Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What do you recommend for store stock (Brooklyn NJ US) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106695)

aznlily68 Tue, May-20-03 08:46

What do you recommend?

My parents own a store and its like a health food store. Most of our stuff is organic and natural.
My mother and I are kind of in the Atkins diet together and we carry a lot of LC products. Such as atkins bars, shakes, endulge chocolates, other LC chocolates, LC PB and much more.
My mom wants to expand our LC line and she asked me to choose out and research some products that would be good and lots of people like.
I'm getting the Atkins bake mix, banana nut quick quisine and the orange/cranberry quick quisine for myself.
We might order "Just the Cheese" chips, Atkins crunchers, Atkins Icecream, and other mixes and snacks.
What do you recommend? What tastes good?
Please respond! Thank you!

Elihnig Tue, May-20-03 09:19

I like the flax-o-meal cereals and pancake mix and the LaTortilla low carb tortillas.

Beth

HogarthNH Tue, May-20-03 09:26

My vote is for DaVinci syrups, and Cheeters crackers!

Carry the entire line of DaVinci syrups -- they're all awesome.

Also -- don't forget to carry some pork rinds!

wordlady Tue, May-20-03 13:30

And the Carbo-Lite candy ROCKS!!!

lbiessen Tue, May-20-03 13:33

No carb salad dressings is a must., will ya'll be taking mail orders. Let me know. I have trouble finding products.

Lora

Tiggerdy Tue, May-20-03 13:35

I loooove the Keto Frosted Flakes!! The Keto Hot Cereals aren't that bad either. :)

The Atkins Chocolate Chip Morning Start Bars are really good, too. Tastes just like a regular granola bar.

I'd definitely get "Just the Cheese" chips. They're great!!

HTH-
Nikki :daizy:

fairchild Tue, May-20-03 13:41

If your parents bring Atkins Ice Cream to Brooklyn, there will be many blessings.

And you will have to tell me where the store is. :wave:

lkonzelman Tue, May-20-03 13:42

I loved Cheeters crackers and of course good lc nuts are always welcome (macadamian, pecans, walnuts and almonds).

Mrs. Eldon Tue, May-20-03 14:16

I really low the atkins no carb maple syrup and the keto ketchup

Mandyjane2 Tue, May-20-03 14:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiggerdy

I'd definitely get "Just the Cheese" chips. They're great!!

HTH-

Where do you find those?? They sound yummy.

Tiggerdy Tue, May-20-03 14:24

I first got them from Netrition, but now my local health food store carries them.

They're really yummy and they give you the crunchy chip sensation.

HTH-

Mandyjane2 Tue, May-20-03 14:49

Thanks :) One more thing if ya don't mind, what flavors are best? Thanks again!!

Mandy

Tiggerdy Tue, May-20-03 14:52

I've had the regular cheddar, white cheddar, pizza and bacon flavors-- they were all delish! :yum: There's quite a few other flavors, too. I guess it all depends on your preference.

teddi-4 Tue, May-20-03 15:13

Beth from Maine

I'm from Maine ... Waterville area ... where do you shop for your locarb products. So far I haven't seen flax-o-meal cereals or the locarb tortillas. How about DaVinci's?

HEAVEN Tue, May-20-03 16:26

Gotta get the La tortilla factory tortillas. They are great!

gotbeer Tue, May-20-03 16:45

I just found the "Just the cheese" crackers and I really like them - but they are $3.99 for a 2 oz bag at my Tom Thumb. Yikes!

The "Pizza" flavor is the best I've tried so far, followed by the Nacho and the Bacon. 4 of my LC buddies like them, too, as well as one non-LC who tried them.

rrwriter Tue, May-20-03 18:27

I like Osolo Rollz, bun-shaped things that have 3-4 carbs each. They have quite a bit of gluten and NO SOY!! (Joy). They come in boxes of four separately packaged rolls and are wonderful to carry around in the car. I like the original flavor best (sort of whole-wheaty). They also have a pumpernickel, sourdough (not very successful, to my taste) and two sweet flavors, one of which is cinnamon-raisin (no real raisins.) I find the sweet rolls are tooooo sweet after 10 months of Atkins, but others might like them, especially with a smear of cream cheese.....

Mandyjane2 Tue, May-20-03 21:33

Well I called my local food store today and they didn't carry the Just the Cheese, but did order some for me. We'll see how they turn out :) Thanks!

Mandy