Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Starting over Challenge! We can do it! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179455)

MsTwacky Sun, May-16-04 13:46

Hi Everyone!!

Weekends are my main times for cheats and failures....I snuck into work even though it's Sunday just to get a dose of the support from this forum. I have been craving sweeets a little this weekend.....but no cheats. I worked out at Curves Friday and really gave it my all. My weight last week before I started kept bouncing between 215 and 210. I am at a firm 210 and hopefully will move off of this weight soon. I've been here for about 5 months. But that was my own doing.....

Anyway so far so good and it's already Sunday afternoon. :D

fantabulus Sun, May-16-04 16:13

I am still the same ugh dang stall. I upped my carbs to 24 -25 over the weekend and am going back to strict induction today. I am thinking that might help a bit. No loss or gain so im good. Ohh great news though. I just put on a pair of jeans I have not worn in almost a year!!!!!!!!!! I think that whole inches thing maybe happening now!
YIPPIEEEEEEE!!!!!WOOSHHHH one size!

cklim Mon, May-17-04 00:40

Congratulation fatabulus!!! Isn't it great when you can fit into things you that you haven't been able to wear in a while.

MsTwacky ... great job with staying cheat free over the weekend. Keep up the good work and you'll see those pounds melt away.

Have a good trip Pet!!! Do your best to make good food choices, but if you can't then you can always restart induction when you get back.

Hope everyone has a good week!!!

GEMMA70 Tue, May-18-04 06:04

need a buddy

hi im back to do atkins and do it well.

ready for a challenge and some weight loss

gemma

cklim Fri, May-21-04 18:02

Welcome Gemma!

How is everybody doing???

fantabulus Fri, May-21-04 23:25

Welcome Gam!
Thanks CK, for the congrats!
I am doing well. I have for the last 4 days avoided frankenfoods. I know I am back in ketosis now and doing well. I have not had the scale move yet but I am not down about it. Not moving is better then moving up! and the pants size did move down. So I am ok. I fear that I will not reach my goal of 15lbs for the month. I think it may have been a wee bit lofty for so early. I was not aware of the imfamous week 3 stall at the time I made it. It is now 2 weeks in this stall ugh. I am tryin to stay strong. Ohh by the way. I am now med free and back to running a mile a day!!!!!! I have a doc apt to evaluate my ability to return to work!!!! So wish me luck!

fantabulus Sat, May-22-04 12:54

Well I did it, who'da thunk it would be so fast. I woke up with a whoosh of 3lbs! YIPPIEEEEEE I feel great! So happy I am now 250...50more to onederland!

petcrazed Sat, May-22-04 14:01

COngrats Fanta!!!! that is so great!!!!! I am proud of all of you for sticking to this for so long!!

well my buisness tripp is over and well i gained 4 pounds i am at 183 :( thats ok though i am starting over today and hope to lose thos and a few more to get back down to the 173 I was a month a go before this crazieness started. I am so happy i got a job but all this training and traveling has mess up my diet. Oh well i am ready to start over!
wish me luck!

fantabulus Sun, May-23-04 01:51

Welcome back Pet, and thanks. I hope that all cools down for ya and things get back to a smooth pace. I understand about having a crazy life and job.
I did good again today. I didnt eat as much as I think I should have. I just really was not hungry. Ohh well we shall see what the scale says in the am!

fantabulus Sun, May-23-04 19:58

I did great again today. I am keeping my cals about 1500-1700 and my fat is about 70% carbs at about 2-4% and protine at 30% So I am doing great. I woke to 2 more lbs gone! I may just make this mini goal.

cklim Mon, May-24-04 13:07

Welcome back Pet!!!

Congratulations Fatab ... it looks like you broke through your stall. What's your secret b/c I'm still stuck?

petcrazed Mon, May-24-04 23:11

well today i had atkins shake and cheese and brats and salad so i did pretty good.
and i even worked OUT!!!!
the next few weeks will be hard i have to go on 4 more buissness trips but this time i will be by my self so i will not have to go with the crowd. i can got subway or get a steak if i want. i gained 5 pounds on my 2 week bindge so hoefull i will get back down to the 175 i was when i started it and maybe even see the 173 i flirted with for a few weeks.

Any way good luck to all of you and fanta keep it up!

MsTwacky Tue, May-25-04 12:38

Hi Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question!! Since all of us are starting over!!!! :)

Do any of you notice that the weight is harder to take off? I really think that my body thinks I starving it and is so use to me LC on and off that it has built up a heck of a resistance.

Anyone else?

MsTwacky Tue, May-25-04 12:48

Fantabulous!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Cklim for the encouragement!!

I was told to up my calories and eat 5-6 meals a day, because I wasn't losing any weight . So I did that starting last Thursday!!
I got on the scale today and it looked like I was down 2 lbs!! Now I don't want to jump the gun on this because I know that weight can fluctuate-but I haven't seen the numbers move anywhere in that direction for awhile. :0

petcrazed Tue, Jun-01-04 00:19

well how did we all do this holiday weekend?
i did not do bad but i was not good either.
ug where has all my will power gone? when i started this in october i had amazing will power but now i am a powerless blob. i still hope to be at goal by my birthday.

how are all you guys doing?