Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Carb Creep? How 'bout a Nice Hot Cup of Reality Check? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86501)

SummerYet Thu, Mar-13-03 04:46

Hi eveyone...

Thanks Kristine, since Teri's and your warning, I am trying to limit the bacon. Only a couple of slices when I have it, and don't have it every day. I know those "finger food" days, having them a lot lately since I still have NO energy! :rolleyes:

Donna...
I found this information on the Taco Bell site, hope it helps a little.

Taco Salad with Salsa without Shell
420 calories, 21g fat, 11g saturated fat, 65g cholesterol, 1400g sodium, 33g carbs (but you still have to subtract the beans and stuff there...), 11g fiber, 9g sugar, 24g protein

Hope karate went well...I am still not exercising :eek: no energy

Crockpots ARE great! I havent used mine in a while, but I boucht a corned beef tat is beggin to be cooked in it!! LOL

Have a great day all!

~Michelle

kimberlina Thu, Mar-13-03 06:06

Hey girls i am with ya here!

QUOTE from Donna---------

"The focus needs to be on something bigger...like health, hiking, walking, a project, a class, etc. So that after three hours of doing something, you look up and realize, "hey, I'm hungry!"....you get something to satisfy the hunger and get right back to being productive somewhere else..."

you guys are on to something here, and these are some of the same thots i have had posted in my journal.

my goals are eat when hungry.....anything i want in the LC world of foods.....drink TEN waters a day, and do at least 20 minutes of cardio/strength training 4-5 times a week. AND to weigh only on tues and fridays. i am a scale junkie.........this week twice a week instead of twice a DAY, and HOPEFULLY next week, i can just weigh ONCE a week......still convincining myself of that one! :)

later!

Skamito Thu, Mar-13-03 10:28

Hi Kimberlina... is that your real name? It's quite pretty and unique. Even if it's just a Kimberley nickname... very cute. :)

Good luck on your scale challenge. What's UP with those things? I'm drawn to them like a moth to an evil burning flame. I recently hid mine and swore not to step on it until April 1. I have been THINKing about it though. I just hope I'm not dissapointed if I lose 0 pounds this month! :)

My advice is to get it out of sight. I step on mine twice a day when it's in the bathroom, but it takes extra effort to pull it out of the back of the closet, so I have more will power to not weigh in. Measurements are better anyway, no? Especially if you're working out!

Thanks for joining us. We're creeps. :)

DDMariana Thu, Mar-13-03 10:35

Hi everone...

and thanks Kimberlina for reminding me of the bigger picture! Yes, it's still a goal of mine to be engrossed in something more productive than whether I've lost a pound today or not!!

Like a pound a day is the standard around here!! LOL... :rolleyes:

I am down to 168 but I don't think I've start to LOSE actually...I think I'm still rounding off to normal after being way out of control. And the thing is, I never even cheated on desserts or anything like that!

I'm just not moving enough, and eating too much through the day I guess.

So now I'm more aware of how many carbs... and my coffee in the morning is the biggest consumer of my daily allotment :mad: Ohhh... that makes me so mad!

But...it's yummy :p

I'm off to make some real breakfast...2 scrambled eggs with whatever leftovers look like they'd make a good omelet!

No carb creeping around here today. FOCUS!

:wave:

SummerYet Sat, Mar-15-03 18:03

Hi Everyone...

Hope everyone is doing well. Besides a little shot yesterday, and still having a bunch of water to drink tonight...I am still doing good on induction. I don't know when I will weigh again...see when I can get to the scale in the morning. Things havent been great but I am trying to hang in. I will hit my journa; ;ater with gory detail, but as far as the CC goes...I think I have been fighting it off pretty well.

~Michelle

DDMariana Sun, Mar-16-03 12:43

Just checkin' in myself... not all that great this week. A 3 lb. loss that I know is just teasing me!

It's more like the up and down it usually is. I'm looking at alternative drinks and considering joining my gym. These are the two missing elements...one because I resort to my cuppa coffee too often now, and the other because I'm not burning fat.

I'm just not gaining right now...but I DID gain from 165 to 170 easily enough. Look how FAST that happened...like in a week or two. And look how long it's taking to see 165 on the scale again??

That'll teach me. :mad:

Anyhow, Monday morning...got lunches ready, restocking the house today and getting back to karate M,W,F... hopefully with a new color belt... ;)

Michelle...one week down...we can always take out time on this...no worries! YOU are doing great...

Kristine Sun, Mar-16-03 20:45

Hi all. Guess I'll check myself in, too. I've been doing well on supplements and water, and pretty well on food. When I have been going over my 40-ish grams of carbs, it's been for relatively healthy stuff like the black beans I put in my chili today. :thup: We all know, of course, that there's a huge difference between carby junk food and legumes, berries, etc.

Speaking of carby junk food :rolleyes: I decided to make some LC truffles tonight. They're not half bad. Not half good, either :lol: ... but that's the idea. They're kinda bitter. Definitely not binge-able. I had one, plus I licked the bowl :p and that was plenty.

I really hope spring has finally sprung around here - more weather like this, and I can really get walking! :thup: No more winter blahs, finally!! :hyper:

Here's to a good week, everyone! *raising a glass of water* Cheers!

Skamito Sun, Mar-16-03 23:33

Yes, homemade chocolate treats with baker's chocolate aren't really bingeable... one of their high points. :) I think I'd have to add more cream and Splenda than I'm comfortable with to make some really tasty stuff. But... nah. :)

Going over your limit with black beans is VERY okay, Kristine. Definitely not an event to lose sleep over. You do have to live your life, right?

I have been soooo sore from my last couple workouts. Can't believe I'm going to the gym again tomorrow. Feel like a crazy person. But tomorrow's upper body which is the only part of me that doesn't hurt at all! :) It probably wants to join the fun.

Well, the creepiest thing I've done lately is just now when I made a shake with protein powder, water, cream, yogurt, and this slightly gross aspartame-laden low-fat sugar-free ice cream I had laying around. Should just throw it out. Didn't read the label too well when I bought it like four months ago. Had a half cup or so and haven't touched it since.

Anyway, I wish you all a good week. I prepared good meals for tomorrow despite my lack of grocery shopping today. Go me. :) Wish you all the best.

DDMariana Mon, Mar-17-03 21:13

I wanna join the gym :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

But I KNOW myself too well... $$$$$ :thdown: :thdown:

:rolleyes:

I'm leaving my check-in for Friday...

Michelle...how are you doing this week??? :wave:

Kristine Tue, Mar-18-03 08:32

Donna, I can top that: I live <b>directly across</b> from a gym! :lol: I walk through their parking lot to get to work! *rofl* AND... I have a bunch of buddies that work out there; they like it. <b>How lazy is that?!</b>

:lol: Off to work. Have a good day, all.

DDMariana Tue, Mar-18-03 10:14

Good morning all...

I'm going to have a CLEAN day!!! :wave:

And a good attitude about it too.... :thup:

SummerYet Thu, Mar-20-03 20:13

Hi All-

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days...sometimes life gts in the way of what you REALLY want to do :rolleyes:

I have been doing good on induction. Little bit of aspartame the past couple of days and a tiny bit of caffine today. Otherwise NO carbs...havent had time for fitday but I have been feeling full and havent had carbs. The only thing I was worried about was the sauce on my meatballs....

Keep up all the great work everyone...hopefully I will be back daily now!

OH...and Kristine...that IS bad!! LOL :nono:

~Michelle

DDMariana Fri, Mar-21-03 09:23

Well, I've decided that I'm not going to join the gym right now...too much of a commitment between school, work and karate...and another $150 to get started...

Still a starving student here...can't do it.

But the good news is that walking is free. :rolleyes:

And I do have a giant treadmill in my living room...although I can't think of a more boring thing to do with time...

Anyhow, my induction effort did not yield me any real loss...so I'm pouty today, but still determined that the calories are the problem...and the lack of exercise.

I'm thinking of doing a fat fast, but don't really know what this is...

Kristine Sat, Mar-22-03 14:41

Check this out: Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<b>I have ketosis breath!</b> :D :blush:

I've been noticing it off and on this week. I can taste this weird plasticky metallic kind of taste in my mouth. Even when I gargle, I can taste it through the Listerine, believe it or not. :confused: Wierd.

DDMariana Sat, Mar-22-03 16:25

Kristine... :Puke: yep...that's it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish I could say the same...but I had more than carp "creep" yesterday... I had an all out overdose...and I'm paying the price for it today.

Big time migraine, with all the trimmin's. I'm staying inside, mostly in bed, shades down, TV low... lovely, just freakin' lovely!

If that's not enough of a reminder... :nono: :nono: I don't know what is!

Taking it light today...scrambled eggs, salad, coffee (caffiene helps with migraines :( ...really... :) )

Will tell you about my pound loss in the morning. The binge is recorded in my journal :rolleyes: .