Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   BREAK THE 220lbs (100 kgs) BARRIER!!! JOIN US (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136335)

becky160 Wed, Sep-10-03 14:35

BREAK THE 220lbs (100 kgs) BARRIER!!! JOIN US

Charlif761 ok! Great Start.
So today your weight is 104,2 kilos, mine is 103,4 kilos

Welcome everyone!

Charlif761 Thu, Sep-11-03 08:46

Hi Becky!!!!

OK..Let's go. Bad day to find it, but I found Sugar Free Ice cream in my grocery today....and it is good. I have been sick all week and have had ZERO appetite. I really needed a stimulus. Seems it did the truck. Now to go make a healthy mel. Thank God my hubby is watching over me. He is restricting my 5 carb a serving ice cream (which is packaged for me in single servings..no fudges for me!) to one a day! lol I don;t thik I even want it that much. But, when you are sick, you DO want something comforting, you know....?

OK...10 pounds or BUST!

Char

becky160 Thu, Sep-11-03 17:20

Hi Char!

Do you have the flue, a cold? :bhug: Hope you feel better with this big hugh I send you. don't forget to drink lot and lots of water. You will feel much better.
One more thing: Remember that to be in ketosis you have to keep eating fats and proteins ok? and dont starve yourself, try to eat even if you have no appetite.

The 11th was my husband's birthday and we went to a friends house. I indulged a little bit, and felt really bad. In about 1/2 an hour, I began to feel dizzy, like if I was drunk! Is it normal? I had some carbohidrates from peanuts one thin slice of bread, and two tablespoons of pasta. I really hope that this symptom won`t get my out of Ketosis!

If you want to see my menu for the day, go to
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=becky160

Charlif761 Fri, Sep-12-03 09:55

Hi there Becky!

I have a cold...a very bad one that has moved into my chest. I am hacking and hackign and hacking. I sound like a 2 pack a day smoker that has been at it for 40 years! It's just terrible. And, worst of all, I cannot sleep at night because I cough ALL night. I almost never get sick, but when I do, I REALLY do.

Yes, I know I need to eat. I just really feel my energy is so drained, it's too much effort to pick up a fork. And, I cannot smell a thing, and that is about 90% of your perception of taste!

On the plus side, my friewnd who I haven't seen in four days, said today that she could tell I had lost weight. She says she can see it in my face. WOO HOO! Well, that sure gave me a boost.Now I want everyone to see it in my boobs, waist, hips, arms, legs.....shall I keep going? lol

I am trying to drink my water. My husband is such a doll...he keeps checking my water bottle to see how full it is. If he thinks I haven't had enough, he quietly hands it to me. And, if it's anywhere near empty, he goes and fills it and THEN hands it to me. The beautiful thing is that he is ALSO walking around with a water bottle! How can you not love a man who is this supportive and encouraging????

OK....one thing that made me feel like calling him a rat bastard... lol He has lost 2 kilos just not eating POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I won;t let him bring them home tillI am skinny again. I don;t knopw why...I dont even LIKE them! lol So, he has lost half as much as me, DOING NOTHING! Skinny Dutch boys! lol

As for the carb thing, I suppose carbs can make you feel lots of ways. I ate corn the other night. I have been DYING for it for months...but it hasn't been avbailable till now (OF COURSE!!!). I decided one ear of corn was worth it. It's not a candy bar, it's a veggie. So, I did the deed....an hour later I felt so bloated and my stomach was so upset. I won;t do that again fora LONG time..no matter how sweet and delicious it is! :)

What else is new with you??? Do you have your ketosticks? I highly recommend them. It really helps give you perspective on how you are doing. And, you only need to use them every few days......

Hugs,
Char

wabi_sabi Fri, Sep-12-03 15:20

Hi Ladies,

I'm pretty close to 100 as well! Started at about 111kg. 101.4 this morning. That's the lowest I've been in a while. I find my weight tends to "hang out" around a particular level for a while before moving. So, I am really trying to push it below 100kg. I've made it my goal to be there by the end of the month. I am not sure if that is realistic, but I'll try.

One of my biggest problems was not drinking enough water. Thank God summer is coming - because it makes me feel like it a lot more!

I was busy at work last week and didn't exercise at all. So, that's my plan of attack for this week.

Good luck with your challenge!

Cheers,
Wabi

becky160 Fri, Sep-12-03 16:13

Hi Wabi_sabi,

You are welcome to joins us. Lets cheer each other!!

Charlif761 Sat, Sep-13-03 09:14

Cheers Wabi!!!

Welcome tot he thread and the challenge. We are glad to have you. And glad you are doing so well on your WOE. Brisbane, eh??? Wow. I am soooo jealous! I have always wanted to go to Australia! My hubby and I are both Scuba Divers, so we are going to make it one day, even if we are 80! lol Just a little afriad of all the sharks on the GB Reef and the stinging and biting (read: Spiders and snakes) things on land!!!! lol Otherwise, I think Australia must be paradise! Anyway, it's nice tohave a new buddy here. I look forward to chatting with you.

Drink your water girl! You are so close to 100kg you can TASTE it...and it is sweet, but not the least bit "carbohydratey"! lol You can DEFINITELY get that kilo GONE by the end of the month!!!

Char

wabi_sabi Mon, Sep-15-03 02:27

Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome and words of support. I've only been back in Brisbane (and in the country) for the last couple of months. So, I figured a change of life deserved a change in my way of eating.

I KNOW we can do it. I'd love to see the scale with one less digit. Down 100g today. I guess every bit helps. What do you do for motivation?

I had a better water day today. Peeing pretty close to clear ('cept for that fluro colour that comes from my vitamins).

Have a good day.
Cheers,
Wabi

becky160 Mon, Sep-15-03 07:42

Next thursday is char's and my weight in day. Today I am still at 226 lbs or 103 kgs. Hope I loose 1 kg more by then.

Wabi.
What keeps me motivated is the support I receive day by day from this forum, my hubby, and the clothes that I did not wear for an entire year that are starting to fit :yay: Also, everyday I go thru people's journals posted in the forum, and read them. It is really encouraging to see how someone, has lost 100lbs and keeps on going!

Stay focused. Open an account at http://www.fitday.com, and enter there all the foods you are eating day by day. the program they have will make you keep track of the quantities of nutrients, protein, fat, calories and carbs you consume, thanks to this huge database that it has. Plus they also have a journal, weight report, exercise report, etc.

Make sure you don't have more than 20 gms of carbs a day.
Drink lots and lots of water.
Pamper yourself
stay focused.

A good excuse I use when i go to eat at someones house, as well as fcallard, is "Sorry, I can`t have that, I have allergies", and keep on going!

Charlif761 Mon, Sep-15-03 11:46

Motivated???

Oh god..Motivated??? What is that? lool Bad week to ask. I have been sick for a week and I am just trying to survive. Weigh in is THURSDAY? ACK! And I have cheated like CRAZY!!! I th ink I had better cut my hair and hope it helps with the weight loss! lol

See you tomorrow. Have to go lie down....

Char

wabi_sabi Mon, Sep-15-03 15:18

Becky: Thanks for the words of support. You've got some great ideas. I do have a fitday account, but I've not been really diligent with my foods. I did it yesterday for the first time in a while and here is what I got:
1550 cals
65% fat (Still hard to believe sometimes!)
4% carb
31% protein
I'm pretty happy with that.

I should get a little more confident about keeping a journal and sharing experiences with the lc world. I'll make a point to start once I break 100.

Char: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope today is a better day. It's probably a really good time to make sure all your carbs are coming from veges and keep up your vitamins and water.

I'm off to the gym today for the first time in a while. I'm hoping my recent weight loss hasn't been muscle turning to fat! I'll save my next weigh in for Thursday also (I can be guilty of getting a bit compulsive there).

Cheers,
Wabi

p.s. What's your favourite LC treat? We get keto bars here and I really love them. Closest thing to chocolate and nothing like the taste of those nasty protein bars. However, I am trying to limit myself to 5 a week!

becky160 Tue, Sep-16-03 08:02

Hi Wabi!

Well my favorite LC treat are pork skins, 0 carbs!...Sorry to tell you that here in spain they do not have any of those ATKINS products!!! :bash: I am sure that if I get to go to London one day, I will bring Splenda (1st of all), and more LC treats like LC chocolate bars. yummy!

I am sooooooo happy! I am down to 102,8 kgs. I was getting depressed because I drank NESTEA light on Sunday, and got me out of Ketosis! But this morning, my ketostix was RED :yay:
I just canīt wait to see the 99 kgs number, I just dream about it!

I have drank IMAGINE 2 gallons of water since 1 am! I really can`t believe this! I feel sooo thirsty all of the time.

My menu today:

2 cups of roman lettuce with
2 slices of ham, 1 oz of edam cheese and the salad dressing made with 2 tbls of olive oil, little knorr and balsamic vinegar.

lunch:

chicken fajita made with
1/4 of sweet red pepper
1/4 of a can of mushrooms
1/2 a chorizo (1 inch long)
very little onion
1/4 drained can of mushrooms sliced.
and of course 1 boneless chicken breast

Dinner:

1 tuna fish small can
1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
1 small cucumber pickle

2 gallons of water!

Take care, see ya tomorrow

Take care, Drink water until you float!!!

becky160 Tue, Sep-16-03 16:46

do you like my new avatars?

anacecilia Wed, Sep-17-03 09:01

Hi there ! Mind if I join you ? I'm really getting close to the 100 kg mark and I'm so excited about it ! :yay: My weight today is 102 kg (225lbs) and I've come a long way since I started Atkins at 125 kg (275 lbs) but I still have a longer way to go until I reach my goal weight of 75kg (165 lbs). I live in Brazil and we have NO Atkins products, splenda or anything like that here, so I have to do it the natural way like some of you... Anyway, I feel that once I cross that 100 kg mark, I'll start to feel a little bit more "normal" again.A three digit weight (for those of us who use kilos and not lbs) is such a heavy emotional burden (no pun intended!) to carry ! I'll sure be glad to get rid of that ! Plus, I'm also happy because I'm finally getting rid of my maternity clothes (by youngest is 6 months old) and for the first time in years I've been able to buy 'normal' clothes, not 'xxl' or 'queen size'... I'll turn 30 next February 1 and my dream is to reach my goal weight by then. God help me ! Good luck to you all ! :thup:

becky160 Wed, Sep-17-03 09:56

New record for me.... 102.3 kgs!!!!! = 225,33 lbs.

Ana Cecilia,

Of course you can join us!! I am only a year older than you and we weight exactly the same!! (not to be to proud of really, but...)...
We are there, and we are ready to go and be on the 2 digits number(in kilograms of course).
You will find that this forum is full of people who are ADORABLE and will help you out to keep on going with your WOE.
Stay focused ok, we are almost there! and.....DRINK WATER UNTIL YOU FLOAT!

anacecilia Wed, Sep-17-03 10:06

Thanks Becky ! Yeah, I know about the water... In fact I keep a 1.5 liter bottle of mineral water by my side all day long and replace it as soon as it's finished, need I say that spend more time in the bathroom than anywhere else in the house ???

wabi_sabi Wed, Sep-17-03 14:45

Hi guys (and welcome ana)! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. CONGRATS!

I decided not to weigh in today - but keep it for tomorrow morning (Friday my time, thursday night for you guys, I think!) I had a big calorie day yesterday, so I am a little worried. But, today I vow to try my best to be good and drink water ALL day.

I teach elementary school, so it's hard for me to remember to drink my water - 'cept in the breaks. Yesterday was awful because I had to cut up a huge birthday cake with fresh cream and strawberries and pass it out to all the kids. I guess it all gets easier! I stay well clear of the other teachers lolly jar now.

See you for weigh in tomorrow - and good luck!

p.s. The avatars look great!

wabi_sabi Thu, Sep-18-03 13:49

Good news with my weigh in. I managed to make it to 100.7kg - which has been a nice whoosh as I've been losing at a rate of about 2-300g a week lately. Perhaps it was your encouragement. Maybe it was the water? ;)

Cheers,
"floating" Sabi

becky160 Thu, Sep-18-03 13:51

Hi everyone,

I'am really happy today, I finally crossed the 225 barrier.:dazzle:
Ok, so here are our stats:

Becky 10/09/03................103.4/101.9 :Party:

Char 10/09/03...................104.2/ :cry:
Wabbi_sabi 12/09/03....101.4/100.7 Great Job!!!:yay:
anacecilia 17/09/02........102/:thup:

Hopefully Next week`s list will be larger.

Char, hope you feel much better today...miss you.

Charlif761 Thu, Sep-18-03 14:13

Ok

I admit it here openly...I SUCK! I have not weighed..I am AFRAID to weigh. My scale is sitting in the corner of my bedroom looking at me with a little grin on it's "face". It knows the terrible truth...I think I have not lost a SINGLE OUNCE! lol THis has been a HORRIBLE two weeks. But, ok, I will weigh tomorrow and tell you all the ugly truth........Pease be kind...I HAVE been really sick. (guilty smile)

For now, I am going to go cry and hope I can pee a kilo of water off by morning! lol

Congrats on your successes!!!!!

Miserably,
Char

Charlif761 Thu, Sep-18-03 14:19

By the way.....

I think I will adopt a new attitude...Anyone remember the "Little Engine Who Could"???? I think I can, I think I can.......

I WILL! I am GOING to be under 100 kilos and I am GOING to make this WOE work for me.

Did I tell you I committed a MORTAL sin? I ate a mini pizza earlier this week. It was so good going down. But, when I finished, I felt like Jonah swallowing the WHALE! I was so sluggish and so bloated feeling!!! Carbs are B A D!!!!! No kidding. I swore I'd never do it again!!!! But, I might...I just might. I hope not till I am a LOT smaller. Pray for me!! lol

Sorry I haven't been keeping up so well. Lots going on here. Kid weekend coming up, so I will be online to escape them this weekend! lol Hope to see you here.

Back tomorrow with the results....

Char

wabi_sabi Thu, Sep-18-03 14:38

Becky: Thanks for doing that with our stats. Good to see it like that. You had an AMAZING week. Well done.

Char: Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it. But, your attitude is spot on. More than you think you can. You KNOW you can. It's got to be far easier than other "diets" you might have tried!

Stick with it girls.

Wabi
Heading for the 99....

wabi_sabi Thu, Sep-18-03 14:49

I just decided to sneak a quick look at everyone's profiles. I noticed we're all at a similar age. Anaceceilia hasn't quite made it to 30 yet - lucky girl! - but the rest of us are early-30's-birds. Unless, of course, we're lying in our profiles!

Is wanting to lose weight something new for you? Or something you've struggled with since your teenage years?

I know I can go up and down 20-30kg in a space of a year. So, that's why I decided to opt for something that did include a way of eating that I could stick with for life.

Of course, the support offered here is invaluable.

Thanks again girls!

anacecilia Thu, Sep-18-03 17:19

Hi there ! Sorry, no weight in today, just too hectic... I swear I'll do it tomorrow and let you know.
Well, I haven't crossed the 30 barrier yet but I will next Feb 1, and I really really really want to weight something about 70-75 kilos by then. That is what I've weighted for most of my adult life. As a teenager I was never thin, but never really fat either - I'm 1,79 m. I got married at 24 to a wonderful guy with one BIG defect: he loooooves to eat. My weight slowly increased from the time I met him and when we got married I was like 80 kilos or so... Then we went to live in the US and that is when things got really out of hand... Too much fast food, too little time to cook and to top it of, I got pregnant with twins.... I came back to Brazil, gave birth to my precious 4 year-olds girls and got slim again. I even had a tummy tuck and a boob lift. Life was rosy again. Until, guess, what ? I got pregnant again. This time it was only one girl (Thank God !) but I got as big as a whale.... After I had the baby I weighted 127 kilos - not the day after, but months after...That is when I decided to change the direction of my life... 25 kilos have gone but I still want another 25 to go too.
Well, well, I guess I just gave you a summary of my life story!
Sorry about that, didn't mean to take too much of your time.
Does anyone else have kids ? Tomorrow I'll let you know how the weight in went. Keep your finger crossed for me !
:yay:

becky160 Thu, Sep-18-03 17:47

Sabi: How funny, I was just posting the following comments on another Thread and you where writing the questions...so here it is. By the way, you can stop by my diary as many times as you wish.
I posted this comments yesterday in the European Low Carbers
Thread and kept a copy in my Diary.
I found ATKINS surfing on the net, but also read a book looong time a go that was from my mother , imagine, the 1st print of the thiny book was in 1978. and was published by Grosset and Dunlap Inc, NY. I still have it, and is right infront of me (don`t have that good of a memory!).
When I was leaving in the States, imagine me...for 7 years always sleeping in dorms, eating at the cafeteria...from a size 10, in 3 years I was a size 16 and yoyo-ing. Then, the new diet fashion was "take the fats away from your diet", "Eat rice, pasta, vegetables, fruit, bread"! and that is what I did for my entire college years...I continued being a yoyo and was starving filling myself with carbohydrates.Then, when I moved to France, I began to loose weight. It was due to the smaller amounts of food consumed by meal compared to the food I consumed each meal in the USA. Also, the different way of eating...Fat, Meat, fiber vegetables...etc. I got down to 75 kilograms.
I gained all the weight back and more here in Spain, when in 2000 I was pregnant but lost the baby. My entire metabolism got blocked. Now I suffer from Prolactinemie. Since then, and for one year, I was taking antidepresants (Fluoxetina), because my mom said it will help me to control more my mood swings. I gained 40 kilograms in 4 years!!!

A year ago, I was surfing the net, informing myself about ketosis, the Atkins diet, etc...but was working and could not follow this WOE.
Now that I am at home, it is much more eassier to follow it, and eat healthier. I am very happy to have found this forum and not to be scared of joining in. My body is beginning to change, and I will do, anything to convert this WOE into a WOL.

Ana Cecilia: I do not have any kids, and I think I won't be able to have any due to my prolactenemie. but hopefully I will be able to get rid of it, and then I will try my best to have a baby. I think that it is very important to get the body in shape before getting pregnant. So first I have to work on that.
I am also married to a man that LOVES to eat. Since the time I met him in 1996 (72 kgs) until the day we married ( 91 kgs) I have been gaining weight (110 kgs until the 28th of july). Another big problem I think, is that he is EXTREMELY lazy and very unactive...and never felt motivated by him to loose weight...I think that unconsciously he just feels confortable seeing me being big, just the same way he is (292 lbs).
So, I said to myself, with him or without him I will do it. and here I am.
I will say that NOW he is very surprised by the way I am focusing on loosing weight, and I hope that sooner or later he will take the same step. But it has to be his choice.
Today he said to me, "I can tell that you are loosing weight, your face looks more thinner." I smiled and made me feel really good. He takes care of the things I eat, and tells me, no, you can't have that!!!
He did ATKINS yeaaars a go, but went back to his eating habits a gained all the weigh back.
You do not bore us with your personal experiences, I think that in this life we learn from them...so don't worry if you write too much or too little...we are here to read you , listen to you and give you all the support and encouragement that you need.

Ok Troop, see ya tomorrow, and be good:angel:

becky160 Thu, Sep-18-03 19:53

quote:

Did I tell you I committed a MORTAL sin? I ate a mini pizza earlier this week. It was so good going down. But, when I finished, I felt like Jonah swallowing the WHALE! I was so sluggish and so bloated feeling!!! Carbs are B A D!!!!! No kidding. I swore I'd never do it again!!!! But, I might...I just might. I hope not till I am a LOT smaller. Pray for me!! lol _____________________________________________________________

CHAR: you are just too funny . I am LMBO!!!!JAJAJAJAJA :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, don't be discourage.
Did that bite of pizza had more than 20 gms of carbs?
Are you keeping record of all the food you eat? Suscribe to fitday.com you will love it.
It is funny, but once we stop having carbs, and if we have LOTS OF THEM, we get really really dizzy and sick...You only had a mini pizza!! If I tell you what I had 13 days ago, you will just die... :lol:

wabi_sabi Thu, Sep-18-03 23:24

Girls, your experiences with food are similar to mine - 'cept I don't have the excuse of having kids! Don't know how you girls do it!

I was 85kg (a voluptuous but healthy weight for me at 6' tall) almost exactly a year ago when I finally met a good man (after years of emotional abuse - mostly because I was unhappy with myself). He, too, loves to eat. Most of our social outings involved food and/or alcohol. That, couple with the fact that I was living in a strange country (Canada - I met him there when I was on a working holiday visa) with even stranger weather (how do people live in -30oC?) allowed me to pack on 25kg in less than 4 months. I'm still amazed when I think of how quickly it goes on compared with how long it takes to come off.

Being the wonderful guy he is, he still loved me at 110kg, but I needed to be happier and healthier. So, I decided to give this a go. I've been home for about four months and doing this for three. He'll be here with me in a month and a half and I know I have to have a well established way of eating before then. I feel I can do that. I'm eating better than I ever did before with heaps more veges than I ever would have. All of these are positive things.

I get a big kick when I see the scales go down. So, I can't wait to see the 99 figure - even if it is 99.9! You'll certainly hear about it the day it happens!

Cheers,
Wabi

p.s. I'm curious to know what happened to the tuck and boob job after you gained the weight back.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

anacecilia Fri, Sep-19-03 07:04

Wabi,
As for the tummy tuck, I think it's still good. I mean, even at 127 and after giving birth, my belly was never the same as it was before giving birth to the twins and having the surgery. Now it looks 'straight' enough, without much pounching (I dont even know if that is a word, but you can guess what I mean). I can only 'grab a handfull of belly' if I'm sitting, if I'm standing up its flat enough now. I'm the world's number 1 fan of tummy tucks. It sure was money well spent. I dont know about you guys, but I'm sure that no matter how many sit ups I did in my lifetime I could never have achieved a belly as flat as the surgery gave me. And it feels sooooooo good to have a flat tummy, for me it was maybe one of the best experiences in my life. (Ok, maybe I'm exagerating a bit here :p). If after all the fat is gone my belly starts to sag again, under the knife, here I go!
As for the boobs, I'll definitely have to re-do it if I want to get that 'perky' (God, I hate this word...) look again. I had them done when my babies were 7 months old. Big mistake. All that lifting of those two chubbie babies made my scar thicken so it never looked good in the first place. I mean, the scars. Being able to go braless was maybe one of the best experiences in my life (Oooooppppssss, here I go again.... I'm a hopeless exagerated person). After breastfeeding Stella (my youngest), I'm definetly anything but 'perky' :cry:. But it was worth for me because for a while I felt terrific and I really plan to do whatever it's needed after all the weight comes of. I'm sure I'll need something done with my arms and inner thighs, because they are sagging as it is, let alone when another 25 kgs. come off. Plastic surgery addicted. That's me...

Becky: you are soooo right about getting in shape before getting pregnant. I'm sure that what got me this time was the fact that I was overweight to beging with. So I gained much more with this one baby than I did with my twins. It makes no sense, does it ? And you knok what ? I'm sure that you will be able to have a baby of your own after getting over the prolactenemie problem (I'm not sure what that is though...) I've seen so many stories of unlikely or 'miracle' pregnancies go well. Right now my best friend is expecting a baby after having had an hemorrage in her brain (I canīt seem to remmember the word in English for that...). The left side of her body was paralyzed for a long time, she lost half of her eyesight and was told that she would never be able to conceive because of the medications she had to take for the rest of her life. Well, all I can say is that little Marie is due any time now...
Well, well, I guess you guys have noticed that I tend to talk a little too much...
I'm taking the baby to the doctor's right now and will try to sneak up and use his scale. Tell you all later how it went.
See you !:wiggle:

anacecilia Fri, Sep-19-03 09:51

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

102.3 kgs ....

I'm soooo depressed..... But I guess you canīt lose ALL the time, right? I didn't cheat, so I guess I must be bloated. It's beginning to get really hot here in Brazil and I always get a little bloated when the weather is too hot .... I hope that's it....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

becky160 Fri, Sep-19-03 10:24

Ana Cecilia,
Look, you are a big looser !!!
You have lost already 50 amazing pounds!!! That for sure has to be celebrated!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :Party: :Party: :clap: