Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   FitDay.com How To's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38343)

lasert Mon, Jan-26-04 09:17

FitDay question.......sugar?

when I am customizing a recipe and entering the ingredientrs which may include a prepared sauce.....sometimes after I enter all of the values the label has I get a message saying the computations are not correct for total calories...........
This is usually due to the fact that the prepared sauce has some sugars hidden someplace and just lists something liek 2 g per serving.
How do I adapt this so FitDay will accept my customized recipe? Do I have to try to list all of the ingredients in the prepared sauce? a near impossibility?
It is the one big frustration I continue to have with FitDay and I just purchased the new software and immediately hit the same wall.

gilibel Mon, Jan-26-04 10:03

I would use the Hidden Carbs Inspector to check the real figures and feed those into Fitday. You'll find it under "Low Carb Tools" in the orange bar on top of this page.

What I really would do though, is to stay the h**k away from any prepared sauces and make them myself. ;)

lasert Mon, Jan-26-04 17:07

make them myself????

How are you with Tandoori sauce?
Actually, the label only lists 2 g of sugar for 2 tablespoons and I am using 20 tablespoons to marinate 14 lbs. of chicken so the sugar level is not so very high.
I just cannot get FitDay software to do the calculations for me with sugars.........sooner or later I suppose I will figure it out but I'd prefer it be sooner.

gilibel Mon, Jan-26-04 17:58

Wow, that was a snappy answer. Sorry, only trying to help you out.

I really don't understand your question, BTW. If you have a product with hidden carbs, run it through the Hidden Carbs Inspector. And I don't understand what you mean with "calculations with sugars" as Fitday only counts carbs and doesn't specify which kind of carbs you feed into it. To Fitday a carb is a carb is a carb (except for the specification of fiber, of course.)

gilibel Mon, Jan-26-04 18:04

As for Tandoori sauce, when I make Tandoori chicken I use spices, lemon juice and yoghurt and no premade sauce. I don't know of any other use for Tandoori sauce, but then I don't cook Indian that often.

lasert Thu, Jan-29-04 13:48

Tandoori sauce

well, being a bachelor of many years.........I usually opt out for the easiest way to make something and Patak has a delicious Tandoori paste you simply mix with plain yogurt and marinade the chicken in.
I finally got the recipe customized on the new FitDay software and was pleasantly surprised to find an average chicken breast (assuming 14 to my 7 lbs. of boneless breasts) ends up with 279 calories, 4 grams of Fat, 5 grams of carbs, and 49 grams of Protein.......SO GUESS who's going to be eating a whole lot of Tandoori chicken from here on out?

gilibel Thu, Jan-29-04 17:25

Too late now, I suppose, but I found Patak's Tandoori Paste nutritional information per 100g here:
http://www.pataks.co.uk/products.php?productid=5

Patak's spice pastes are very nice. I used them quite a lot back in time.

lasert Thu, Jan-29-04 19:37

another FitDay question on the new

software.
Does anyone know how to rearrange the order of the customized recipes once they are saved?
Instead of automatically alphabetizing the list, the new FitDay just lists them as you create them unlike the free version.
And, I'm too computer illiterate to figure out how to rearrange them. I tried to drag them to no avail.

Lindym Tue, Feb-03-04 15:14

I'm new but the way I handled the problem with customizing on fitday was to go ahead and add the extra calories that it wanted as the calorie count isn't that criticial.

smoothblu Sun, Feb-08-04 22:15

I haven't been able to access www.fitday.com web site for days now, is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Rosebud Sun, Feb-08-04 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothblu
I haven't been able to access www.fitday.com web site for days now, is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

No problem here. :confused:

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

smoothblu Sun, Feb-08-04 22:38

Okay thanks. It's the only program on the internet I can not get into. <sigh> Guess I'll just have to wing it until I find another program or this one decides to let me in. It worked fine for breakfast four days ago and then nothing but "page can not be displayed" messages. I even tried to go through a google link to get to it.

Thanks once again.

Softy Thu, Feb-19-04 12:30

How do you do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhnz
Well duh!
I finally figured out how to make my daily food entries available to all you lovely helpers at this site!
Browse away and hit me with your comments! (all happily received!)
Toodles
Lynne
PS - Don't forget I'm an ileostomate, so less fibre shouldn't be such an issue with me (I guess - this I DO know: the bag behaves better without it!)

Link:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...tml?Owner=ljhnz

Would someone mind letting me know how this is done? I haven't posted enough yet to get messages so I guess you could post it to my journal if you are willing. THANKS!

gilibel Thu, Feb-19-04 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softy
Would someone mind letting me know how this is done? I haven't posted enough yet to get messages so I guess you could post it to my journal if you are willing. THANKS!

How WHAT is done, dear? Don't really understand the question. Please specify and I'm sure someone will get back to you in a flash with the "how to's". :)

Softy Fri, Feb-20-04 10:55

How can you make the daily food entries available from Fit Day for our friends to see here?

Thanks!

Kristine Fri, Feb-20-04 10:58

Hi,

If you go to the Comments Box and Technical Questions forum, you will find the answer to that and many other questions in the "check here first" sticky post at the top of the page. :thup:

dEMIGOD68 Tue, Feb-24-04 09:22

I am taking the plunge today. I went out yesterday, bought the Atkins book and stocked up on some LC foods. Set up a FitDay.com acct. I am curious as to whether you can add vitamin supps into the daily foods in order to adjust the "meeting daily nutrient requirements. Anyone?

gilibel Tue, Feb-24-04 09:34

Yes you can! :)
I've explained that part in detail earlier in this thread (sorry, can't remember where but in the latest 5 pages somewhere, I think...)

:)

[EDIT: YUP: here it is:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...&postcount=220]

dEMIGOD68 Tue, Feb-24-04 09:39

Thanks...I will look for it

gilibel Tue, Feb-24-04 09:46

Whoops... you must have read before I found it. ;)
Hope you see my edited post above.

:)

dEMIGOD68 Tue, Feb-24-04 10:07

All over it. Done. Thanks.

sugarpie Wed, Mar-17-04 11:04

question about fitday

I entered in my food for breakfast and the values fitday supplied were way off base according to the values listed on the package

Do I have to customize everything?

Sounds like a big pain

Any help would be greatly appreciated

notsosweet Mon, Mar-29-04 10:47

fitday?

Where is fitday. I know what it is, I've checked it out B4, but I don't know how I got there..I can't find it again, help, please?

Rosebud Mon, Mar-29-04 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpie
I entered in my food for breakfast and the values fitday supplied were way off base according to the values listed on the package

Do I have to customize everything?

There is a little dropdown menu at the side of most of the foods, where you can change the values. I agree some of their original values are strange - eg 1 cup of eggs...:rolleyes:

I generally only customize things like specific products that Fitday doesn't mention.

I remember finding Fitday to be very cumbersome at first, but after a while you get used to the way it works, and nowadays I find it to be very helpful. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosweet
Where is fitday. I know what it is, I've checked it out B4, but I don't know how I got there..I can't find it again, help, please?

www.fitday.com

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

bankbaybe Tue, Mar-30-04 22:51

Entering Cooking Fat On Fitday

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to enter the amount of oil you cook with on fitday. com. I don't eat the WHOLE cup of oil I cook with; so, how do I enter just the oil that I cook with?????/hmmmmmm

gilibel Wed, Mar-31-04 05:08

bankbaybe,
If you look closer, you'll find there is a clickable "drop-down-menue" to the right of the item, where you can chose different values (for olive oil f.ex. "cup" or "tbsp"). To the left of it you can also fill in how many tbsp:s (f.ex.) you're using. HTH.

/gil

DebRN Wed, Mar-31-04 10:18

Hello,
I have a question about the Nutrition Facts. When I'm figuring and it ask for alcohol...are they wanting the number of sugars in that food? Also, why is it sometimes when I have entered the total calorie count from a package, they tell me the number of calories in the food does not match with the amount of fat, carbs, and protein. Then, they give me a different number for calorie count. Am I suppose to take their calorie count for that food or just what do I do?

gilibel Wed, Mar-31-04 11:47

Debbie, if you by "alcohol" mean sugar alcohols, it's a totally different thing. There is a great article on sugar alcohols up in the orange bar, click "Low Carb Tips".

As for the other problem, it's common that manufacturers don't specify the carbs correctly. Great article on "hidden carbs" up in the same place - orange bar - "Low carb tips". There is also a "Hidden carbs Inspector" here on the board, to the right.

/gil

laxchica22 Fri, Apr-02-04 12:48

thanks

Thank you for the suggestion to use fitday. It seems like it will be helpful in keeping track of my carb intake.

xotcbabe Tue, Apr-06-04 12:45

hi all,
It's been so hard losing weight in my experience. I've been doing low carb/atkins for the past few months and i haven't lost weight yet.
Anyways, im assuming its becuz due to the fact that im eating a lot of calories and i get hungry at night.
I also have difficulty with fitday.. everytime i put the foods even though it has no carbs- it would say 50 or more.
If i eat the carls jr western bacon cheeseburger- lettuce wrap with only bacon, burger, cheese and a little mayo . where and how do i put that on fitday..
please reply.. i really need to lose weight