Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Yukon? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=83607)

YukonSun Thu, Jan-30-03 12:44

Yukon?

This is probably a hugeeee long shot, but what they hey...
Anyone from Whitehorse?
:roll:
Tammy
:daizy:

IslandGirl Thu, Jan-30-03 18:15

Well, if you don't mind oddities in time and space :D I used to be from Whitehorse. Lived there 4 years (or more accurately, 3.5 winters back before the White Pass & Yukon closed for the first time...or was it the second? Darn. :lol:

How goes it up there? :cool:

YukonSun Thu, Jan-30-03 22:19

Goes ok so far, only been here a couple weeks ;)
:roll:

IslandGirl Fri, Jan-31-03 02:16

Ah, a greenhorn, then! :devil:

Chelsey Sun, May-18-03 21:26

Hi

Just started today and I live in Whitehorse. :wave:

TamiOrr Sun, Jul-13-03 14:57

Hey Tammy..:)

I'm in Whitehorse too...need a workout partner? :yay::wiggle::yay:

2Airedales Mon, Jul-14-03 14:01

Well would you look at all these Yukoners!
Anyone found LC pasta yet?

Pascale

TamiOrr Mon, Jul-14-03 14:04

I guess we are coming out of the woodwork....lol

Did ya check 3 Beans?

I haven't looked cuz I am still in induction....4 pounds gone, 71 to go...lol

2Airedales Mon, Jul-14-03 14:07

3 beans doesn't have any. They have rice pasta & other stuff like that, very high carbs!
I asked them for Konyaku (veggie base noodles) but they don't have any either. (Sigh)

Pascale

TamiOrr Mon, Jul-14-03 14:32

Oh, the joy of living in the Yukon....lol

NOT_MINIME Mon, Sep-15-03 18:13

Hello fellow Yukoners! I also live in Whse, 27 years now. :thup:
I get some Atkin Bars (like you all do I'm sure) from Shoppers when they have a sale. I get the Carb Control drinks at WalMart--a bit pricey but I can't gag down an egg every morning. <<yuck>>

Lets see--and Riverside Grocery carries almost every Bob's Red Mill Flour produced.

You know what we need?? A retailer selling LC in Whse. I bet they would do a fantastic business! Almost everyone in my office is LC'ing and getting in shape. Its great to see.

We need to pressure Extra Foods, Food Fair and/or Super A to start bringing in some LC stuff. Anyone else willing to do this over the next couple of weeks??

ME

TamiOrr Mon, Sep-15-03 21:53

Hey, how about all us yukoners get together for a LC support group? What do y'all think? Email me if you are interested at Tami

Jennifer7 Tue, Sep-16-03 22:41

Low Carb Food Products

I have just started selling low carb products in Whitehorse. I got sick of finding the shelves at 3 Beans empty of them and reading posts on this forum about all the great products other people were finding.

If you want more info, please e-mail me at lowcarb~klondiker.com

NOT_MINIME Wed, Sep-17-03 01:00

Hi Jennifer-- Is your addy lowcarb~klondiker.com??
The one you posted isn't a valid addy??

ME

Jennifer7 Wed, Sep-17-03 07:31

Yes, it is lowcarb(at)klondiker.com

For some reason the 'at' sign doesn't show up properly on this site. If you e-mail me I will send you a product/price list.

Jennifer7 Wed, Sep-17-03 07:45

Try this: E-mail

Jennifer7 Wed, Sep-17-03 07:46

Sorry, that link doesn't work. There is something weird with the settings on this website that doesn't like e-mail addresses.

IslandGirl Thu, Sep-18-03 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer7
Sorry, that link doesn't work. There is something weird with the settings on this website that doesn't like e-mail addresses.

It's nothing weird at all. It's a safety measure automatically put in place by the website software that replaces the 'at' sign in email addresses with a tilde "~" ... instead of clicking on the email given (which shouldn't be given -- see the Forum rules y'all agreed to for why) just hover your mouse over the email link/address and see the lettering that shows up in the status bar across the bottom of your screen, then TYPE that into your own email program. It is MUCH preferred to use the PM facility -- and safer too.

2Airedales Fri, Sep-19-03 13:54

Hi guys.

I'm too busy to join a support group.
I heard that Riverside is carring Flax O Meal. I'm going to check if they have the Tortillas... I ordred those a while ago, they are pretty good.

FYI Three Beans has Atkins syrup $5.22 and their Atkins Bars are $2.45

Jennifer7 Fri, Sep-19-03 19:02

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules here (I can't actually find the forum rules, so Island Girl, be sure to tell me if I am) but I got my order in and if anyone is interested in some low carb food products, feel free to contact me.

I have bread mix, flaxomeal hot cereal (3 flavours), granola, pizza mix, hard candies, chocolate almonds, pancake/waffle mix (3 flavours) and muffin mixes (2 flavours).

It just arrived today so I am not sure how long it will last. I will be ordering more if people are interested in the products.

IslandGirl Sun, Sep-21-03 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer7
I hope I am not breaking any forum rules here (I can't actually find the forum rules, so Island Girl, be sure to tell me if I am) but I got my order in and if anyone is interested in some low carb food products, feel free to contact me.

...I will be ordering more if people are interested in the products.

I have no idea if you are breaking any forum rules, it rather depends on whether you are arranging group purchases (that's a pretty supportive thing) or whether you are opening up a retail low carb store and advertising here (that's got to be cleared with the webmaster).

Meanwhile, everybody sees and agrees to the Forum Rules when they sign on for their ID, and they are always posted on every screen, over to the right ---> under the Quick Links section.

Hope this is helpful?

YukonSun Sun, Sep-28-03 20:25

Holy! I have't checked this thread in a couple months, suprised there was some action!
Jennifer I doubt you are breaking any rules. Being that we are in the boonies and hardly a threat to anyone so I doubt anyone would get upset.
Tami where do you work out?

TamiOrr Sun, Sep-28-03 20:49

YukonSun, I work out at Curves but plan on adding some weight lifting at home starting tomorrow..:)

You?

2Airedales Mon, Sep-29-03 11:20

Jennifer is it your ad on the rolling ads?

Jennifer7 Mon, Sep-29-03 13:37

Yes, I had an ad in the paper as well on Friday. I am getting a great response.

2Airedales Mon, Sep-29-03 14:14

Someone told me about it. What's your website?

TamiOrr Mon, Sep-29-03 22:29

Are any of you interested in getting together sometime? I'd love to meet some other lc'ers up here.

ykmaggie Wed, Oct-01-03 11:46

Hi

I'm from Whitehorse. I've been on and off Atkins for 5 years, but smartening up so I can lose the other half of the 40 lbs I gained with a low thryoid. Lost 20 lbs last year but it look all year! We're renting sea kayaks and going on a 10 kayaking trip in the Baja this Christmas, and I WILL NOT BE FAT! Did you hear that??

I'm so happy to find the online low carb stores. Yesterday I placed an order with the low carb store in Vancover, and in Victoria. I found banana muffins at the local health food store and wow, they were pretty good...

Glad to see Yukoners here. Now wouldn't it be nice to have a LC restaurant here? There's no place to eat! I wish there was a LC food distributer here...

ykmaggie

TamiOrr Wed, Oct-01-03 12:02

There is a LC food distributer here....just read further down in this thread and you'll find the post about it..:)

ykmaggie Wed, Oct-01-03 12:12

Riverside Grocery

Hi

I found a fantastic online store in Vancouver. Here's the link:

www.lowcarbcentre.ca

I just bought Pastalia pasta, bread mix, pancake mix, and cereal.

I bought bread mix, syrop and low carb tortillas at the Victoria one below:

www.lowcarbcanada.ca

I'm going to call Riverside today and ask them to consider carrying LC pasta, breadmix, cereal, etc.

We're kayaking in the Baja at Christmas and there's no way I'm gaining everything back because I have to eat the food there. I'm going to bring bread and muffin mix, pancake mix, LC tortillas and cereal on our trip. At the Vancouver store I even found LC margareta mix!! Wowee....

I'll post back later to let everyone know what Riverside says.

Maggie