Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   The Cheat Free Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185273)

sisflomi Tue, May-18-04 10:57

The Cheat Free Club

Ok Ladies, and of course any gentelmen that wish to join us. We are going to keep ourselves cheat free from now until the first day of summer. We can adjust after that and go for the end of summer.

First day of summer is June 21, so we have 34 days starting tomorrow to go cheat free.

I am offically 37 days cheat free.

jadefox26 Tue, May-18-04 11:08

Hiya, I'm in too - lets hope a lot more of us want to join in too!! Off to get the instigaters of all of this - will bring them back here!!

BUTTERBALL Tue, May-18-04 11:50

I'd Love To Join This One! Im Actually At A Point Where I Dont Usually Cheat, Nor Feel A Need To! Its Great! So This One Is For Me.......im In.

Btw, Do We Post Our Weights Like We Did With Other Challenges?

CheesyPoof Tue, May-18-04 12:29

Me! Me! Me! Count me in!

I am 9 days cheat free. :)

jadefox26 Tue, May-18-04 13:25

What happens if we do cheat? I mean obviously i don't want to - but what if it happens?? Do we get kicked off??!! lol

sqkitty Tue, May-18-04 13:28

We'll make you walk the plank! LOL! I would imagine that there's no real consequences except for to disappoint yourself. But it is sure alot easier to be cheat free with the support. Besides, being a hottie for summer is great incentive!

twinmomma Tue, May-18-04 13:50

Okay i think I finally made it here....!

jadefox26 Tue, May-18-04 13:52

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! A new recruit everyone!! Welcome to our board twinmo=mma, it's nice to see you!!

twinmomma Tue, May-18-04 13:52

Okay I will join in and put myself to the test!!especailly after today-Thanks Jade for asking me to join-
I got to get the kids out but I am going to stop at your journal and write really quick-:)

twinmomma Tue, May-18-04 13:53

Thanks!!! awww...I am blushing:) I need friends on board with me. I made a friend!! I know corny huh?

zipity Tue, May-18-04 13:56

Glad this challenge was started. I was doing so well until I came down with a cold and went all gimme-a-croissant-and-soup now! :D I need my *ss kicked.

Cheat free as of lunch so ... *sniff* ... HALF day cheat-free :lol:

jadefox26 Tue, May-18-04 13:57

Hey twinmomma - we're all your friends here - you just won't believe how superb everyone is on these message boards!! Make sure you keep your journal up to date and that you come here every day at least once to catch up with everyone - we all need the pressure of having to tell eachother if we've been naughty! It'll keep us on the straight and narrow!!
see you soon xx

twinmomma Tue, May-18-04 13:59

I guess I need to admit that I had a small-very small piece of a cookie before-so only half a day too! :daze:

vbrowne Tue, May-18-04 14:51

Count me in too - looking forward to hearing everyone's progress.

Vikki

missaec Tue, May-18-04 17:51

Me too! I'm in!

tammy565 Wed, May-19-04 03:10

Ok I made it here. This is so cool to have some support as I cheat about once every 2 weeks :rolleyes: But NOT anymore cuz i got my girlies watching my back :D Ok i'm now 3 days cheat free!!!!

jadefox26 Wed, May-19-04 03:36

Hiya, I'm three days cheat free too and I intend on keeping it that way!

CheesyPoof Wed, May-19-04 07:25

Hi girlies! I'm checking in to report I'm on Day 10 "cheat free".

I *WISH* I could add another zero to that number! ;) Only 158 cheat-free days to go til my birthday.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

sisflomi Wed, May-19-04 07:48

Ok Ladies, we have made it through another day of not cheating. Today is the officaly start day, but anyone that has days already added up, let me know and I will add those days to the list. I will come in and update the list here each night.

Sisflomi 38 days CF
Jadefox26 3 days CF
Butterball
ChessyPoof 10 days CF
Sqkitty
Twinmomma
Zipity
Vbrowne
Missaec
Tammy565 3 days CF

sisflomi Wed, May-19-04 07:55

If you cheat, well, maybe you will get a little buzz through your comptuer, zap!!! The biggest discipline you will get is you will not be rewarded. What is your reward for not cheating?
Good health
More inches lost
More pounds lost
Your dignity
Your selfesteem
Compliments from all
Feeling good about yourself not cheating
No more rude comments or stares from people
No more granny panties
Plenty of energy
Keepin up with your kids/spouse
Being able to say I DID IT
Getting your dream job
Fittin into the next size down instead of up
Buying clothes in the "normal" size department
Not even going near the "plus size" department ever again
No more depression
No more hidding in the bedroom from your mate
Playing in the yard with your kids
Going out in the world and actually having a life

There are many more rewards for sure, feel free to add to the list.

We can all do this, we need support and motivation, which we have more than enough of right here on this forum.

zipity Wed, May-19-04 08:06

Just updating my figures. Will chat to you guys later!

Much :rheart:
Z.

Code:
Member CF days ====================== Sisflomi 38 Jadefox26 3 Butterball ChessyPoof 10 Sqkitty Twinmomma Zipity 1 Vbrowne Missaec Tammy565 3

jadefox26 Wed, May-19-04 08:40

That's really cool Zip - it makes it a bit more real seeing it down on "paper" like that!!
Well, I've had a really great day today - I went out with my step mum and we had fun with the kids for the morning - I have managed to convert her onto Atkins too - and I had to laugh only she's going through the induction - day 2 today and she's going through hell bless her!! I did tell her I had been there snd done it - and I remember how hard I found it at first - what with getting use to drinking all that water and the realisation that I couldn't eat everything in sight!! But I think she can do it - she's only got like about a stone to lose - so I hope she does it - we'll see! I keep on at her about the water though...I'm such a hypocrite hahahha, but almost, keeping on at her kind of spurs me into drinking more - so it's worth it!!

Anyway, glad to see so many lovely faces here on the board - will catch up with you all tomorow! xx
Oh, and for those of you I haven't told - I just posted sanother up-to-date pic in my journal - wow - I can even see a difference in my face nhow - before others were telling me I was losing it from my face but I couldn't see it - but now I can!!

Let me know what you think!

sqkitty Wed, May-19-04 09:29

Morning all! I am so glad to see all the new recruits! YAY! I don't see on this that when Tammy and I fisrt starting coming up with stuff that we ARE allowing 3 drinks per week. Beyond that is cheating though. Lc products are allowed as well. The big thing is to keep to our plan as best as we can. The more of us here to help each other out the better we'll be and the happier we'll be. Plus it's awfully nice to have some help. I'd like to make 1 quick announcement....
Today is my 1 month LC anniversary. I'm so happy with my self.
I have not cheated so far but I know that the temptation is out there. It almost got me a few times. The folks on this board are what keep me straight. Have a fantastic cheat free day everyone!!!

twinmomma Wed, May-19-04 10:47

Yeah down to 144.5!!

Hey all- :wave:
How is everyone? Today had been pretty good (still need to post what I ate in journal-lazy:) ) I got up and weighed myself I am down to 144.5 :yay: I also went to this store that I love that is only 10 mins away from my house. It's only LC!!!! Of course I love the delite candies and I bought some but I wasn't sure if I can have them during phase 1-does anyone know? I am dying to have one!!
Took Skyler to Dr's office and she is 11.3lbs-she got her shots and is sleeping so i guess I may try to get the rug rats to take a nap too so I can sleep! Isn't sleep underated???? :lol:

brdgrl Wed, May-19-04 11:57

ok, I'm in! It's going to kick my lame-o self into order :lol: Just so I get the "rules" straight, does "cheat free" mean we don't have "legal" cheats like SF ice cream, does it mean that we don't have sugar and carb-infested products, or do we define it for ourselves?
Thanks Sis,
Birdie

vyyz Wed, May-19-04 13:53

Sign me up! Cheat free, here I come :)

sisflomi Wed, May-19-04 21:58

Ok Cheat free means this, you have no foods that are not allowed at all. We stick with our max carbs allowed per day. If that means you have LC Candy, then you have to make sure to allow room for the carbs from it. No high carb foods at all. Including drinks!!!!!!!!!!

I made myself up two pitchers of crystal light, I poured a little of each into an ice cube tray, and will have the crystal light over the cubes or water to drink. I did find low carb chocolate milk today, so I will let myself have a cup every other day.

Meals should be made up of what phase of lc you are in. I am sticking with induction, but going to 25 carbs now.

So glad to see you here Birdie, we will kick your butt in the right direction.

Vyyz, welcome to The Cheat Free Club. It is great to add more people to the challenge.

Zip do you want to keep track of us? Looks like you have a better program to post it than I do.

And those that want/need alcohol, look for the no drink challenge, should be right under us here, there is a mixed drink with zero carbs, if your gonna drink, make it the zero carbs.

We are doing great. We can make it, we just did another day of no cheats. YEAH for us all.

missaec Wed, May-19-04 22:21

Member CF days
======================
Sisflomi 38
Jadefox26 3
Butterball
ChessyPoof 10
Sqkitty
Twinmomma
Zipity 1
Vbrowne
Missaec 19
Tammy565 3

AFwife Thu, May-20-04 01:31

Ok I'm in. Thank you Jadefox for directing me this way. I've been having a problem with cheats the past 2 weeks. Just can't stop. Nothing big just a couple of cookies here, marshmellows there. It's just been little things but it's stalling me and I feel awful.

Having to come in here will keep me accountable. I hope that being here just makes me stronger.

So today will be my first day! So far no cheats. :)

Member CF days
======================
Sisflomi 38
Jadefox26 3
Butterball
ChessyPoof 10
Sqkitty
Twinmomma
Zipity 1
Vbrowne
Missaec 19
Tammy565 3
AFwife....hope to make this day 1

zipity Thu, May-20-04 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisflomi
Zip do you want to keep track of us? Looks like you have a better program to post it than I do.
No special program here! :) Just using the [code] tags similiar to the [quote] tags and a bit of patience with the preview feature in sorting out the spacing.
Happy to help though!