Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My first "Before & After" photos... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44280)

DWRolfe Sun, May-12-02 18:53

My first "Before & After" photos...

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm rushing this a bit...I had planned to wait to do this until I hit my goal of 350...

...and today I'm at 355. I also had planned to take the "After" photo wearing some new smaller clothes (instead of my carpenter jeans!), but what the hell, I think the 71 pound difference is noteworthy, plus I'm learning how to Photoshop the images together so that when I take some new (better) photos I can throw them together with ease. Besides, I always appreciate when others post B&A shots. I find them inspirational!!

I wanted to post this in the "Success Stories" forum, but I thought I'd wait to post there until I have better photos (and I've lost more weight!)

So here's my photos...the Before is me in November 2001, 1.5 months before I started LCing. I estimate my weight here at 410 or so. I reached 426 before I started LCing in January 2002. The After is me today at 355. And I will post some others in less baggy clothes!

Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...I'm smiling, but so ashamed, unhappy and scared inside...

Bless us one and all...

Donald :wave:

tamarian Sun, May-12-02 19:30

Way to go Donald!! You look half the man you used to be! ;)

Wa'il

Natrushka Sun, May-12-02 19:48

Wow, Donald, you look great! Keep it up :thup:

Nat

tlawson Sun, May-12-02 20:45

Way to Go Donald!!

Donald,

That's incredible!! You're looking great - amazing!! That deserves a cheer - :cheer:

Theresa :wave:

mselly572 Sun, May-12-02 22:01

WTG Donald

WOW, wow, wow....your look amazing!
Good for you!

Your an inspiration.

All the best
Elly

Cinderella Sun, May-12-02 22:16

YOU look Marvooooooolus!! :daze: :daze: :daze:

If you ever have a "low day"...log on here and look at THIS POST!!! :D

Proud Hugs....Cin :wave:

ldypgmr Mon, May-13-02 06:26

Wow....

Hi Donald,

Your pics look great...you are definately a "Hunk".

Keep up the great work.

Dee

:wave:

nsmith4366 Mon, May-13-02 06:40

You are beautiful...you must feel wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was a typical day of food for you BEFORE Atkins came along?

Nsmith

starchile Mon, May-13-02 09:40

COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!

You look absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!! You have done a FABULOUS job!!!

Congratulations on your loss so far and I wish you continued success!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Peace and Balance,
Star

starchile Mon, May-13-02 09:45

BTW...

Quote:
Can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to share the "Before" photo...it's painful for me to look at...

I know exactly what you mean, Donald! When I look at my before pic, I can't even BELIEVE that I was that big. How did I let myself get there without even realizing it??

I have a question for you...do you look the same to yourself when you look in the mirror or do you see the slimmer version?

Peace,
Star

DWRolfe Mon, May-13-02 10:36

What I see...

Hi Star! Thanks for your comments and question...

I'd have to say I see the newer, slimmer me. Inside, however, I still carry a lot of the "old me" baggage.

I'm working on it though!

As strange as it may sound, I think it's easier to see myself differently now that I can fit into seats again and because I don't feel so conspicuous in public. It feeds my confidence!

Thanks ;)

Baileymous Mon, May-13-02 10:46

Congratulations! You look fantastic!

It's great when you can see results, and in your case we can definitely see them!

Baileymous

odd sock Mon, May-13-02 15:11

Fantastic, Donald!!!

I'd post a huge WOLF whistle if I could!

Denaria Mon, May-13-02 15:45

Donald,

You are truely inspirational!! Congrats :thup:

D

kalondra Mon, May-13-02 18:11

Congratulations!

[SIZE=3]Congratulations Donald![/ SIZE]

Donald your success is wonderful and helps keep me going. Thank you for posting the pictures. You look great! I love the bald head :D :cheer:

kalondra

HelloKitty Mon, May-13-02 18:29

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Wonderful pictures, Donald!!!! Thank you so much for posting them! You should be so proud!!!

:thup:

Melissa

In_Control Mon, May-13-02 18:44

Undeniably AWESOME!

I am so inspired by your tremedous success and achievement. It's amazing! After losing 30 pounds, I really don't think people can see the difference yet, but 71 POUNDS! When I reach that ... I'll post my B & A as well. Gosh, ... I'm all excited now just seeing how that transformed you...I can't wait to see the new me.

Thanks for your courage to post the before. You look great!

:thup: Keep it up.

Lessara Mon, May-13-02 19:21

Wow

My My! Don't you look great!
Congrats on your loss!

kahuck Tue, May-14-02 16:49

Geat job man 8^) keep it up

darling44 Wed, May-15-02 07:51

hey, Donald

Wow, Donald can't believe your results. Thanks for the pics they really inspire me to go on. You look great!

Traveller Wed, May-15-02 12:46

WOW Great inspiration for all of us. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have lost just 32 lbs and am amazed when somebody tells me they see a difference. Can't wait to lose more.
This is the best Way of eating , Best way of life.
Looking forward to your next picture.

alto Wed, May-15-02 12:57

Hooray, Donald!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

71 of those little pompom girls might get a bit tedious, but you get the idea!

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the photos and your story -- definitely a Success Story :)

not2fat Wed, May-15-02 13:11

Great job!

You sure DO look great...I could swear you don't even look like 355 lbs. in the after shot (and that's with BAGGY clothes on!!)...must be alot of muscle...

fern2340 Wed, May-15-02 14:17

Donald-
What an impressive difference! You are looking so great! You should be so very proud!

Take care,
Linda

Crafty Wed, May-15-02 14:21

You look great. I agree that you look like you weigh less then what you posted. Have you been exercising from the start? I showed your pictures to my dh. He started working out about a month ago, and has changed his eating habits somewhat, but does not want to try low-carb. For some reason he is afraid that it wouldn't be healthy since he is lifting so much weight.

His start weight is probably comparable to yours (he doesn't know for sure). Hopefully if he sees some progress with me, he will get interested enough to read the book. I started less then a week ago, but so far, I'm doing good.

DWRolfe Wed, May-15-02 15:05

Heartfelt thanks to all...

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement from those who have posted here!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...THIS GROUP IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT IN MY ONGOING WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

To those who have written that I look smaller than 350lbs (bless you!) I assure you thatI have plenty more weight to lose! I think my weight is spread out evenly around my body rather than mostly in one spot (OK, my gut is big...but getting smaller). :p

Crafty: I probably shouldn't admit this here, but I haven't exercised at all yet. I want to, but I haven't made time for it. I know in the Atkins book it says that we're not doing the full program unless exercise is incorporated, but I haven't started yet. Unless chasing around my 3 month old puppy counts!

Continued success and healthy LCing to all...

agonycat Wed, May-15-02 15:52

Donald,

All I can say is WOW what a change! I am so happy for you to have shown such great change in such a short time. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. Just more proof that if you stick with it, it does work :)

nsmith4366 Wed, May-15-02 17:10

Again keep up the great work!
Nancy

imready Wed, May-15-02 17:51

You go, Donald!

I am so inspired! You look great! Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!

ptjody Thu, May-16-02 07:16

Splendid work, Donald. I am going to have to share these photos with my husband. He, our son and myself did before pics and I can't wait to compare them when we get down the line farther. Thanks for sharing your success.

Jody :thup: