Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Christmas Challenge 2005 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=254109)

Yaberhoo Wed, Jul-20-05 21:49

Yeah I agree. Be really careful with the fruit. Oranges have a very high GI level and it could very well trigger a binge. How about an avacado? Lots of good stuff in the avacado and I find it to be filling. Or one of my favs celery and salsa. I use celery sticks and dip it like I would a tortilla chip. The celery is mild enough that you really don't notice it and you are getting a nice crunch.

Congrats on the loss Goldfish!

Ruby180 Thu, Jul-21-05 01:09

Thanks for the advice, and I like the sweet idea, Goldfish -- I feel pretty ready to have only one bar a day at Breakfast, and try some evening substitute. I think I will try blueberries (low g.i.) for my late night snack -- this weel and see how it goes. They seem less binge inducing than the l-c bars. Do any of you eat lc bars? Love from Ruby

Yaberhoo Thu, Jul-21-05 11:18

I very rarely eat lc bars. I used to have one for breakfast with my coffee in the morning. I think they slowed my weightloss. So now, I carry one around with me in case I get hungry when I am out and about.

Yaberhoo Thu, Jul-21-05 11:19

My favorite evening snack is a bowl of about 4 or 5 nice sized strawberries topped with whipped cream. YUM!!!

skylee Sun, Jul-24-05 13:59

Yaberhoo, do you know roughly how many carbs are in strawberries?

Yaberhoo Sun, Jul-24-05 15:30

A medium strawberry has just under a carb a berry. The carb counter above states it is .72 carbs per medium sized berry.

Yaberhoo Wed, Jul-27-05 16:01

Roll call. How are we all doing? I am down another pound and a half.

skylee Wed, Jul-27-05 16:42

Nice job Yaberhoo.

I am down 7lbs. since starting this challenge, will weigh-in again on Friday to see where I'm at.

Jenny

Yaberhoo Wed, Jul-27-05 17:27

Most excellent skylee! Congrats in getting to onederland!

skylee Thu, Jul-28-05 00:19

Thanks Yaberhoo, when I started this journey I didn't realize how wonderful I would feel just making it below 200. It has been a great time.

Finding this forum was the greatest part of it all. Although I run short of time a lot of days and somedays I do not post. I am constantly looking around and continually amazed and inspired by others.

Jenny

goldfish Mon, Aug-08-05 01:15

Hi everyone,

I guess everyone else must be on vacation now!! I just got back.

Skylee congratulations to you!! You are doing great!!

I fell off the wagon for a bit and am paying for it, details are in my gym log. Back on track now that I'm home though!!!

Brennabug Mon, Aug-08-05 01:51

Count me in too........ i am looking for 199 by x-mas! onederland will be MY GIFT TO MYSELF!

Brenna

petersn78 Tue, Aug-09-05 17:58

Well, my weight as of today is 220. I am done with the yo yo effect that i had been having and am ready to get this weight off! I have decided to have one cheat meal though once a week, not cheat day, week or year :lol: 20 lbs to onderland. I can do this!!

Akasha Tue, Aug-09-05 22:20

Just checkin' in. I am 138 as of this afternoon!

jenic5476 Wed, Aug-10-05 07:51

I just weighed myself and after a 12 day road extravaganza I am 4 more lbs down. That makes 35lbs now!!!! I am the lowest I have been since 1996!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! Good Luck to all!!! Only 8 more lbs and I am at 199! Here I come Baby!!!