Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Full speed ahead! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185731)

Titanic Fri, Jul-01-05 10:15

Had a very day off running yesterday - went swimming at the beach, well just a quick dip the water is barely 60F and had a picnic after that.

Ran a medium route today in whatever tempo I could managed - turns out I was a bit faster that earlier this week. Will take tomorrow off and then run a long one on Sunday I have my heart set on a new route with lot's of downhill running and running through the woods.

Polar says:
Total time: 29:11 Average HR: 146 In zone: 28:38 Kcal: 281

Titanic Sun, Jul-03-05 03:18

All week I've been planning my long run for today. Every day I drive to and from work along a very nice road through the royal deerpark. It has a lovely 3K long de- or incline depending on which way you drive.

I've had my heart set on running down that hill for the longest time, but being as lazy as I am - or maybe just realistic - I've been trying to come up with a way to get to the top without having to run UP the very same hill.

Yesterday I scouted out a very nice route - through the deer park, across a grassy field with horses on it, alongside some very nice little ponds.

So I set my alarm clock for 8 am, figuring I had better get my run done before the sun got too powerful and was out the door at 9.30 after a breakfast of a berry-protein shake, water and a good strong cup of coffee.

It was a lovely run though I did get lost and never saw the horses or the ponds but ran for at least 3K what was in effect cross country through the woods on a very uneven and loose surface before I was suddenly on the road leading to the top of my dream hill.

I think my smile was about a mile wide as I coasted down the hill. I was very tired at the end but finished just short of the 1 hour mark.

I suspect my legs will be really sore tomorrow from the changing surface and the hill work.

Polar says:
Total time: 58:28 Average HR: 150 In zone: 58:06 Kcal: 590

Titanic Tue, Jul-05-05 11:09

Really I've had surprisingly little discomfort from my long and cross country like run on Sunday - perhaps because I walked about 5K in the afternoon to and from the beach and had a good long swim in the ocean.

Rested yesterday and had lots of power today when I ran a medium long route in pouring rain - ran the fastest time ever even carrying wet and clunky clothes. (Note to self: Do not wear cotton t-shirt when rain is threatning :daze: )

Polar says:
Total time: 28:41 Average HR: 145 In zone: 28:17 Kcal: 274

Titanic Wed, Jul-06-05 11:20

Long busy day at work, George W. Bush visited Denmark today on his birthday. Felt like I was fighting the route instead of running it the whole way.

Polar says:
Total time: 24:18 Average HR: 151 In zone: 23:53 Kcal: 249

Titanic Thu, Jul-07-05 10:48

Thought I would get a nice quiet day after Bush's short visit, but the terrorbombs in London changed that.

Polar says:
Total time: 17:19 Average HR: 144 In zone: 16:41 Kcal: 163

Titanic Sat, Jul-09-05 02:51

At 10.20 it was already 75F, which means it was at least in the 80's in the sun - that's HOT for Denmark, means we might have tropical conditions when the temp does not get below 68 during the course of 24H.

After 20 minutes I started to feel dehydrations setting in - must find a water belt for my long run tomorrow - or I'll have to run after 8 pm and that's just too late.

Felt good otherwise and was respectable time, but hate the chills at the end when I'm getting dehydrated.

Passed the beach where we were just a tiny flock this morning at 8 am, now it was getting very crowded :lol:

Polar says:
Total time: 29:20 Average HR: 144 In zone: 28:56 Kcal: 277

Titanic Sun, Jul-10-05 03:11

Time for the weekly long run. Correctly estimated that I didn't have it in me for a full hour. Did my second longest which takes along a very nice surburbian neighboorhood with lots of roses hanging across the pavement. Then up a minor hill in a wooded area, back down the same little hill and out on the scenic costal highway and a short dash from the water to my little street.

For the first time I carried water. I've gotten a belt like this I only carried two of the little bottles and didn't even finish one.

It's a bit harder drinking on the the run that I thought. But it was nice to know I had the option.

The sun was fierce along the water and in my inner ear I kept hearing a line from Stings song Fields of Gold:

You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in the fields of gold

Polar says:
Total time: 43:14 Average HR: 146 In zone: 42:16 Kcal: 417

Titanic Tue, Jul-12-05 12:07

A heatwave is messing up my plans. I get off work this week at 3.30 pm. But even I am not foolish enough to run in the glaring sun at 4pm in 85F - trouble is even when I wait as late as 7.30 pm it's still in the upper 70's and lot's of sun.

If I run to late - I'll not get dinner - working out makes me loose my appetite and that can't be healthy either. So best solution: Heatwave be gone :D

Polar says:
Total time: 29:19 Average HR: 148 In zone: 28:34 Kcal: 290

Titanic Wed, Jul-13-05 12:08

Tonight it was a case of just loving my body for even being able to move. Thankfully it has cooled a bit and it was actually a pretty nice evening for running, but I felt uncoordinated and removed from my body.

Polar says:
Total time: 17:30 Average HR: 146 In zone: 17:05 Kcal: 167

Titanic Thu, Jul-14-05 10:29

I just looked at a graph of my last couple of weeks of running and very clearly saw why my knees are starting to complain: I've doubled the distances I run every week.

That's not very smart, the theory says only add distance in 10 percent allotments.

Fortunately I'm going to my brothers cabin tomorrow for a weekend of relaxation, so they should get some rest.

Polar says:
Total time: 29:01 Average HR: 146 In zone: 28:39 Kcal: 277

Titanic Wed, Jul-20-05 12:01

Have been very lazy lately - had to make a choice between a nap or a run - chose the workout and had a lovely run in perfect weather. It's been raining on and off all day and is very fresh and cool.

Polar says:
Total time: 42:49 Average HR: 143 In zone: 40:55 Kcal: 395

Titanic Thu, Jul-21-05 13:13

Ran late after a lovely long lunch with my bonusMom - I will say this for carbs - they do make running seem easier :)

Polar says:
Total time: 23:37 Average HR: 142 In zone: 23:07 Kcal: 216

Titanic Sat, Jul-23-05 12:32

Long stressfull day at work, wonderful to get out and clear the old head - perfect weather cool, a bit of wind and a bit of sun on the water.

Polar says:
Total time: 45:24 Average HR: 145 In zone: 44:35 Kcal: 433

Titanic Sun, Jul-24-05 12:16

A new twist on working out: Had a beer and a couple of franks, at work today and then I went for a run to get my weekly 20K in - ended up with an ok pace but it was not a great run rythm wise.

Polar says:
Total time: 24:15 Average HR: 145 In zone: 23:54 Kcal: 228

penelope Sun, Jul-24-05 14:00

...maybe the banana would have been better :)