Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carb Solutions Candy Bar (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=118842)

jeason65 Sun, Jun-29-03 14:58

Carb Solutions Candy Bar

Has any tried these Chocolate Almond candy bar from Carb Solutions? Carb Solutins Choclate Almond bars

The box says it has 0 net carbs but it does 12g of carbs in sugar alcohol and contains Sucralose.

They taste way to good to be on the plan.

msill74 Sun, Jun-29-03 15:13

That is funny, cause everyone else that has had those bars has said they were really nasty. I actually had one that i thought was pretty gross..They say that the cookie dough is ok...But I'd much rather have the Atkins bars....From what I know they are ok for you, but not really smart during the induction phase.

Sillyman

queenbeear Sun, Jun-29-03 16:35

:daizy: Hello jeason65. That is funny because I agree you are the first person I have seen post on this topic that actually likes these bars. I have not tried them myself, but on a thread a day or two ago it was general concensus that these were the least liked bars. Have you tried the Russel stovers low-carb candy yet? Those are my favorites. I have tried the chocolate mints, chocolate covered toffee squares and the turtles. All are great. I have only been able to find these at Walgreens where I live in Florida. Good luck with your weight loss. Queen Bee

manucpa Sun, Jun-29-03 16:38

Pure DeLite bars any day !

S.A.Salsa Sun, Jun-29-03 16:44

CarboLite bars taste like the REAL thing. Soooooooo GOOD. Especially the chocolate truffle. Yuuuuummm!! I think I will go to Eckerd's and buy one now.

siara28 Sun, Jun-29-03 17:12

I actually like the carb solutions bars (chocolate, and the chocolate w/ almonds) also.
I think they taste way too good for no carbs!

I do LOVE carbolite bars (carmel, and the nuget!!)

Heidi

SandraDee Sun, Jun-29-03 18:46

Carb Solution Bars

Well I happen to agree..I wrote last week about how I enjoyed them...and I think I got laughed at by many people. Oh well..I guess everyone has different taste. They wouldn't be my #1 choice of chocolate...but for low carbing they will do for me! :)
SandraDee

Shrinky Sun, Jun-29-03 19:46

The CarbSolutions chocolate bar tastes like the chocolate of those cheap hollow bunny rabbits my Mom used to buy and put in my Easter basket :D !

SandraDee Mon, Jun-30-03 06:30

CarbSolution bars

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!! Shrinky....I know what you mean. They do have that taste! But when there is nothing else around and ya just feel like having something, they do work for me. You did make my morning. :D
SandraDee

BonJoviFan Tue, Jul-01-03 00:56

I tried some Atkins bars last week & 99% of each bar I tried hit the trash! Those were the most disquisting bars I have ever tasted! The Carb Solutions bars taste great! If you like it, go for it!

debi56 Tue, Jul-01-03 15:26

good carbs vs. bad carbs

what are these carbs in sugar alcohol? I thought carbs were carbs. I have been on the diet for almost 1 week and have lost 10 pounds so far. But I do get a hankering for something sweet and sugar free jello only tastes good for so long. Can someone please explain?

IslandGirl Wed, Jul-02-03 12:01

There's a great article, over on the right under Quick Links, where it's all explained already: "The truth about Sweeteners". Also available under Tips on the orange Toolbar above. Matter of fact, there's a ton of info under Tips for new folks.

You might also want to check out the Newbies Questions and the Introduce Yourself Forums!

Welcome.

debi56 Wed, Jul-02-03 12:35

thanks again

that really helped and I will do as you suggest. I have read Dr. Atkins book a couple of times but do not recall the info about sugar alcohols and from what I remember, his book had said that aspartime was ok. I had tried this diet before and lost 30 pounds but got lazy and so tired of eating meat and eggs. But that was about 5 or so years ago and there wasn't as much info and choices for the diet back then.

potatofree Thu, Jul-03-03 21:04

Sorry, it HAS to be said..

I've been forced to re-name them "Constipation Solutions"...

debi56 Thu, Jul-03-03 21:52

too funny

that was pretty funny, hopefully they won't do that to me. I will wait for awhile though just in case. :angel:

BonJoviFan Fri, Jul-04-03 05:29

Quote:
from what I remember, his book had said that aspartime was ok.

I have read the book & reference it quite a bit myself. Aspertame is not okay. It affects your blood sugar. You really should avoid sugar-free Jell-O and diet soda. On the other hand, if you are using aspertame-containing products & still losing weight, you are one of the lucky ones. Some people get nowhere losing weight using foods/beverages containing that sweetner & have had to abandon it all together. Personally, I don't consume anything with aspertame just in case. I tried when I first started the diet and was drinking diet pop & ate sugar-free Jell-O but wasn't seeing the results I wanted so I quit consuming it & started losing weight. It just varies from person to person and I think the general rule of thumb is to do whatever works for you while dieting.

Good Luck,

Angie

dreis1 Sat, Jul-05-03 22:46

I just found some at Big Lots for $0.79. The Peanut Butter/Chocolate were really good but my label says 2 Net Carbs.

Also Power Bar has a sugar free Jamoca Almond Fudge, which was yummy!

But my favorite and I am now addicted if the Sugar Free Mint Patties by Russell Stover. Cheapest at Wal-Mart 2/$3, actually all their sugar-free there is cheaper.

I called the Atkin's center the "Malt..." in the sugar-free candies is also a sugar alcohol and ok to deduct from the carb count. Atkin's website has a downloadeable coupon.

Finally, Hershey's has their sugar-free line: Plain, Almond, Special Dark & Reese's cup. The Reese are good and the Special Dark could be chopped up to add to a low-carb cookie recipe.

debi56 Sun, Jul-06-03 18:09

yummy stuff

thanks for the tips on the yummy stuff. :)

dreis1 Mon, Jul-07-03 20:17

I checked the name for the other sugar alcohol and it is called "Isomalt". It seems to be mainly in the SF hard candies.

debi56 Tue, Jul-08-03 13:44

thanks for the info. :).
Wow Jamaica? That is awesome. You go girl. :wiggle:

debi56 Tue, Jul-08-03 15:36

i didn't find the coupon on Dr. atkins site. :(

dreis1 Tue, Jul-08-03 21:50

if you can't find it, type "coupon" in the search field and it should take you to it. I found it on the home page towards the bottom. It says "Download Atkins Coupon"

http://atkins.com/

also you can call 800-SOY-MILK for coupons for WestSoy products. Their new Soy Slender's are heaven!

debi56 Wed, Jul-09-03 13:45

eureka!

I found it. I just didn't look down the page far enough.
Thanks a lot. I will definitely use it

geminids13 Tue, Jul-29-03 19:52

Carb Solutions Bar

I completely agree with you, Jeason65. I love the Chocolate with Almonds, and I can hardly believe anyone wouldn't like it, especially after choking down an Advantage bar. It's not top quality, but good. I bought 2 at Walmart last week. I started eating it on the way home in the car. After one bite I threw it out the window because it was so good I was positive that the packaging had misled me about the carbs somehow. I didn't eat the second until I did a little research, and I liked what I found.