Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Like a Dream.....150 Pounds gone forever. *Pics at end of story (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266623)

Drake Sat, Apr-15-06 14:16

Great motivating tool you have written for all. Nice job!!

Drake Sat, Apr-15-06 14:17

Posted twice by slow server, but can always say, "congrats" once again!!

Antigone Sat, Apr-15-06 18:05

hi,

what exercises did you do and still doing? do you go to a gym?

rodeo417 Tue, Apr-18-06 15:51

holy sh1t honey!!!! you are now my inspiration. i have also been a little bit on the heavier side but know i'm determined to lose it. with a 5'6" frame, its hard to carry 190 pounds. but at least its all legs and a little belly. i hope to dropto 155 or lower. now i'm trying harder to stay in induction and not cheat. :wave:

gogirlinc Tue, Apr-25-06 11:13

That is such a dramatic change. I am at a loss for words. You have encouraged me tremendously today. Thank you!

Marvin Tue, Apr-25-06 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
hi,

what exercises did you do and still doing? do you go to a gym?

actually right now I am working out with free weights and also doing lots of pushups, situps, and dips, and other body weight excercises as well. I also love to jog outside or on the treadmill. who would of thought.. me likeing to jog. :p

thanks for all the comments!

gogirlinc Wed, Apr-26-06 07:30

Hey

I am so, so impressed with what you have done for yourself. Its unbelievable. I bet you have heard that several times before. My family and my husbands family must think im being extremely rude because I have passed on about 10 baby showers, dinners confirmations, christening etc. I cant keep making myself feel bad. Im not going to anything until I lose at least 20 pounds. People say I cant stop living, but the feelings I get when Im in the company of many beautiful people is sickening, because, I know that I was one of them, 6 years ago, having so much confidence. I know that what is most important is what is inside, but people dont seem to recognize this! It seems that people treat you the way you look.
THe pictures were inspiring, as well as your words of wisdom. I will look at your before and after pics every morning. I cant believe how much better you look. Youj must be very proud of yourself.
God bless you.
Shannon

godsbelove Wed, Apr-26-06 14:10

Great Job!

AusDottie Sun, May-14-06 15:35

Jessie, congrats on the lifestyle change! Now you are as beautifull on the outside as you already were on the inside!

nocarb Sun, May-14-06 17:51

You are an inspiration! WTG on an amazing job!

BBDoll Thu, May-18-06 13:59

Jesse, I stumbled across your story and just wanted to say that I found it very inspirational. I'm tearing up reading it.

"The Struggle Continues"...yes, and it probably always will. If not with your body, the struggle within your head. It's encouraging that at a still-young age you have gained a good amount of wisdom about seeing people for who they are and not just their outward appearances. I hope your weight loss has let you open yourself up and let other people see you, even though you may still not feel like the most confident guy, or the life of the party.

Stay Strong,
BB

2cHerGro Sat, May-20-06 22:38

Congrats! You Look Fabulous.

mzark Tue, May-23-06 07:37

Amazing... Congrats!!! you truly have inspired me. SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!!

ChikaBsAs Tue, May-23-06 16:53

You look like a totally different person! I can see the confidence in your eyes in your current pictures!
It is amazing and u r truly an inspiration, and i bet it took you a time to get used to people telling you that u r SKINNY!!!!!" lol and i bet it feels great!!
U've come a long way!

I have been through a similar thing, i lost about 60lbs when i was 18, so my advice would be "dont get obsessed with dieting", just try to have it under control! I can tell u r doing great, but just in case! ;)

Congrats!!!

Dee

anniej Wed, May-24-06 07:04

all i can say is WOW.....