Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   gummy worms (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39361)

jenny v Wed, Apr-03-02 13:18

gummy worms

I was searching the web and saw a receipe for low carb gummy worms, however I don't know what site I was on and I didn't copy the receipe. If anyone knows it or sees it can you let me know I would like to try it. Thanks.

sydney Tue, Apr-09-02 13:56

re gummy worms

Jenny,

I totally love anything gummy! my most missed treat is wine gums. If ever do get this recipe, please pass it on.

Cheers,

Sydney

slimchance Tue, Apr-09-02 14:05

Gummy Worms coming right up!!

I tried these and they definitely do the trick!

2 small boxes (4 servings each) of Jello
4 envelopes Knox (or other) gelatine
1/2 cup water

combine over medium until dissolved
pour onto plate, cool 20 mins
slice into worms

and voila!! :D

Good luck!
KC

sydney Tue, Apr-09-02 14:52

gummy

Slim,

Maybe I am just a little slow, but how do I make these? I dont understand what I mix with what and how come I dont have to put anything in the fridge, or do I?

I am sorry, I have not had enough sleep in the last few days and so my brain is totally broken!

Syds

slimchance Tue, Apr-09-02 15:11

Sorry...I knew what I was doing in my head!! :D

You combine the 2 pkgs of Jello (sugar free), 4 pkgs of gelatin powder and the water in a pot on the stove and dissolve it over medium heat. Once it is completely dissolved (usually only takes a couple of minutes) you pour the liquid onto a dinner plate and refrigerate it for 20 minutes. That is all the time it needs to gel. Then you take it out and slice it into whatever shape you want.

I'm not sure how well they keep because with all my friends LCing they didn't last long...like 2 days. :D I kept them in the refrigerator simply because I always kept Jello there, but I'm not sure if you would need to or not?

Good luck!!

KC :wave:

capnsue Tue, May-28-02 08:34

i made these last night...GOOD LORD were they wonderful! if you add a package of kool-aid mix(the kind that you're supposed to add sugar to, don't add the sugar obviously, heh), you get SOUR gummy worms. (i read that somewhere, i forget where)

i bet you could pour them into cookie cutters to make gummy shapes.

wow, world of gummies....

./su

Atrsy Fri, May-31-02 19:11

I make mine with 5 T Knox unflavored gelatin and added one packet of unsweetened Kool Ade and some Splenda. I did it in a 1 cup measuring cup, so it wasn't quite a cup of water. I put it in the microwave until it disolved. I pour mine into those cute little Jello jelly bean molds. They just pop out and I have a whole tupperware container to much on.

The gelatin is high in protein, no carbs and has some fiber in it!
It's easy to sit there an eat a bunch of those "jelly beans"

Candiflip Sun, Jun-30-02 22:31

I made the gummy worms tonight. They turned out good but I wish I had a jelly bean mold...Where do I get one of those? The worms are a pain to cut.
Thanks

Candice

Azure Fri, Jul-05-02 13:19

you can go to www.jello.com to buy jello molds.

Candiflip Sun, Jul-07-02 13:33

Thank you very much! They only ship to the U.S. so I might order & have them shipped to my grandmothers house.

Candice

havanah Tue, Jul-30-02 20:56

instead of jelly bean molds you could just use those molds that people make candy in...they have all kinds of different shapes and sizes, anyway just a suggestion

Tams531 Tue, Jul-30-02 21:58

Whooo Hoooo

I cannot tell you guys how happy I am to find this thread! I really miss "gummy" candy! Cannot wait to make these! Keep posting these cool tips for treats~ :daze:

Digitalgrl Fri, Jan-31-03 14:05

what fun!

Does anyone have a carb count on this gummies?

yags3ue Fri, Apr-25-03 20:32

i made these tonite...they were very good.
its 0 carbs

terrahawk Sat, May-03-03 17:14

Thanks for posting the Gummi Recipe. I wasn't really a fan of the real ones before but these are certainly fast to make and okay once in a while.
Tony

candyapple Tue, May-13-03 17:41

For those who like pink lemonade or berry flavored lemonade, check this out. :idea:

use a mold, (I used a plastic fruits ice tray. Mini little fruits.)
you will need 4 pks of knox gelatin
1 pk of sf lemon jello
1 pk of sf strawberry jello
1/2 cup of water

In a microwave safe container measure 1/4 cup of water and heat to a boil in the microwave. Add 2 bags of gelatin plus the strawberry pack, mix wel till diluted. It may need an extra 20 secs. in the MW. Pour spoonfuls of mixture halfway into the molds.
Refridgerate for 10 min. Remove them from the fridge.

Repeat the above with the lemon flavor and pour the lemon mixture over the strawberry till the shape is filled. Molds vary in sizes so use your best judgement. Refridgerate again for 20-30 min.

These are not only cute, they are delish.
Enjoy!

NOT_MINIME Sun, May-18-03 15:55

I just made these and they are cooling right now... I am DROOLING waiting for them to be done!!!!!!

Azure Mon, May-19-03 13:27

I make mine in mini-muffin pan. I love them. :)

NOT_MINIME Mon, May-19-03 13:34

Ok. The gummy worms are a great success. I used 4 packs gelatine and 1 pack Jello Lite and 1/4 pack Crystal Lite. Yum! Even with Aspirtine (sp?), they are a yummy treat.... Luckily for me, I don't have a sweet tooth because these are too good... Will expermint with flavours..

roxy_foxy Wed, Jun-11-03 19:20

Gummy Worms were great!

Just thought I'd say thanks for the recipe. They were really good. They don't quite look like the ones in the store, but they sure do satisfy my cravings, and they have no carbs! Thanks!

me2bthin Mon, Feb-09-04 18:41

all you need is 1/2 cup of boiling water to all that powder? How many worms/beans did it make? Also, if you make the sour ones witht he Cool-Aid, do you make the recipe exactly the same and just add a pack of Cool-Aid or do you omit an ingredient? Do you add more water?

leshaimors Tue, Feb-10-04 15:41

wonder how it would turn out if you used only kool-aid mix with knox gelatin, then rolled them in splenda after cooling? would it be like real sweet and sour gummies?

leshaimors Wed, Feb-11-04 13:33

okay, i did not try the sour version, but the regular was really neat! i enjoyed some with my kids last night.

Saweetie Sun, Feb-22-04 13:11

I made these today and so far so good...I have sampled a little from what spilled on my molds... I got these rubber ice cube trays from IKEA and have put the mixture in there....

I made one batch of the two-tone ones Lime/orange with the jello powders and then one with 3 packs of gel and 1 pack of crystal light...

I'll keep you updated on the progress!

Saweetie Sun, Feb-22-04 14:10

Can't beleive they are LEGAL...they are sooo good...

corianin Sat, Feb-28-04 21:43

doesn't SF gelatin have carbs? I thought I looked it up on fitday and remember it having carbs in it. Huh, maybe it's just my frazzled brain steering me in the wrong direction again! Anyhow, I'll have to try these little treats out and see how they taste since everyone else is drooling over them !!!!!!!

charleez Wed, Apr-21-04 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrsy
I make mine with 5 T Knox unflavored gelatin and added one packet of unsweetened Kool Ade and some Splenda. I did it in a 1 cup measuring cup, so it wasn't quite a cup of water. I put it in the microwave until it disolved. I pour mine into those cute little Jello jelly bean molds. They just pop out and I have a whole tupperware container to much on.

The gelatin is high in protein, no carbs and has some fiber in it!
It's easy to sit there an eat a bunch of those "jelly beans"

Bitchin recipe!!! I use it to make the worms. I hate the taste of Jello but somehow using just regular gelatin w/ unsweetened koolaid and splenda is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Girl