Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Carb Farts (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183346)

PilotGal Sun, May-09-04 08:53

Carb Farts

Spent a long weekend with a friend, and we indulged in things like hummus and pita bread. she kept referring to carb farts she was having as a result of the food we ate. Anyone ever hear anything similar?

Vanity3 Sun, May-09-04 08:58

ROTFLMAO :lol:

Yep, I sure have, I just never discussed it with anyone

CandidCam Sun, May-09-04 09:04

Yep...I'm doin' a refeed and have been "jet-propelled" since yesterday afternoon....

;)

Kirsten

Kristine Sun, May-09-04 10:05

I blame the chickpeas. And wheat. :blush:

rice_boi Sun, May-09-04 10:56

no wonder i can't get a date on carbup weekends hahaha... i should have a sign attached to me that says "NO SMOKING WITHIN 30feet... HIGHLY FLAMABLE GAS" wahahahaha

rice_boi Sun, May-09-04 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandidCam
Yep...I'm doin' a refeed and have been "jet-propelled" since yesterday afternoon....

;)

Kirsten

nice camera Kirsten :) and even nicer progress :D

JeannieM Sun, May-09-04 11:59

After DH and I started locarbing last June, it took us about 2 weeks to notice that this WOE was resulting in great reductions in passing of gas. A couple of times since I've eaten too many carbs and the first sign is usually gas pains. Uh oh.

Jeannie

killamira Sun, May-09-04 12:06

LMAO!! :D hehehehehe yup carbs do do that to you!

Jen7416 Tue, May-11-04 12:16

My sister came to visit a while back and I made her stop eating carbs while she was at my house because her gas was soooo horrendous. A couple of days on my way of eating and she was loving the fact that she had lost all the bloat and eye-stinging farts.

erinleigh Tue, May-11-04 12:46

I haven't experianced any of that....I got lucky! I don't pass gas anymore..and if I do...its around my TOM!!! LOL!!!!

PilotGal Tue, May-11-04 13:10

i get the toots all the time, and i thought it was because of all the veggies i eat. broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, all those gas producing veggies. You're telling me that everything makes you fart except protein?

Gia Tue, May-11-04 13:54

Wow, I have never experienced that.

But I HAVE experienced that with those sugar free chocolates >_<

Jen7416 Tue, May-11-04 14:04

OMG, talking about the SF chocolates...I ate a few too many one day and the whole car ride home my daughter kept asking me "what stanks" (she's already got that Nashville twang). When I eat true low carb (no LC products) my life is wonderful, as soon as I slip something into the mix, there's all kinds of hell to pay.

nikkil Tue, May-11-04 14:52

Yep -- I just came off a cheating binge for a few days :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and was tooting like crazy! I know it's the carbs because when I'm following LC I hardly ever, ever do it (except if I eat sf ice cream :rolleyes: ). Yet ANOTHER benefit to low carbing -- gotta love it!! Now, if I could only get DH to follow this.... :D

Nicole

w0rd Tue, May-11-04 15:05

JEN7416, this is off topic, but i know ALL about that NASHVILLE TWANG!! hehe

JeannieM Tue, May-11-04 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7416
OMG, talking about the SF chocolates...I ate a few too many one day and the whole car ride home my daughter kept asking me "what stanks" (she's already got that Nashville twang). When I eat true low carb (no LC products) my life is wonderful, as soon as I slip something into the mix, there's all kinds of hell to pay.

This morning they had a low carb segment on CNN. Soledad O'Brien, the morning anchorwoman, ate 2 or 3 SF peanut butter cups while on the air -- she is also pregnant with twins, which (I believe) makes one even MORE prone to GI distress. She announced that the SF chocolates were "good!" I wonder if they'll do a CNN follow up on the after effects tomorrow morning. :D

Jeannie

Jen7416 Tue, May-11-04 15:24

Yeah, like a follow up to her co-anchor dying for oxygen cuz her pooties are so ridiculously foul.

Jen7416 Tue, May-11-04 15:32

wOrd, tell me about it. She's only six and when I realized what was happening with her accent I cracked up. I'm not originally from Nashvegas so I guess she's getting it from school.

BlitzedAng Tue, May-11-04 15:50

Lemme put it this way. My dh is not one to measure ice cream portions, soooo, when I see him walk into his computer room with a bowl I stay clear of that room for a good long time, LMAO.

Pugzley Tue, May-11-04 16:26

I wonder if Soledad will even show up for work tomorrow morning! LOL! I'm going to watch and see if I can detect any "afterburn" while she's on. LOL!

JeannieM Tue, May-11-04 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugzley
I wonder if Soledad will even show up for work tomorrow morning! LOL! I'm going to watch and see if I can detect any "afterburn" while she's on. LOL!

I actually thought of calling the show in NY to "warn" her after she ate the first chocolate and went for the second, but then the meanie in me kicked in :devil: :devil: -- hell, we ALL had to learn this the hard way didn't we??

Jeannie

w0rd Wed, May-12-04 23:23

well i lived in clarksville for 13 years.. the twang doesnt seem to be as bad there as it is in nashville. i think its because of all of the country music. that or maybe i didnt hear it because i was only 13? :)