Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   I lost 15lb but help there so much more! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138469)

nykkystv7 Sun, Sep-21-03 01:56

I lost 15lb but help there so much more!

Hello to all,

Well, Here goes, my name is Nykky, which is the same a Nikki. I am a single mother of two. They are 15 month and 5 months and due to the time that I gave between the two which was very little. I've taking my body on a ride that it could't deal withso to speak. I 've put on 150lb in the last three years and i'm trying so despirately to take it off. I lost to children before i had these to so you can just imagine what my body has been going through. I started the low carb Diet today about a month and a half ago, and it's Basically a no carb or no sugar diet High Protein and red meat only twice a week! I like the diet but i'm very tired all the time! Not to mention that i'm chasing a 15 month old around all day. I'm fighting to hold on and would love to have friends who i could turn to when i'm about to fall of the wagon like now lol!!!!

Sincerely needing support
Nykky
Start: 390lb
Current:375lb
Start date:8-8-03
Current date:9-15-03

If im doing this thing wrong please feel free to tell me! I'm new to the no carb/sugar and to this way of changing my life for ever and i know that it's a way of life that i have to follow forever!

Rosebud Sun, Sep-21-03 02:11

Hi Nykky,

I see your plan is the "Edward Clinic" plan. Unfortunately, we cannot help you while you are following that plan. Because if you have another look at Rule 2 of our forum rules (to which you clicked "I agree" when you joined) you'll see that we cannot support proprietary, clinic type plans. This is partly for legal reasons and partly because we don't have full information of your plan to offer satisfactory help.

The "no carbs" on your plan sound a bit scary to me. Even the Atkins plan allows 20g carbs, mostly as vegies, in the first two weeks.
My suggestion would be to switch plans. If you go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen you'll see summaries of some of the major plans. I would suggest you choose one that you think you'll be able to live with, then buy the appropriate book and read it well. All it will cost you is the price of the book. Then we'll be able to help you. :)

I wish you all the best.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

nykkystv7 Sun, Sep-21-03 08:21

Thank you for the reply so quick! I to was thinking that that was a little to realistic.So iwill go to day and invest in the low carb and give it a try.I really am looking forward in the day i can meet the goal and help someone along the way just as you guys have been so inspirational to me ! Thanks so much for my new start!

Nikki

potatofree Sun, Sep-21-03 10:31

It seems daunting at first, but my favorite illustration from the Dr Phil book is about point of view..regarding the story of David and Goliath...

When the soldiers saw Goliath their reaction was "He's so big that we can never slay him!"

When David saw Goliath, he said to himself "He's so big that I cannot MISS him"

No matter what plan you choose, you can do it! It's not easy (although, personally, Atkins is easier than any other plan I've tried..but nothing is "magic"..)
But if you keep going, determination can pay off! It's taken me about two years to get down 80 lbs, but I feel better, my health is improved, I was able to quit smoking without gaining all the weight back, and all in all I feel pretty proud of myself...

ANNE DALY Sun, Sep-21-03 12:51

Hi Nikkic:

I know exactly how you feel. I am the mother of five sons including twins.
I gained the majority of my weight when I quit smoking :Party:

I have gone from 309 down to 209 :dazzle: my goal weight is 160 so I am
in the last third of my three part journey. I am hoping to be below 200 pounds
in the near future :agree:

Believe you can do it and you will. :thup:
Anne.

nykkystv7 Sun, Sep-21-03 22:44

hi anne,

I'm very new to this and those word that you just given to me is like Gold to a brand new watch! It's really good to see some one who is doing what some told me couldn't be done! You have given me LIGHT to my darken cave! keep up the good work mean desire to walk threw but can't find the door!!!! Keep your light on i'm come out!!!

keep me in your prayers.

Nykky

hey_Neener Sun, Sep-21-03 23:44

For a quick start-head over to the Atkinscenter.com site and look up Induction. It can help jumpstart you while reading your book. The book is cheap at Walmart if you have one. Usually around five bucks in paperback.

nykkystv7 Tue, Sep-23-03 23:05

Thank so much i just got it tonight and i might be up all night readind! lol where did you tell me to go? I need to know what site you where speaking about. So i can research? Get back to me so i can learn more about the life change that i'm taking
"Please" Thanks again!!!!!

NYkky

Rosebud Tue, Sep-23-03 23:26

The site hey_Neener was referring to is www.atkins.com

Cheers,

nykkystv7 Wed, Sep-24-03 09:55

Thanks so much will chat later!!!!

becky160 Wed, Sep-24-03 10:12

Great Start Nykky!!! :wiggle:
Welcome to the forum!!!! :Party:

Today, is the first day of your life... :yay:

muweek Wed, Sep-24-03 10:24

Nykky, i have only joined this forum recently but it really helps answer alot of questions and gives you the much needed support from others going thru what your going thru. I personally am following the Carbohydrate Addicts Life program and am finding it really easy and rewarding. If you want to see how others are doing, go to their profile and read their journals. That is what I did and it lets you see how your choices compare to someone else. Puts things in perspective! Much luck to you in your new journey!

JOJORGEN Wed, Sep-24-03 10:26

Nykky

Congradulations for finding this forum. The people here are very encouraging, and friendly. Just think they were all where you are right now. Good luck with the new woe. Keep us updated.

nykkystv7 Wed, Sep-24-03 21:56

I just would like to thank everybody who has shown me love. It's hard when you feel like your fighting by yourself. I feel very tired now and don't have much if any energy. It's been a month and a half seen i've been trying to lose and I was thinking that it was suppose to get easier. Can some one tell me what going on? Is this feeling going to past?

Cappy Thu, Sep-25-03 04:55

Hi Nykky! I too would like to offer you some support, I'm glad to see you've found this site. This site and the people here have helped me sooo much to stay focused! I never would have stuck with this without the help of everyone here. The sick/weak feeling you are experiencing will most definitely pass....I still get that feeling from time to time and I've been doing Atkins for about 6 weeks now. I found that after a few weeks of low carbing I very rarely have cravings anymore and this is truly becoming a way of life for me. All the best to you and hang in there! It IS worth it!!!

nykkystv7 Thu, Sep-25-03 13:46

Hi Cappy,
Thank you so much because right now i need all the help i can get. I know that this is a life style but i get mad at myself b/c i let myself get so out of control. The hardest part is not eating RICE I US TO EAT RICE WITH EVERYTHING. lol I know this will pass i just can't wait until i can look into that bag of rice and say I'M THE WINNER,I'M THE CHAMP,I WON LOL!!!!!!! I'm really concerned about this lose skin it just hanging off my arm and i be trying to exercise it but it don't look as if it working.Do anyone know of anything that i could do or a exercise that will tighting it up? I might not be doing the right thing. Well thanks again talk with you later.

Nykky

TerryLynne Fri, Sep-26-03 09:09

This forum has a place for extra support for people with over a hundred pounds to lose... check out http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49
for extra inspiration...

nykkystv7 Sat, Sep-27-03 11:54

Hi Guys,

I;m feeling a lot better i was going threw my withdrawl syndrome and i was going crazy lol. I just wanted to tell ever on that im now down to 367lb and i'm happy as can be. When i went to the doctor tuesday he said that i had alot of fluid and gave me some water pills. So, im just waiting until i hit that 350lb . I haven't been cheating or anything!( Can't say i don't want to) lol ! Well i just wanted to up date everyone on me me and less of me! Do anyone know how much water you suppose to drink in a day please tell me? I 'll be waiting to hear from you guys!

Nykky

nykkystv7 Sat, Sep-27-03 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykkystv7
Hi Guys,

I;m feeling a lot better :angel: :dazzle: i was going threw my withdrawl syndrome and i was going crazy lol. I just wanted to tell ever on that im now down to 367lb and i'm happy as can be. :yay: When i went to the doctor tuesday he said that i had alot of fluid and gave me some water pills. So, im just waiting until i hit that 350lb :agree: :wiggle: . I haven't been cheating or anything!( Can't say i don't want to) lol ! Well i just wanted to up date everyone on me me and less of me! Do anyone know how much water you suppose to drink in a day please tell me? I 'll be waiting to hear from you guys!

:thup: :Party: Nykky
:angel:

FromVA Sat, Sep-27-03 18:11

nykkystv7: You are doing just great. Instead of looking at this as a diet, look at it as a Way of Eating or a Way of LIfe. It won't always be real easy...I have had some pretty frustrating days. Exercise is a must...it doesn't have to be done at a gym. Just move! And be sure to measure and keep track of those inches! Sometimes the scale can hurt more than help. You may not see lots of movement on the scale but I bet you see it on the tape! I have eating this way (Induction) for 10 weeks and the difference in my body shape is more important to me than the scale numbers. And the improvement in my BP is a huge plus. Some days you will be discouraged, some days on a high, some days really tired. But you experienced all that before you changed your WOE, right?!

Don't give up...come to this forum when you need encouragement. It is open 24/7!

potatofree Sat, Sep-27-03 21:54

8 to 10 glasses a day. I try for at least 80 oz, and when I feel like water-skiing, go for 100 oz.!!! :D

nykkystv7 Sun, Sep-28-03 15:12

Thank so much i want to know if there was a such thing as drinking to much water also? That why i asked someone told me you can't drink to much it will make you have alot of fluid.Is that so will someone tell me the truth????

Rosebud Sun, Sep-28-03 15:22

Hi Nykky,

The only way to drink too much is if you are exercising vigorously (such as running a marathon! ;) ) and only drinking water without extra electrolytes, or if you drank a huge amount of water very quickly. I'm talking about 7 or 8 litres in an hour. :daze:

But as a general rule, the more you drink the better. It is suggested you have 2 litres/64 oz PLUS 250 mL/8 oz for every 25 pounds you need to lose.

And did you know that if you are retaining water, the best way to lose it is to drink more water? I am living proof that that is true. :)
Hmm, I've just read back to where your doctor gave you fluid tablets. If that was for high blood pressure or some other medical condition, definitely continue to take them. But if he just thinks you are retaining water, I would try to do without them. If you are not sure exactly why he prescribed them, I would phone him to find out. Taking diuretics can slow weight loss in the long run.

All the best!

ImHere Sun, Sep-28-03 15:40

nykkystv7
I drink at least 150oz/day and on warm days or weight training days I drink over 200oz/day. It hasn't hurt me yet. On days when I have high sodium foods I have to drink extra water or I retain water and it shows on the scale as 3+ pounds of weight gain if I don't drink enough.

liz175 Sun, Oct-05-03 08:49

Hi Nykky,

I just noticed your thread. I don't know if you are still checking into the forum -- you haven't posted for a while - but if you are you might want to check out the Triple Digits Club which is listed under Lowcarb Support Focus Groups on the main page of the forum. It's for people with over 100 pounds to lose and a lot of us started out weighing in the 300s and 400s.