Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Reached Goal Today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=209907)

asalvato Fri, Sep-17-04 12:49

Reached Goal Today

I reached my goal weight today. I am thrilled and especially so since I had a very interesting experience the past few months.

I had surgery twice earlier this year (March and May) and lost down to my goal without doing anything special. The days of not eating at all and feeling too crummy to eat much took the weight off. I posted back then that I reached goal with a weight of 155-1/2.

However, when I felt better and started eating better I had a couple of things happen. One, I had a couple of times when I ate a lot because I really craved food. I ate "on plan" but ate a lot. I attributed it to my body trying to see if "there was famine in the land." I had eaten so little while feeling bad that I really think my body wanted to be assured there was enough to eat. Two, I really did get a bit careless and ate more high carb food that I personally can handle. I didn't get cravings but I gained 8 pounds in about 6-8 weeks.

The good news is that I went back to eating right--cutting out almost all the hc foods and watching portions--and I took the 8 pounds off in a month.

It feels good to know that if I do get off track and gain a bit, I can take it off again.

I am currently doing my personal version of carb cycling and intend to stay with it for a while. I would very much like to lose a few more pounds--maybe as much as 10--to give myself some room. Weight fluctuates and I want to always stay under 155.

I AM OFFICIALLY NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT as 155 is the high for my height and build. What a joy.

Good luck to all of you on this lc journey. It really works and it is soooo worth the effort.

nepeta Fri, Sep-17-04 12:57

that's great, good going :cheer:

hopefully in 6mos to a year i will be saying the same thing as you. what great words i've reached my goal are!
i also may end up trying to go below 125 to give myself a bit of room to maneuver, as it is also on the high end of a healthy weight for my height.

good luck with the carb cycling.

Vydor Fri, Sep-17-04 13:07

Wow! THats Great!

nets33 Fri, Sep-17-04 13:10

Congrats!!!!

:cheer: :clap: :cheer:

Good job....!!!!

tom sawyer Fri, Sep-17-04 13:13

Way to go! I know what it feels like to be able to input your weight and height, and have it show "healthy" as opposed to "overweight". Not that the recommendations always apply, but it is certainly nice to be in the healthy range. Especially knowing that there are fewer and fewer people who can say that these days.

And you also now know that you can't get too careless. So you are really ready to begin your life on maintenance. This is both hard and easy. You have no goal to motivate you, and no deadline to meet. Good luck and enjoy yourself. Now you can get creative with your diet and experiment, eat a wide variety and keep it healthy at the same time.

zedneser Fri, Sep-17-04 13:14

:dazzle:Congratulations!! :dazzle::cheer:
I love to hear when people get to their goal weight. It gives me inspiration.

windy Fri, Sep-17-04 13:15

:cheer: Congratulations!! That must be a wonderful feeling. Keep up the good work. :)

Linda

Nancy LC Fri, Sep-17-04 13:18

Congratulations! That's a wonderful acheivement!

orchidday Fri, Sep-17-04 15:40

Congratulations on your wonderful success!! You must feel like a million dollars!

Orchid

CindyG Fri, Sep-17-04 16:07

Congratulations! Well done!

Bronx_Guy Fri, Sep-17-04 16:22

Well done! be proud

VickySail Fri, Sep-17-04 16:26

SKOL! GOAL!

Can I be next? :lol:

Vicky

4beans4me Fri, Sep-17-04 17:43

:yay: CONGRATULATIONS! :yay:

Kristine Fri, Sep-17-04 18:11

:Party: Congratulations!!! :Party:

Carb cycling can work really well. :thup: It lets you have more variety while not going overboard.

Welcome to maintenance! Feel free to post a 'success story' in the SS forum!

corona806 Fri, Sep-17-04 18:27

You must be in your glory. Way to go!!

Anicka65 Fri, Sep-17-04 19:32

Congratulations, asalvato! I'm really happy for you. Success stories like yours keep me motivated, too.

All the best, Anicka65

RainCM Fri, Sep-17-04 19:38

Congratulations! :Party: :yay: :Party: :yay: :Party: :yay: :Party: :yay: :Party:

DaddioM Fri, Sep-17-04 22:08

WOOHOO...congratulations to you!!!!

I just made goal yesterday... so am celebrating too!!!

Mike

neen Fri, Sep-17-04 22:17

Congratulations on your success

asalvato Sat, Sep-18-04 08:55

Thanks to everyone on this forum for support, information, and encouragement. LC has changed my life. Now that I know I have carb addiction, I can actually control what I eat. I still have days when I eat more than I should but at least I eat LC and it doesn't do a lot of damage. LC has set me free. I will be learning a lot the next few months about what I can eat and maintain but it will be OK. I am never going back to eating HC and I know now that I can deal with a small weight gain.

You guys rock!

RCFletcher Sat, Sep-18-04 09:09

Well done! I hope you enjoy maintainance and may your weight never rise again! I'll join you in goal wonderland...one day.

PaminNY Sat, Sep-18-04 10:21

Congratulations on a job well done! I'm really happy for you :)

Pam

niudog Sun, Sep-19-04 06:58

WTG!!! You must be so proud!!!
Good luck with maintanence!!!

adkpam Sun, Sep-19-04 11:44

That's great! What a feeling. And especially since you've successfully gotten over a speed bump or two, while still maintaining.