Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How many sizes of clothing do you have in your closet? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182651)

Pugzley Wed, May-05-04 16:37

How many sizes of clothing do you have in your closet?

When I started Atkins, I was looking through the closet. My first thoughts were something along the lines of, wow! If I can actually get the weight off, I'll need smaller clothing. Next thought, this equals spending a lot of money cause I have a lot of sizes to go through before I get to goal.

I started out in 20's, which are the bulk of my clothing. Thank goodness many of the sweaters and tops I own will be useable even when I'm thin. (I love big sweaters over jeans in the wintertime, whether I am thin or fat.

Anyway, I found a whole herd of 18's in there! Some still have tags on them. A tribute to how quickly I gained some of this weight! And now I can wear some of them. Yay!

I dug into the dark recesses. LO AND BEHOLD! I found a box with about 9 pairs of 16 jeans in there! Some look almost brand new! Those jeans hadn't seen daylight since 1996. I can't wait to wear them again!

All this reminded me of how quickly I put on 60 pounds when the weight came on. I didn't even have a chance to wear out any of my clothing. It came in big sheets, like in 16 pound increments, all at once over about a year period.

I don't have anymore 14's...that I've found yet, anyway.

So how many sizes of clothing do you have?

bigted Wed, May-05-04 17:10

My weight crept up on me so my clothes gradually got bigger and it was replaced as it got a little tighter so I have very little I'll fit back into. I too though have stuff I've never worn and will give it away to a women's shelter as they are already to big :D

luddybell Wed, May-05-04 17:18

lol funny thing you say this.. i just recently cleaned out my closet to make some dough on ebay and low and behold i found sizes ranging from 5-20!! geez... i figure.. sell it all ( b/c heck the smalelr sizes were "teenager/hoochie" clothes) and buy smaller stuff to reward myself when i get there so... im on my way and making money along they way :) which is always a plus YAY!!

Rune1990 Wed, May-05-04 17:30

Just one size in my closet pretty much and thats TOO BIG. Oh and the die hard size 7? jeans that I refused to throw out, lol.

I now have 1 pair of new jeans that fit, tho I do find myself hitching them up regularily. I had a casual pair but the puppy caught my sitting on the bed and ripped them, argh. And I have a last resort pair..I can take them on and off without having to undo button or zipper..they probably look terrible on me now, lol.

But summer is coming! So wont need pants till fall anyway..

Wonder how my shorts situation is doing?

MaryToU Wed, May-05-04 18:39

I have been getting rid of my clothes as they outgrow me. There use to be 16's, 18' and 20' in there. Now I pretty much have cleaned it out to 6's and 8's.

w0rd Wed, May-05-04 18:43

i went from a 14 to a 2 but i gave all of my big clothes away that way i can't gain weight becuase i wont have anything to wear and i dont have money for new clothes :D

BlitzedAng Wed, May-05-04 19:25

3 sizes. Normal day wear, PMS day wear and skin-tight leathers.Still an 80's child, what can I say, hehehe. Metalhead Momma on the loose.
Angel

Pugzley Wed, May-05-04 19:29

I've never owned a pair of leather pants! I'm getting some when I get to goal! You've inspired me...and a black leather jacket with a seethrough black camisole underneath and some skinny black leather boots! Yeah!

NOGAINHERE Wed, May-05-04 19:50

2 - size 4 and a couple size 6

blue4lemon Wed, May-05-04 19:57

M and L shirts, maybe one XL, a pair of 9 pants, a bunch of 10's or 32s, a few 11s, some 12s, possibly a 14. I got rid of my 14s.

bevbme Wed, May-05-04 20:01

I have 5 sizes 14 16 18 20 22 and some mystery clothes that are just toosmall.

Why did I not panic when I outgrew some very nice things into polyester hell? Where was I when all that was happening.

When I was 20 I weighted 125 and wore a 12-where are all these size 4 people coming from?

Kris2 Wed, May-05-04 21:05

I have 3 different sizes of clothes in my closet:

7/8's - my "skinny" pants
9/10's - my "average" pants
11/12's - my "heavier" pants (I wear these now)

addictmeHM Wed, May-05-04 21:18

I have medium men's to small men's tops and the jeans and pants are from 30" waist to 26" waist.

tcastro Wed, May-05-04 21:27

Shirts: 3X, 2XLT, 2X, 1XLT
Pants: 42/32, 40/32, 38/32 and now 36/32

NoLollipop Wed, May-05-04 22:04

LOL funny you mention all of this.. I have everything from a size 14 down to a size 0 (which is what i used to wear) however since having my son i dont think that i will ever be that small again (hips spread a little) But I would love to be a size 3/4 that is my goal!

146pounds Wed, May-05-04 22:54

Three sizes (11,9 and 7) Yuck!!!!

AFwife Thu, May-06-04 02:54

I have 1 size 20 jeans, 1 size 18 one size 16 and one size 26 that are huge on me but I leave in there as a reminder never to gain weight again.

Shirts are all Large or X-Large.

Oh and one pair of jeans size 8 that Dad gave me before he died. I never wore them cause I was preggo at the time and I aim on getting in them soon to make him proud. :)

crysania Thu, May-06-04 03:12

i just cleaned out my closet of all my 22 and 20's and most of the 18's
but right now I have a few 18's and 16's which are to big but I wear them anyways cause I am to cheap to buy more clothes in my current size,
14's which is what I am wearing..
12's I can fit into them but they are tighter then I care to wear
and a few juniors sized things and a pair of size 10 pants that I can't wear but I got a good price on them lol soon :)

Tracey71 Thu, May-06-04 07:41

The only size of clothes I have in my closet, is my current size. I don't want to slip back in to something bigger, ever!!! If my clothes get too tight I have no room, therefore I have to get back on track.

danakins Thu, May-06-04 07:43

I still have a few 14s hanging around but for the most part, I got rid of them all so that I could not slide back into that weight again. Most are 12s. :)

Dana

Itty Thu, May-06-04 07:52

Oh boy!

Women's 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, and 6 that don't really fit, but I bought anyway, just to say I have a pair!!

:)

mary

NYorker Thu, May-06-04 07:59

What's annoying is that I am fitting into mostly 12s, some 14s, and even - yikes - some 16s, depending on the brand. I have some L pants, some M. Tops, I have XLs, Ls and a couple of Ms. And these are the things I fit into currently!
I got rid of all the 1x and 2x stuff, the 18 jeans and most of the 16s. But I kept a few pairs of the biggest pants just to give me a lift on bad days. And I have a pair of size 10 jeans that I can zip (if I lie flat on the bed) but they are just a little too obscenely tight to wear.

Paris Thu, May-06-04 08:39

I am currently a 12-14. I still have my size 16 jeans, size 18 wool pants from Eddie Bauer, and several XXL tee-shirts that I sleep in. I have slim pickin's in the closet, but almost everything there fits. :D

lynneuk Thu, May-06-04 10:10

I finally got rid of all my size 2x and 3x clothes this past weekend. We had a huge neighborhood garage sale and I made almost $400!!
I would size people up as they walked up the driveway and I would say that 50% of the folks could wear those clothes!
My closet looks so clean. I hadn't seen the walls and most of the floor for 8 years!
It feels very liberating to be free of that part of my past. Quite emotional really.
I had been the same weight for at least 10 years so I didn't have any smaller clothes waiting for me, so it has been expensive. I look for sales and coupons and I'd hoped to be a size 14 by now so I bought a lot of stuff at the end of last summer when they were practically giving it away. Luckily I've managed to squeeze into most of it!
There's no going back now!!

KAREN X 2 Thu, May-06-04 11:34

I have everything from the size 26's I was wearing before I began this journey, to the size 7 & 8's I wore around 10 years ago.

Birddog Thu, May-06-04 11:44

At one point in my closet I had sizes 10 to 20. Now all I have is mostly 8's and a few 10's. Dr. A advised to get rid of them as you lose. There for a while my closet was almost empty. My DH said he has never seen the walls of our closet before now. :D

scoutstan Thu, May-06-04 15:17

Shirts 18 1/2 35 to 16 1/2 33

pants 44 -30 to 36 -30

Sporting 38/30's today!

Seto Kaiba Thu, May-06-04 15:30

Shirts - Ranging from XL to S (Depends on what I want to wear) Mostly mediums though
Jeans/shorts - 18W to 5 junior

Anything that is over a 7 junior is waiting in bags to be taken to the women's shelter.

tammay Thu, May-06-04 15:34

I was just looking at this too recently :D. I have 3 at the moment - size 14 which is what I was fitting into in December - a couple of size 12 - and two pants size 10. The reason why I was looking at it was because I was thinking only the size 10's fit me perfectly - the others are too baggy and the size 14s, I am thrilled to say, are rediculously baggy. So the upshot is - I need some new pants pronto! :D.

Tam

blatla Thu, May-06-04 17:49

I have mostly 10's and 8's. I'm sort of between those sizes right now. I've got a couple of Old Navy 6's that I can fit into because their sizes run so far off. I'd say they're really 8's. It's amazing to me the differences in people's weights and sizes. Some of you at my weight are wearing much smaller clothes and I just can't figure it out. I'm exercising and working on building muscle, too, but geez...I'm just amazed at the conflicting numbers!