Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   My Journey to FITness (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266611)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Sep-15-05 22:42

My Journey to FITness

Well, everyone else was doing it so I decided to make a gym log! HA HA!

Actually, I'm having some trouble getting my butt moving when it comes to exercise (of any form) so I am hoping that writing it down every day and holding myself accountable may help.

I have also joined the 50 miles before Christmas challenge, in the hopes that that too would push me in the right direction.

I keep saying to myself that today will be the day I go to the gym. I have the membership that is just wasting money every month while I sit on my butt. I don't want to waste that money anymore!

We'll see how this helps...

mlk18sHuny Sat, Sep-17-05 00:57

Alrighty, So today was no gym day, but I did walk around campus a lot (I work on a college campus - lots of walking opportunities!). Something is better than nothing and today was a start.

mlk18sHuny Mon, Sep-19-05 07:18

Not doing so hot in this area as of yet... I just can't seem to get it to work with my schedule. Or maybe I just won't. I'm sure if I set the time or even made an appointment for it, I would go. I'm just being pure LAZY. Maybe I need to search for motivational pictures???

mlk18sHuny Tue, Sep-20-05 06:39

So nothing yet on the gym front. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I am planning on heading to the gym after I am done with work. I want to get some miles in (for my Christmas challenge) and maybe lift a few light weights.

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-06-05 20:35

It took 20 days or so, but I finally got my butt to the gym!!! Yea!!! I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes (2miles) while listening to a new book on tape. Very enjoyable and relaxing!

I plan on going again tomorrow - sticking to the treadmill and stretching for now, just to get me back in the habit of going to the gym. I also would like to get to the point of looking forward to my gym time. It shouldn't take too long, I do still remember the positive effects of consistent workouts!

macc Thu, Oct-06-05 22:28

Hi! I was browsing through the journals, and wanted to congratulate you on joining---and actually going ;) ---to the gym! I also joined one back in June, and have truly gotten to where I look forward to going. I am NOT an exercise kind of person, but I really like this. It's low impact, but I can tell a difference. I hope you do well.

mlk18sHuny Fri, Oct-07-05 20:52

Went to the gym again today - go me!!! Time truly flies while listening to my book on tape! I spend about 40 minutes on the treadmill and feel as though it has only been 15 minutes. Makes working out easier! :)

I walked for two miles again today.

mlk18sHuny Sat, Oct-08-05 22:21

No gym workout today. Was pretty busy. Also a tad sore from the last two days. Maybe I'll go tomorrow, but if not, I will definatly be going on Monday!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Oct-11-05 16:58

Took a break from gym (from my 2 days of Hard Work! LOL) for the three day weekend. Went back today and did another 2 miles on the treadmill. I'm working on making the gym a habit first before I add in things like weights, different machines, etc.

mlk18sHuny Wed, Oct-12-05 21:16

Another gym day, another 2 miles added. I think this is starting to become a habit - I feel happy when on my way to the gym and get upset when something delays me! :) A week ago I didn't think that would happen so soon! I can't wait to add weights back in and start to get defined! Boy how I miss having a body like that...it will soon be mine again! :)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-13-05 17:55

Yet another gym day, yet another 2 miles. I also did 3 reps of 10 on the lat pull down and also on the rowing type machine. I wasn't going to add weights back in so soon, but after my visit with my chiropractor today decided it was time. I have weak back muscles and needed to start strengthening them, so today was the start. I'll go back to the chiropractor in 2 weeks and see how the muscles have changed.

mlk18sHuny Mon, Oct-17-05 22:48

Back in the gym today. Forgot to lift weights, but did 33 minutes on the eliptical. Much more of a workout than the treadmill!!!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Oct-18-05 16:40

Did another 35 minutes on the eliptical. What a workout! I'm a lot more sweaty than when I started too. Makes me feel like I'm working out!

I drink about 32 fl. oz. of water during every workout. Maybe that's why I'm sweating more?

I look forward to my workouts every day now! It's now a habit! :)

mlk18sHuny Wed, Oct-19-05 22:46

Did not make it to the gym tonight. :( I really miss it. I had to work late and I feel like I've been working ever since. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. I will be going to the gym tomorrow (and I'll probally go Friday and Saturday too!) Instead of Saturday and Sunday being my off days this week, I will have today and Sunday be my off days. That won't be so bad at all - I'll be in town so a Saturday workout might be a nice start to my day! :)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-20-05 21:14

Didn't make it to the gym today either. I think that Sunday is no longer a day off! :)

klc145 Mon, Oct-24-05 07:41

Hey there! Just checking in to see if you made it to the gym?! I am getting ready to go...talk to you later!

mlk18sHuny Mon, Oct-24-05 07:52

Haven't been to the gym in a while. I self sabatoged myself. :( :( :( I am going back this afternoon - I have to for my own sanity!!!

klc145 Tue, Oct-25-05 07:51

Checked in with your journal as well....I am feeling a lot of tension from not going to the gym...like in my shoulders. I swear it is a big stress reliever of mine going and running on the treadmill especially. I am pumped up for going.

I really want to do like tae-bo or kickboxing to burm mega cals. My gym doesn't offer anything like that so I would have to find another place to go (which means more money :( ). Bye for now!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Oct-25-05 18:54

Made it to the gym today!!! It felt sooo good to go back. Did 33 minutes on the eliptical, walked 2.46 miles. I was starting to feel lousy from not going to the gym - I don't want to go one whole week without a workout again!!!

I'll have to make sure and come visit my gym log often to remind myself that I stated the above... :)

klc145 Wed, Oct-26-05 12:54

Congrats on your gym progress yesterday. I am getting ready to head out for today's workout. I think I may do the elliptical today. That stairmaster killed me yesterday! I will update later on. Hope you are having a great day! :)

mlk18sHuny Wed, Oct-26-05 19:00

Didn't go today. Tis okay, I'm not loosing focus!

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-27-05 11:51

Will be going to the gym this evening. I am planning on adding in the weights today when I go. I would like to do lat pull downs, sitting rowing, and some bicep and tricep work. I'll keep my leg work to a minimum at this point, as they get worked pretty well by my cardio. I will try to fit in inner and outer thigh work (I would LOVE for my thighs to stop rubbing together at some point!) and some stomach crunches to start working on my abdominal wall and get that looking good!

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-27-05 18:58

Did everything I mentioned above with exception to sitting rowing and inner/outer thighs. Someone was using the thigh machine when I wanted to use it and I didn't want to just stand there and do nothing, so I started my cardio.

Did 2.53 miles today on the eliptical. It felt really good. It also felt really good to lift weights today. I think I'll be a touch sore tomorrow, but nothing I can't handle. I'll still go do cardio tomorrow and then weights and cardio again on Saturday.

mlk18sHuny Mon, Oct-31-05 08:18

Haven't posted in here lately... I did go to the gym on Friday, but not Sat. or Sun. I was really not motivated either on Friday so I did a very abbreviated version of a workout - just over one mile on the treadmill.

I am planning on going this evening after work - will be lifting weights as well as cardio. As they would say on The Biggest Loser, this is my last chance workout before weigh in tomorrow!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Feb-28-06 07:44

After a way too long stint of NOT going to the gym, I am going to take advantage of getting off work early and will be headed there this afternoon. I am so stressed out too, so I really need to just go and unwind.

I am hoping that this will remind me of why I like going to the gym and will make it easier to get up and go tomorrow morning.

I'll post my workout here this afternoon! :)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Mar-02-06 07:03

Okay, two days later I finally made it to the gym. Good news: I got up at 5:30am to go! :)

35 minutes total on Treadmill
2 2 min. running sprints at 5.0
walking at 3.5-3.7
cooldown at 2.6

1.99 total distance
300 total calories burned

mlk18sHuny Fri, Mar-03-06 08:21

Made it again this morning! :)

35 min. Treadmill
3 min. running at 5.0
walking at 3.5-3.7
cooldown 3.0-2.6

2.09 distance
283 calories burned

(figure that one out - went further, burned less calories)

mlk18sHuny Mon, Mar-06-06 07:52

Was having trouble getting up after the weekend away, but made it!

35 min. Treadmill
walking at 3.5-3.7
Cooldown 3.0-2.8

1.90 Distance
316.6 Calories burned

(did a gluteal workout this time - varied incline)

mlk18sHuny Mon, Apr-24-06 07:06

A month and a half later I return to the gym!!! :)

36 min. Treadmill
Walking at 3.6
Cooldown to 3.0

2.07 Distance
210 Calories Burned

(did the weight loss workout)

Also lifted free weights with arms only.

Tomorrow I plan to treadmill again, only set time for workout to fourty minutes.

mlk18sHuny Wed, Apr-26-06 12:02

Oh, I did go yesterday too!

Yesterday:
45 min. Treadmill
Walking at 3.6
Cooldown to 3.0

Today:
45 min. Treadmill
Walking at 3.4 (tired today!!!)
Cooldown to 2.8