Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   The Spring Break Countdown, (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=32273)

Erin4980 Wed, Jan-30-02 12:01

The Spring Break Countdown,

So here it is...the Spring Break Countdown.

I'll let be up to everyone to choose what their goals are but here's what I've worked out:

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st:
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 8th;
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 15 (just in time for Vday);
Week 3 Ends the morning of Feb 22;
Week 4 Ends the morning of March 1;
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 8...
If you want to make it longer, go for it.

I haven't decided what my goal will be yet but I was thinking either 10lb (2/week), 12.5 (2.5/week), or maybe 15 (3/week)...ahhh..lol. I think I'll just try to make all of them and be happy with what I hit...lol.

See everyone on Friday,
Erin

Aine Wed, Jan-30-02 13:23

I'm in on this!

Hi,

This is a great idea. I think it will help me stay on track. I'll check back on Friday.

Aine

CrazyCurly Wed, Jan-30-02 13:32

Count me in! Great idea Erin. I'll be here friday!

Jess

Ryan44221 Wed, Jan-30-02 15:54

Im in....Id like to lose 15 by then, would love to be on the beach without that 15lbs!

Rachel160 Wed, Jan-30-02 15:59

Yeah baby!!!!!

:wave: Hi Everyone.....

Jump'in in with all of you :hyper: :clap: ...So the challenge will be fun. Certainly allows for that extra effort to take place.

I've decided to go the 2.5 per week slot and plan on reaching 142.5 by the time the challenge ends :rose: That would be a 12.5 loss *crossing fingers*.

So let's all loose some extra booty folks....

Rachel's...leaving to drink her water!

EllieEats Wed, Jan-30-02 17:34

Hi Everyone!!

I'll jump in on this one too!!!

I might be popping in to support others more than anything else though..... I've been dropping just one pound at a time ...about every 10 - 14 days. But I'm losing inches (building muscle)

Anyway.... I'll shoot for the 2 lbs week-- total 10 lbs and be happy with what I get!!! :D

I think this will be great for motivation and support!!!

Ellie :wave:

Erin4980 Wed, Jan-30-02 18:07

Ellie Eats,

Your thread made me think of something. Maybe we should list our measurements (either instead of, or with weighin, or not at all;) ) b/c like you said the scale may not be dropping, but the bod can be chaning. What I think I'll do is take my measurements on Friday and then at the End just to see how much I've changed (I never feel like I'm taking the measurements in the right spots...I think I'll do a search on that to see if someone knows the correct spots of the bod).

See everyone on Friday,
Erin

gracie-poo Wed, Jan-30-02 18:42

Great idea! I'm in.

I'll see you guys on friday.......The measurement idea is a good one. I think I'm going to go for 12.5 pounds, or two inches off my waist.....or hips hopefully!

Grace :roll:

aim1616 Wed, Jan-30-02 19:05

Great Idea

I'd like to be counted or rather weighed in. I'll try for 16 lbs. on 3/4. Great idea- my spring vacation is 5/12.

summer609 Wed, Jan-30-02 20:56

Count me in....My goal will be 13 lbs. by March 8. Hopefully this will help me stay on track. The measurment idea was good also!
:wave: summer609

Dinky Wed, Jan-30-02 21:05

Me too!!

Great idea. I'm in.

My goal will be 8 lbs. Gets really hard for me to get below 120 and that's my goal. March 8 - 119 lbs.

Woo Hoo! :D

hooligan Thu, Jan-31-02 12:18

I'm in too! Found the countdown area and have already changed my mind. Im going to up my goal from 2 to 2.5 per week so that by March 8 Im at 139... exciting!

Gilta Thu, Jan-31-02 14:23

Count me in. I like the 2/wk or 12 lbs. I have been losing 1 lb/week, so this will be a challange. It will be the lowest I have been in 5 years! I also like the idea of tracking inches lost. I have lost about 3 inches this month so I am hoping that much again.

Gilta

Ryan44221 Fri, Feb-01-02 11:15

Am I the first to post weight?

Took the offical friday weight....let the games begin!

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 192
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 8th;
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 15;
Week 3 Ends the morning of Feb 22;
Week 4 Ends the morning of March 1;
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 8...

Erin4980 Fri, Feb-01-02 11:32

Yes, your the first and I'm jealous, I wanted to be...lol

So I don't know what my weighin should be...I was out drinking last night so I weighed 138.5 this morning... which is definitely dehydration. I'll way that I weigh 138.5, but I may change it tomorrow...lol

I want to hit my goal (the final and real one on OWL) so that means I'm shooting for 13 lbs. and that's 2.6 a week.

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 140
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 8th - goal 137.4
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 15 - goal 134.8
Week 3 Ends the morning of Feb 22 - goal 132.2
Week 4 Ends the morning of March 1 - goal 129.6
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 8 - goal 127

Good Luck Everyone,
Erin

CrazyCurly Fri, Feb-01-02 11:55

I'm going for 10.

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 191
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 8th -
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 15 -
Week 3 Ends the morning of Feb 22 -
Week 4 Ends the morning of March 1 -
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 8 -

Jess

hooligan Fri, Feb-01-02 12:06

Im going for... 12

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 151

Just curious, how did the rest of you go about deciding on your target weight? Is there some sort of official height/health equation or is it just best guess (which is what I went with)?

Gilta Fri, Feb-01-02 12:19

Im going for 12 lbs

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 188.5

Im going for 3 inches

Inches on Friday Feb. 1st: 42,36.5,45

I just remembered I felt good when I was 135. I know based on my height I should be less, but I never felt good lower than that.

Gilta

Erin4980 Fri, Feb-01-02 14:14

hooligan,

In Atkins one page 217-8 (of the New Rev'n) he lists the Desireable Weights for women over 25. Since your 5'8" - small frame: 122-131, medium frame: 128-143, and 137-154. The way I figured my goal weight is by percent body fat. Here's a thread that gives a link to figure it out and also suggestions on what percent body fat is ideal (look for Nat's posts on the first page) - % Body Fat . Hope that helps.

Erin

tlcdoula Fri, Feb-01-02 14:18

Hope I am not to late...

I am new to these sorts of challenges, do we post our weights weekly in a new post? etc...

I would like to loose 2.5 lbs a week. If I could get to 168 by then I would be VERY VERY happy...... This is my lowest after preg weight that I have made it too....

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 181

Aine Fri, Feb-01-02 14:24

Hi,

My goal is to lose 12 pounds. As of today I am 198. SO I want to break into the 180s.

What do we do next? COntinue psting in our journals, here or both?

Cheers,
Aine :wave:

Erin4980 Fri, Feb-01-02 15:43

Your not too late...we started today:)

tlcdoula - each friday we post our weights and/or measurements...and chat about the weeks, etc.

Aine - your can continue posting in your journal and then every friday pop on this thread to let us know how you're doing. We do not post on the other thread that I started (I think it's in the Atkins or General Forum.

See you guys soon,
Erin

gracie-poo Fri, Feb-01-02 20:55

Feb 1st

Hi folks,

I want to lose 12 pounds.....or two inches off my waist! Since I weight train, I figured that might be better......

I lose weight pretty slowly--but I gain it very slowly too. That's why I have high hopes of keeping this weight off. The 9 pounds I've already lost this past month have been INSANE for me :)

Feb 1st: weight 171 (may be lower though, scale at gym has always seemed a few pounds off)

measurements:
WAIST- 32.7 INCHES
HIGH HIP - 37.5 (this is wear I wear my pants)
LOW HIP - 39
TORSO - 33.5
BUST - 39
THIGH - 22.7
UPPER ARM - 12.9

tlcdoula Fri, Feb-01-02 21:13

Where to measure?

I measure myself and am wondering where eveyone else measures, or where your supose to measure? I measure everything from my neck to my ankle and everything in between LOL...

Also where is your waist supose to be ? I don't really have a waist. My pants go over top of my belly, and are not near my belly button. (this could be because my belly button is alot lower than it should be.)

Has anyone been watching the new program on TLC *the learning channel* called "The Personal Story" ? Every morning they do two shows based on plastic surgery. I have seen a few tummy tuck procedures and have seen some amazing results... Just curious if any one plans on having the excess skin removed once they loose all their weight? I don't think I could ever afford it.. and am a big wimp LOL..

Off to get the kids to bed...

gracie-poo Fri, Feb-01-02 22:30

A NEW WAIST

Tawnya,

I think your waist is wherever the smallest part of your middle is....

I know what you mean about "no waist", Mine is generally nonexistant. Well, WAS. On this LC WOE it seems like all of the weight I've lost has been on my waist, right below my rib cage! It's really exciting....I'm starting to get a FIGURE! :yay: :yay:

love,
Grace

Erin4980 Sat, Feb-02-02 00:12

tlcdoula

I started a thread about measurements - here's the link : Measurements . Also, I am addicted to TLC. First it was trading spaces, then the dating story (b/c most are in Phila - where I'm from), then it was the wedding story, and now a Personal Story...I watch all day. I used to watch a personal story at my gym while I was on the tread mill - it's in my complex so not a lot of people go there...except this one time when this guy and came and started watching. It was the episode where the Chic gets new teeth, anyway, he thought it was the grossest thing and couldn't believe I could watch it...lol. I'm totally addicted. About the tummy tuck, I heard a couple people talking about it, you should do a search.

Erin

u28rt59 Sat, Feb-02-02 12:48

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 315

judyuk Sat, Feb-02-02 13:57

Count me in too. I think I am closer to Rachel's weight and goal:
157 now and aiming for 130.

So February 1st: 157.0
and going for 2 lbs per week.

Dinky Sat, Feb-02-02 20:33

Sorry I'm late

I weighed in Friday morning, then had an family emergency trip out of town. But I'm back now so I'm ready to start..

Goal get below 120!!
weight in Friday, Feb 1, 128
Good luck to us all ;)

ruby Sat, Feb-02-02 23:11

I'd like to lose 10

Hi everyone!
This is a great idea. I haven't done this before but here goes.

Friday February 1, 152

Will post next week. Good luck to all of you!