

Maybe the TOPS groups? I haven't gone to one of those in, hmmmmm 20 years? <--- I was a fat infant, you understand.

Anyone else have an idea? I would also love NOT to pay the price of a continued WW session. I'd rather spend the bucks on steak.

I just fear I'll stall out again unless I keep myself on the scale and listening to the advantages of succeeding on the LC WOE. Like fitting into the doggone airplane seats, zipping into my sleeping bag all the way, lower BP, avoiding the look of TERROR on the face of the folks on the Metro next to whom I might have to sit if I can't have an empty seat to myself, etc.

Sabu :rolleyes:

lcon109 Sun, Mar-24-02 17:56

Delaware here

I'm in Delaware.. close to Maryland by about 2 miles!

Driley - Where in Delaware are you? I'm in Newark.

Lisa

DietDancer Mon, Mar-25-02 08:58

Theresa

Hi ....my email is
Dancer_ov_Fate~hotmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you :) Chrissy

DietDancer Mon, Mar-25-02 09:00

Theresa

The site puts a line like this~ where a ~ sign should be so when you copy my email change the squiggley ~ to a at sign- like this ~
Chrissy

DietDancer Mon, Mar-25-02 09:01

Theresa

It changed it again....click on my name and go into my profile and get my addy from there! Chrissy :)

Just Lisa Wed, Apr-24-02 15:01

Another Marylander

:wave: Hi everyone. I live in Laurel (though don't generally admit it, was told to make sure I said "Anne Arundel County" and work in Baltimore. I'd love to find a group that met and weighed on a regular basis, that'd be great. I'm an ex-WW, too.

We should get together and eat some steak at an Outback!