Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Then and Now (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27789)

agonycat Mon, Dec-17-01 08:16

Then and Now

1 Attachment(s)
I found a before picture that my hubby had taken of me that I thought I had deleted. The first one is what prompted me to go on Atkin's back in April of this year. The second picture was taken just yesterday for a comparison and 35 pounds lighter.

I was feeling fat yesterday :rolleyes: so my adorable hubby took a picture so I could see the difference.

Crowndn Mon, Dec-17-01 08:44

Congradulations, your pictures prove that this WOE works if you stick with it. You must be very proud with what you have accomplished so far.

Calixtra Mon, Dec-17-01 09:02

You are looking great! Definitely an incentive for the rest of us to stick with it! :thup:

nancyb Mon, Dec-17-01 09:33

You look sensational! Congratulations.
Nancy

alto Mon, Dec-17-01 09:36

You look terrific!!!! It's great to know what Minus 35 pounds looks like. Thanks to hubby :)

gecolon Mon, Dec-17-01 09:43

Wow! You look good! I wonder what it is about this diet that it seems to put everything back in the right place.

Tikerberi Mon, Dec-17-01 09:59

Wow!

I'm impressed! Congratulations!

I'm hoping one day I can even reach half that point (I actually look pretty much like you in your "before" pic)...you look great!!

gwilson38 Mon, Dec-17-01 10:10

wow CAT

what differnce in the pics. U look awesome now!!! Im hoping I will get some pics taken over xmas and post them. Thanks for sharing.

agonycat Mon, Dec-17-01 16:15

Thanks everyone ;)

Yesterday I was down in the dumps, and feeling like I wasn't going to lose anymore weight and feeling a bit fat. My husband in an attempt to cheer me up took the picture to "prove" that I was losing and looking a lot better.

I don't know what I would do without him ;)

LC Sponge Mon, Dec-17-01 19:07

Wow - you look maaahhhhvelous!! Fat fotos are good for something!!! What a great waistline!

Lessara Tue, Dec-18-01 07:01

Great!

I love pictures and you are beautiful! Wonderful job!

Sharon Tue, Dec-18-01 12:26

pictures

Ditto, Ditto...you look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing with us.

jenniferle Tue, Dec-18-01 12:49

Wow

Wow
You have a great shape.
And your t-shirt looks quite jazzy!!
Enjoy the
holidays. You deserve it after such dedication.
Jen

:Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party:

zellie Wed, Dec-19-01 06:48

Wow! Congrats! You look great! Keep it up!

zellie

EllieEats Wed, Dec-19-01 09:00

Congrats!!!
And isn't it just great to tuck those shirts again!!!
When you feel like you're getting no where--- just look at those pictures--- you look fantastic!!

Keep up the good work!!
Ellie :wave:

tamarian Sat, Dec-22-01 20:40

Cat,

As the only man so far participating in this thread, I'll try to be a bit restrained in my comments :) YOU DA BOMB :p

You are a gorgeous diva! I'll take the liberty of moving this thread to our success stories! :thup:

Wa'il

Muse Sat, Dec-22-01 20:52

Wow Agony you look phenomenal! I get that way too some days, it's nice to have a picture to remember how it really was...I seem to have taken few fat pictures...hmmm wonder why that was.
I wanna be you, Agony! Thanks for the incentive, you've definitely given it to me!

agonycat Sun, Dec-23-01 05:47

*blushes*

Wow. Thanks everyone! Wa'il, I never thought I would see the day someone called me a gorgeous diva. *giggles* Thanks for the compliments.

All of you just gave me the courage to continue moving those last 20 pounds off.

sunshine2 Thu, Dec-27-01 12:09

Thanks for sharing your success (and showing those wonderful pics) Its and inspiration to all of us!

Marlaine Fri, Dec-28-01 12:35

WOW!!

You look GREAT!! You are already such a success and getting so close to your goal too! Congratulations on having what it takes to do this for yourself! I know from past experience (I maintained at 143 for five years in the past) that it takes a bit of time for our heads to catch up to our bodies. Photos of ourselves surely help!

I look forward to following your future success!

Marlaine

kezza Sat, Dec-29-01 08:18

What a difference 35 pounds can make!!
What a great hubby you have Agonycat. He knew you needed to see the proof. :idea: :D
It is easy to forget how far we have come.
Put those photos somewhere prominent to remind yourself how well you have done when you are discouraged and inspire you to more weightloss when you are feeling strong!
thanks,
kezza :wave:

justme Thu, Jan-03-02 19:32

wow what an inspiration..... Great photo

God this is just great.here

PJ in Miam Thu, Jan-03-02 23:26

You look terrific! And good lookin' too! Congratulations on sticking it out and being so successful!

PJ

tonmur Fri, Jan-04-02 08:48

Wow - look at you!

You look awesome!!!! Keep up the good work. Each and every one of you are my inspiration!!!!

Herald Thu, Jan-10-02 04:50

I shall keep a bookmark to those photos :daze:

I shall use them as inspiration, as your before photo is pretty much the build I am at the moment, and the after is where I want to be :)

Well done!

<hugs>

Herald

agonycat Thu, Jan-10-02 09:13

Aww thanks!

It has been a long road, but the journey so far has been worth it. I am feeling better about myself, I am now on an exercise routine where as before I didn't have the energy to walk to the mailbox most days.

I still have a ways to go and will post a new set of photos when I reach goal.

It does take time for the weight to come off. Don't be impatient for it to do so. After all, it was my fault in the first place for being complacent about gaining a pound here or there and not taking it back off pronto.

mskandi Thu, Jan-10-02 12:26

Congratulations

You look great!!! Keep up the good work. :wave:

Cher Fri, Jan-11-02 23:36

Way To Go!

It's awesome to see your success. I can't wait for that day (oh to be anywhere from 145 - 165 would be incredible. Congratulations

Tama Tue, Jan-15-02 05:52

That is so awesome, agonycat! what a motivator! You must be so proud of yourself. Way to go, you are lookin' great!
Tama

neener_15 Tue, Jan-15-02 12:32

Great picture!!! You really looked good!