Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   petite ladies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29114)

disneybebe Sat, Feb-09-02 15:40

dear girls,
hello. I'm 5'2" & would love to get down to 110 lbs. see u girls
around, girlfriends!

ruby Sat, Feb-09-02 19:41

Hi Disneybebe,
I'm sure you can reach your goal. Welcome to petites!

Ruby :wave:

disneybebe Sat, Feb-09-02 21:20

Dear Ruby & girls,
Thank u, u guys are sweet.
It's chinese lunar new year on the 12th Feb, so "kung hei fat choi", that's happy new year in cantonese. I wish u all a hugely
successful LC year!
Disney Bebe

donnaj Sun, Feb-10-02 19:21

Welcome

Disney be be welcome to the forumn and to our thread and thank you for the new year greeting. We have some wondeful ladies on this forumn all welling to help you reach your goal.
Welcome again,Donna :wave:

Ranger Tue, Feb-12-02 07:54

Welcome Disney bebe

And hello to all you petites!

My best friend since high school called me last night. She was always tiny, about 5' 2", and thin....very thin.....well she has started the Zone diet, since she has gained about 10 lbs....I don't know much about that diet, but I think it might be harder for her to lose 10 lbs, than for me to lose a lot more.
I told her about this forum and urged her to join in, since you guys are all so helpful.

It is funny, I never thought I would be dieting with my best friend, and was always a little jealous that she would stay so slim, but now she needs my encouragement, so I am glad we can do this together!

Hope you are all doing well, haven't heard from anyone in a day or two.... Take care, Carol

PS: My nephew's birthday party was fine, I had steak and chicken and salad.....the funny thing was the birthday cake I made for him, got knocked off the counter and fell upside down on the ground!!! Oh well, it was only excessive carbohydrates anyway!!LOL. :wave:

donnaj Tue, Feb-12-02 11:34

Good afternoon

Ranger,
I am glad you told your friend about the forumn. I know it has helped me with encouragement and knowledge. I have read about Zone but I find that Atkins is better for me.
I have a girlfriend in Texas and she was skinny in our university day and now she is over 200 lbs and very depressed. So, she has got Dr. Atkins book and I send her a link to the forumn but so far I haven't seen her on here but we can only encourage them and give them our support.

I am glad that you had a good time your nephew birthday party and you did wonderful with your selection. But, I am sorry all your hard work on his cake was wasted. Well girlfriend, I have some work to do but I email this evening.

Donna :wave:

Ranger Tue, Feb-12-02 18:19

Hi Donnaj

Are you still working on your house? We are contemplating redoing our bathroom as a DIY project.....but we are a little nervous about trying it ourselves.....(Bob Villa we are not!!LOL) When we get our tax return back we will probably be more enthusiastic about putting up new shower walls, flooring and lighting.....well it is late and I have to run out to the barn and feed the horses and goats....brr it is really cold too.
Take care,

Carol :wave:

donnaj Tue, Feb-12-02 20:52

Good evening

Yes, we are still remodeling. Just waiting for the end of the month to get more materials. We have to put the ceiling tiles up and molding and put in the new fan. It is really surprise what you can do by yourself. Fixing a house never seems to get done.
Well have a good night and stay warm. It is getting colder here in West Virginia. Talk to you tomorrow.

disneybebe Tue, Feb-12-02 20:53

Dear girls,
Thank u all for your genuine sweetness, u girls are amazing!
I have not lost any weight or inches in a month & I'm starting to feel discouraged. I was on some powerful slimming drugs for years & it has screwed up my metabolic-system & health. I'm not sure if I can reach my goal or not. To make matters worse, my mum, who's 5'5" & weighs 180 lbs, called me a fat pig last week. She said that I should've been able to maintain my weight after I got off the slimming drugs, cos she did (she's always weighed about 180 lbs). I got so depressed that I ate & ate & ate (meat, cheese & nuts). I'm now 146 lbs. I feel like that I'm losing this battle.
Disney Bebe

ruby Wed, Feb-13-02 01:13

Hi Disneybebe

I'm not too impressed by your mom's words. Perhaps if you're patient your body will respond in it's own time. It just needs to heal. And sometimes, that takes time. I'm not familiar with diet drugs and their after effects. Perhaps you could visit Atkins website and ask them about this. Hope it all works out, don't give up.

Ruby :wave:

disneybebe Wed, Feb-13-02 03:16

Dear Ruby,
Thank u so much for your encouragement & support. I feel so much better after I read your post.
Disney Bebe

donnaj Wed, Feb-13-02 03:59

Disneybebe, I am like Ruby, I was impress with what your mother had to say. I was also on diet bills and suffered from anerixa when I was younger and it does miss your body chemistry up big time. It took awhile but I find that I lose weight slowly now. So be patient and you will start see a different. Why don't you send us what you are eating to what is stall you. I was like you stalled and then my doctor started me off for two day but nothing but protein and then start adding food every two day to see what food I can eat. Maybe this would help you.

donnaj Wed, Feb-13-02 04:01

correction

I am not impress with what your mother said to you.
Sorry about that.

Ranger Wed, Feb-13-02 06:45

Cruel Words

Hi Disney Bebe,

It is a shame that people use hurtful words...those are the ones that are remembered...my father used to say things like that to me all the while when I was growing up...and those words are the ones I will never forget. It was as if me being heavy was a disgrace to him, and that I made him look bad....pretty pathetic.
But I finally figured out that whatever I do for my body is for me...I am not losing weight to gain anyones approval, or to fit into the magazine's model of the ideal person....it is solely for me.
I am 40 years old and I have a 3 year old daughter, and I found I could not keep up with her! So I guess part of the weightloss is for her benefit too.

Think about why you want to lose weight...that is what I did. I thought perhaps my dad might be a little more supportive of me, but he keeps telling me I will never reach my goal....I have learned to ignore his negativity and realized that he will never change. The best thing I have found is when I see someone and they notice that I have lost some weight...that is the positive reinforcement that is really encouraging to me at this point.

Keep coming to this site, the people here are fabulous and so helpful and supportive. Luckily for me, I have had a steady loss, but some weeks I haven't lost anything.

I found it really helps to write everything I eat down on paper, and there is a section on this site where you can journal what you are eating. Somehow if it is written in black and white, it jumps out at you, where something might be hindering your weight loss.

I also only weigh myself on Mondays, early in the morning. Your weight will fluctuate from day to day, depending on lots of things, so you might get discouraged if you try to weigh in every day.

Stick with it! We are here for you!
PS: I love my dad, but I just have to accept him for the way he is...I wish he could do the same for me! :daze:
Carol

disneybebe Wed, Feb-13-02 20:10

Dear Donnaj & Ranger,
Thank u so much for your kind words & encouragement, u girls are truly special.
I'm keeping a journal & also using fitday to keep a record of what I eat everyday. I'm gonna start exercising, too, hehe.
Thank u, girlfriends!
Disney Bebe