Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LowCarb Food Products - Ideas and Wish List (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39748)

Flaxie Sun, Apr-07-02 10:43

If you had your d'ruthers????

Hi Y'all!!!
This is Julee, formerly of LowCarb Success, Inc and creator of the FlaxOmeal cereal. I am no longer with that food manufacturing company and will be striking out on my own as soon as our dispute is settled. I am wanting to know what you guys want to see in lowcarb foods. Some ideas I have are frozen pizza's, frozen entree's, soups and casserole mixes, shake mixes with flax and other assorted goodies that I can't yet mention here. My question.....what is your heart's desire in lowcarb convenience foods? We all know that the basis of this diet is high quality protein, fat, and vegetable carbs. But when you DO want a convenience food, what would it be? And would you like to be a taste tester for upcoming products?
Thanks and
Happy Lowcarbing!!!
Julee

IslandGirl Sun, Apr-07-02 21:40

here's the 2-part challenge from MY perspective...

I'll go first :devil:

I've been thinking about these two items for a long time. Talk about a wish-list... :D :daze: :p :spin:

(1) A lowcarb sweet meal-replacement or snack bar that (of course) doesn't use sugar alcohols OR glycerol/glycerine ... as long as it sticks together, I don't CARE if it's a little bit dry.

(2) A lowcarb not-sweet (savoury, eh?) meal-replacement or snack bar, ditto on the glycerol. This is a 2-parter, really:
(2a) A pemmican (berries and meats and fats) "bar" and also
(2b) A nut-bar, vegan (no animal products).

Lisa N Mon, Apr-08-02 15:12

I think low carb soup mixes or casserole mixes would be awesome and I'd LOVE to be a taste tester for the new products! I think some low carb crackers that don't taste nasty would also be nice. Thanks for asking!

Flaxie Tue, Apr-09-02 09:26

Thanks, you guys!!!! (or shall I say GALS? :-)
I REALLY will be needing input in the upcoming months and taste testers, fo sho!!! I have tons of ideas but without running them past those in the know they will just stay ideas. Help me launch my new food company (when I can that is) and have a say in which products come out first! Thanks for all your support and well-wishes. These have been stressful times for me, but as my Mom once told me "When God closes one door HE opens another. However, it's HELL in the hallway." LOL
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee

GatorGal93 Tue, Apr-09-02 09:32

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

I will gladly try any low-carb pizza you come up with.

Good luck with the new biz!

Julie

suzzcq70 Tue, Apr-09-02 12:09

Muffins!

I have to say that the Flax O Meal cereal has saved my low-carb "life". I am not a sweets lover, but I need my oatmeal, bread, and muffins. Thankfully, I found the cereal in time before I gave up.

Now if only I could have a fantastic muffin to go with my coffee!! Not sweet, but something like bran or oatmeal-tasting. Like the cereal but in a muffin!!

And I'd be glad to taste test anything you come up with!!

Suz

Flaxie Tue, Apr-09-02 15:04

Thanks so much for replying, y'all. Suz...may I ask where you heard about the FlaxOmeal Cereal? And thanks for your support as well. I know LowCarb Success has come out with a pizza crust mix, and it's really good. I wish that company well, I really do. I can't wait until I am free to do my own company and run with so many of the ideas I have gotten from lowcarb sites like this one. On a personal note, my boyfriend and I are both strictly lowcarbing right now....he's lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, and I've lost 6 for a total of 106 pounds for me. :-) So far, so good!!!! Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee

vmoore2 Tue, Apr-09-02 15:18

more food ideas

I would also be willing to buy a lc pizza crust mix. I hope your businnes is a success. I hope more and more people get into this wol so we can have more choices and variety in the convenience of our local grocery stores. It would definately help low carbers survive this wol in a carb obsessed world.

Flaxie Tue, Apr-09-02 15:26

Hi VMoore,
Even though I am disentangling myself from LowCarb Success, Inc I can assure you the pizza crust mix is the best on the marketplace. You can find it at www.lowcarbmall.com. It's called FlaxOmeal Pizza Crust Mix. Always happy to steer a lowcarber in the right direction, even if it's not in MY direction. :-)
All the Best,
Julee

Sueparl Tue, Apr-09-02 18:54

Hi--I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post here. This subject greatly interests me. I'm not much of a cook, and would be VERY interested in frozen meals with the proper ratios of protein, fat and carbs. Lo carb ice cream would be high on my list, too. Gelatin mix with splenda instead of aspertame.

I also would LOVE to be a taste tester---please count me in!!

By the way, I started Atkins 2/14, and after almost 2 months, I've lost 15 pounds. It's definitely NOT falling off the way Dr. A promised, but I will not quit. I haven't cheated even once--and I really don't have many legal treats. So I'll just keep plugging along...

suzzcq70 Wed, Apr-10-02 07:12

Julee

I heard about the FlaxOmeal cereal on this site. I was browsing the LowCarb Products forum and saw it. Many LC'ers had talked about using ground flax seed to make your own cereal, and I had tried it, but it wasn't very good. Then I read the reviews of the FlaxOmeal cereal and had to try it!!

I am a nutrition professional, so I know the benefits of flax as an n-3 fatty acid. I have used flax seeds a lot in the past myself and for patients. Just never tasted as great as this product!

Suz

Cherio Fri, May-03-02 12:31

Re: If you had your d'ruthers????

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaxie
Hi Y'all!!!
This is Julee, formerly of LowCarb Success, Inc and creator of the FlaxOmeal cereal. I am no longer with that food manufacturing company and will be striking out on my own as soon as our dispute is settled. I am wanting to know what you guys want to see in lowcarb foods. Some ideas I have are frozen pizza's, frozen entree's, soups and casserole mixes, shake mixes with flax and other assorted goodies that I can't yet mention here. My question.....what is your heart's desire in lowcarb convenience foods? We all know that the basis of this diet is high quality protein, fat, and vegetable carbs. But when you DO want a convenience food, what would it be? And would you like to be a taste tester for upcoming products?
Thanks and
Happy Lowcarbing!!!
Julee

Definately a LC soup for those cold winter days....yummmm...and what about a real LC bread, that does not taste like air!

Guinea pig here!! I will test anything!!LOL

Flaxie Fri, May-03-02 12:50

Ok...anyone who wants to be a taste tester for my new company, please email me!!! I hope to be able to start manufacturing lowcarb foods in the very near future and I need you guys to give me feedback. Thanks!!! Julee

DWRolfe Fri, May-03-02 13:13

Love to, but how do we reach you?

Hi there! I'd love to be a taster for you. Always good to get the opinions of as many serious LCers as possible, right?

But how do we email you? I didn't see your email in your profile...

thanks!

Donald :wave:

IslandGirl Fri, May-03-02 14:14

Hey, DWRolfe, Products Moderator here!

We really shouldn't be posting email addresses out here in the public Forums, as there are nasty little spam-generator bots out there in the world that do nothing but collect email addys for firing spam too...

But there IS an easy answer, just PM Flaxie, see the PM button at the bottom of everybody's posts? On hers, if you click on the PM button, it brings up the Private Messaging function here (and I hope she's ready to housekeep that there mailbox so it doesn't get too full!).

PS: as soon as FLAXIE (a.k.a. Julee) posts one more time, PM will become active for her. Please don't try to PM until her posts count (see over on the left under her nickname) reaches 25 .... until then, posting here where all the stuff stays together should be just fine.

PPS: Julee, drop me a line by the usual alternate methods (you know my email) if I can be of further technical help here!

Flaxie Fri, May-03-02 16:53

Man, I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. <grin> I would love to have people P.M. me. (is that what it's called?) I think I am almost up to 25 posts, too. Thanks for your help, Judi! How's things in the great white north? :-) I REALLY want to hear what products people want and what they DON'T want, and start signing up taste testers. (no purchase required, of course...for our research and development purposes only!) In my last company the response of the taste testers had to come in almost universal before we ever released a product. (lots of trial and error there, lemme tell ya! LOL) Hope I can figure out how to do this PMing thing....I'll letcha know.
Thanks!
Julee

Flaxie Fri, May-03-02 17:00

Ok, this should make 25 or possibly 26 posts now. (dang, I get around... hee hee) Please PM me if you would like to be a taste tester for my new products. Thanks! Julee

Just Lisa Fri, May-03-02 17:45

Pasta

I'd love to help taste testing. And I'd love some pasta, ALL the substitutes I've tried have sucked monumentally. Normal size cookies that are low carb and aren't so dry that you choke to death on them.... I know, I want miracles..... :roll:

Cinderella Fri, May-03-02 18:50

Here's a list...lol

brownies

frosted cake...I don't care what kind

bread

crackers

cream of mushroom soup

pasta noodles

cookies...ones with taste

milkshake mix

orange shurbert(sp?)

very low carb nachos or tortellia shells

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Flaxie Fri, May-03-02 22:07

So cool y'all!!! Keep those ideas coming! These are really great. Some are harder than others as far as putting it all into motion, but it can be done eventually. I'm actually working on some of the things you listed already. (and yep, y'all can be taste testers) Thank you so much....keep 'em coming. Ok, back to the kitchen to work on cookies. :-)
Julee

Flaxie Thu, May-09-02 16:01

Well, thus far the cookies just aren't happenin'. LOL At least not in the R & D department of MY kitchen, they're not. I'll keep trying. However, I have compiled all of your requests and will eventually be making the very best of the best lowcarb products again. In fact, I've got my first product almost ready to roll out as soon as I am disentangled from my last company. I promise these are perfect for a raging sweet tooth and that's all I can tell you. (right now) :-) Please keep those suggestions coming!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee

Flaxie Tue, May-14-02 15:43

Getting back to taste testers....

Hi Y'all,
SO sorry it took me so long to get back to the many of you who wrote to me about your wish lists and being taste testers. Honest, I couldn't find my dang inbox (like it's THAT hard, right) Sheesh. Anyway, my apologies!!! I'm trying not to break any rules here by getting too specific, so just let me say that you can PM me if you have any questions. (now that I know where my inbox is...LOLOL)
Julee (who is spending the afternoon studying the rules here :-)

IslandGirl Tue, May-14-02 16:27

Oy, watch it doesn't overflow, Flaxie, it has like a 10-post limit on it, so make sure to delete 'em when done (and don't save copies of any sent)...

Ta!

Cinderella Tue, May-14-02 17:25

Incase no ones mentioned it yet...but ....I WANT A FEW FROZEN DINNERS!...lol Can we add that to the "big list"!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Flaxie Tue, May-14-02 20:48

Cindarella....
Yes, MA'AM. I hear ya loud and clear....frozen dinners!!!! I'll add it to the long (and growing longer) list! Of course, as you all know, I am NOT FREE TO DO FOOD AT THIS TIME, as I have stated on this public forum many times!!!! (there's the disclaimer, once again) :-P However, I will be free to do food eventually and then I will take all of your suggestions to the R & D department for consideration. Thank you so much for all of your letters, support and well wishes.
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee

Flaxie Tue, May-14-02 20:50

Judi, Judi, JUDI!!!!
Can you believe it took me THIS long to figure out that I had messages??? DUH!!! (must be lowcarbing, it's gotten to my brain... hee hee) I WILL check my box every day now. Thanks for everything, hon.
Huggums,
Julee

lilshug Thu, May-16-02 11:32

mmmmmmmm

Hi, Julee!
I will! I will! I will! :D I would DEFINITELY love to be one of your guinea pigs as I have plenty experience stuffing things in my mouth!.......ooh, that didn't sound right, did it? :rolleyes:
Anyway, here goes: Some sort of frozen dessert that can fill the ice cream-shaped hole in my heart.
And chocolate. Smooth, buttery, sweet chocolate!
Ciao!

Flaxie Thu, May-16-02 13:26

Mmmmmm, Ice Cream

Oh, girl....you are singing my song. Ice cream. mmmm. Someday, hon. I heard there is a good one out there, something about Velvet or Silk or something like that. I think lowcarbluxury had a review about it about a month or so ago. I'm glad to get those requests, keep 'em coming in! I AM NOT FREE TO DO FOOD AT THIS TIME.....LOL....ok, so there is the disclaimer once again! I'll be around, so we can touch base again on this soon.
Thanks!
Julee (who is really craving ice cream right now and might have to do the baggie ice cream thang :-)

lilshug Thu, May-16-02 22:25

W-w-what's the baggie ice cream thang?? Spill it! :D

Flaxie Thu, May-16-02 23:36

The ice cream is in the BAG!!! :-)

Ok, here's how ya do it. (well, at least how I do it) You take your favorite ice cream recipe. Mine is just about a cup of half and half, some splenda to taste and some vanilla with a dash of salt. Pour into a sandwich size zip lock baggie. Place THAT baggie inside of a gallon size zip lock bag and then add about 3-4 cips of ice and about a half a cup of salt. (approximately) Then put the gallon bag in another gallon bag so's not to get your couch all wet and then just kinda gently "goush" the thing around while you are watching TV, maybe for about 15 minutes. Vwah-LAH! Soft yummy fresh ice cream. It is SO good, it's unbelievable. Easy, too. Try it!!!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee