Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cheesecake - "Cheesecake" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=117412)

Wendy226 Tue, Jun-24-03 14:40

"Cheesecake"

Not sure if it's been posted here before or not, but this stuff is WONDERFUL and really takes the sugar craving away!!

12 oz of cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 pkgs of Splenda
1 tsp of vanilla

Whip cream until it forms peaks. Mix in softened cream cheese,Splenda and vanilla. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (or not at all!!) It makes 8 servings, 2.6 carbs per serving. YUM!!!Tastes just like crustless cheesecake!! :yay:

amtuamor22 Tue, Jun-24-03 15:05

looks good, but arent there some recipes that you use sour cream in? Also, what about a low carb crust? :D

MoonShadow Tue, Jul-15-03 06:35

SourCream...!!

Hiya!

Sour cream can be whipped stiff almost like regular whipping cream! In fact, if you whip it with just a tad AS it will make a really fresh, slightly 'tangy' sort of cream that tastes just heavenly with chocolate cake, fruits or an apple-pie! (Keep dreaming of that appe-pie I'm not allowed to eat.. *sigh*) I also sometimes whip it up with some unsweetened cocoa powder and a splash of vanilla essence - it's super rich and yummy!

Cheers,
MoonShadow :)

lueezeee Tue, Jul-15-03 07:07

This "crustless" Cheesecake sounds great! Where do you find sugarfree cocoa?

lburnikell Sat, Jul-26-03 16:11

My mouth is watering just thinkin about it

Kristine Sun, Oct-12-03 15:38

Oh man, this is fantastic! :daze:

I looked at it and thought to myself, "hmmm... 8 servings, eh? You sure about that?" But it's so rich, a few spoonfuls is plenty.

AshGrrrr Fri, Oct-17-03 18:06

wow, this and pizza quiche made for a great friday night treat. And there are plenty of leftovers for the rest of the weekend! :)

meows Sun, Oct-26-03 21:01

mmmmmmmm

sounds yummy and so simple!

nobread!? Sun, Nov-02-03 22:38

YUM! one foot in the kitchen already while typing a thanks!

issa Thu, Nov-06-03 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtuamor22
? Also, what about a low carb crust? :D

I made this cheesecake a few days ago, but I added a low carb crust!

150g Almond flour (ground almonds)
40g butter
Slenda to taste.

Mix the butter into the almond flour with a fork until it resembles bread crumbs, Add sweetner, then add a teaspoon of water and carry on mixing well until a dough forms, u may need to add a tiny bit more water.

Get a baking dish and transfere the mixture, it is to difficult to roll so using a spoon press the mixture to the edges of the dish, u can wet the spoon in a little water to stop it sticking while u press it.

Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until the crust is brown. When the crust is cooled add the cheesecake mixture (above) onto the crust and set in the fridge as stated.

Of course u will have to add more carbs to this cake as the crust adds to the carb count, but the crust has only 7grams of carbs. My estimation is per slice, its 3.5g

My maths was never very good tho :blush:

azggma Thu, Nov-20-03 19:58

What is AS?

<<Sour cream can be whipped stiff almost like regular whipping cream! In fact, if you whip it with just a tad AS it will make a really fresh, slightly 'tangy' sort of cream>>

This sounds good, but I don't know what your abbreviation AS stands for.

CarolynC Thu, Nov-20-03 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by azggma
This sounds good, but I don't know what your abbreviation AS stands for.

AS = artificial sweetener

Mommyof3 Thu, Nov-20-03 23:36

Omg

Im On my 4th day od Induction (sp?) and I loved this!! It made for a great late nite snack, I have been wanting something sweet and rich, and this hit the spot!! Thanks SOOOO much! Now I wont have to rob my children for there candy (just Kidding).

azggma Fri, Nov-21-03 08:51

Thanks, CarolynC -- AS = artificial sweetener -- of course!!! I'm used to seeing the brand name and just didn't connect.

missymagoo Mon, May-17-04 20:31

yummy that is what it sounds like. sue

bigted Sat, May-22-04 20:18

I've just died and gone to heaven this is so rich and devine - I had it with fresh strawberries tonight and it was wonderful.

small2004 Mon, May-24-04 14:39

I know this my sound crazy but what is whipping cream? :o

lillykins Tue, May-25-04 14:59

Very silly question...
Is 'soft' cheese (such as plain Philadelphia) the same as cream cheese? can not find anything called cream cheese in my local supermarket.

LisaAC Tue, May-25-04 15:04

That sounds soooooo good. Thanks for posting it. :)

erinleigh Tue, May-25-04 15:08

I have crustless cheesecake every night and I am in love with it! That feeds all my sweet cravings!

BlitzedAng Tue, May-25-04 15:30

I used ground almonds and ground pecans mixed with 1/3 stick butter melted and splenda.Made a nice crust for me. Kids really enjoyed it :)

Angel

Wally-D Fri, May-28-04 22:51

I love the cat picture. Where in Jersey are you from ? I'm from Roselle Park NJ...take care, Wally-D

Karen D. Sat, May-29-04 15:58

To answer a couple of questions that have been asked recently:

1. Whipping cream is sometimes referred to as "heavy cream." It's cream with a heavy butterfat content that thickens when it's beaten. What else can one say - whipping cream is whipping cream!

2. Philadelphia Cream Cheese is one brand of cream cheese. There are other brands, but it sounds as if you're thinking of the right product.

Karen D.

BlitzedAng Mon, May-31-04 08:39

My children and I truly enjoy this.Lasttime I used a cheese grader to shred some sf chocolate bar on top.

clgrein Mon, May-31-04 11:23

Food network. com.... Low carb and loving it. He uses wheat germ and splenda sprinkled on the bottom of the plate and swears it tastes just like cheese cake crust. Its on the no bake key lime cheese cake recipie.

dazzlin182 Tue, Jun-08-04 06:03

ive tried this its yummy! i added 2 tbsps sour cream and zest of lemon

Fatsgot2go Tue, Jun-08-04 14:27

Well I tried it as well but I thought it was too salty tasting. But who knows maybe my tastebuds are all out of whack too.

dazzlin182 Wed, Jun-09-04 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgrein
He uses wheat germ and splenda

ive tried using wheat germ but it didnt really taste like what i thought it should be? almond flour and butter made better crust - just imo

clgrein Wed, Jun-09-04 17:23

It does sound much better that way, Ill def. give it a try! Has anyone used different extracts with the cream cheese and sweetner? How did it work out for you? I was going to use an orange extract, maybe thinking it would be like an orange cream pop, but im scared it will come out tasting like citrus cleaner, that how the extract smells...???

Fatsgot2go Mon, Jun-14-04 14:32

I added unsweetened coccoa to see if that would help and it was nasty. I hope I didn't add the wrong kind of whipping cream. I used the stuff in the milk dept. called heavy whipping cream in a milk carton. Maybe it would be better with the spray can or tub whip cream. :q:

Let us know how the orange turns out.