Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Liquid Splenda (absolutely no carbs) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=22256)

Bonnie Tue, May-14-02 16:21

Re: Great Splenda

Hi Sandy,

I personally am pleased that you have found your niche in this multifacteted LC WOL and most importantly WOE and for that I will attach a Hip Hip Horrah gal for ya... :cheer: ... I guess the part of your post that I question is when you state " I see the results of my hard work and that is why my willpower is at an all time high. You will all get to this point." :q: I may be interpeting your statement incorrectly and I certainly hope I am but it appears as if you are stating that only when Splenda is eliminated from the diet will we have results and willpower comparable to yours...as I stated in a previous post, there are many folks following this WOE who could not get through this WOL successfully without the use of some products... one example that comes to mind; "How could we possibly make all those wonderful desserts that Karen has taken the time to post without the use of Splenda, Sugar Twin etc... are you suggesting we ignore those few small pleasures in life that we indulge in on occasion?...if I may inject a little levity here... I on ocassion like to have a little indulgence with the Captain' s... a little Captain Morgan's Spiced rum and the occasionally Captain Black Cigar... does this mean that I have reason to feel guilty in indulging in life little pleasures.... is my willpower any less than yours in my mind's view and following LC...I think not....the same goes for Splenda....Bonnie

IslandGirl Tue, May-14-02 16:34

Lolabug, if you read through this whole thread, you will get a lot of information about the Splenda product.

Just to reiterate and clarify:
- sucralose is the patented sweetener which will be on the Ingredient List.
- Splenda is the trademarked retail brand name.

I believe that ONLY the Splenda brand name (Johnson & Johnson, McNeil) has rights, at this point, to be making and selling tabletop sweetener, liquid or packet or granular, anywhere in the world. They will have trademarked or patented this right in each country. It is this right the company enforces when they lean on other retailers that want to sell the sweetener as a 'tabletop sweetener', filler or no filler.

They also have the license/rights to selling the ingredient to food product manufacturers, as an ingredient only, not as a 'tabletop sweetener'.

There ya go.

IslandGirl Tue, May-14-02 16:39

Sandy and Bonnie, this thread is about Splenda/sucralose the product, and about efforts and ideas to obtain it without fillers.

Please take any discussion of the alleged health effects of Splenda, personally or otherwise, to the Health and/or Technical forums... and posts about caramels and Captain Morgan should probably go to the Confession Booth :D forum!

If you prefer, I will gladly set you up a separate thread around this discussion, and then move it for you...

Thank you both.

Voyajer Tue, May-14-02 16:51

Free samples of pure Splenda

I have first hand evidence of a girlfriend of mine in Massachusetts that anyone working for any hospital laboratory, medical laboratory, research project, etc can get free samples of Splenda in its pure form.

In order to purchase it in the larger quantities, I am told by her that one must sign a legal and binding contract to use Splenda for only the specified research purpose and not to use it for resale in its pure form.

Perhaps those in the medical or research fields might benefit from this post.

Bonnie Tue, May-14-02 17:10

Confession Booth :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bless me father for I have sinned! ;)

Seriously Judi... I was just rebutting to a post made re: supposed hazards of Splenda...my apologies for any disruption... :( I think you know that I am as committed as you are to seeing Liquid Splenda become a reality here in Canada :agree:

Bonnie

Sandy34683 Tue, May-14-02 21:00

Hi Voyajer:

Glad to see your close to your goal.

As for splenda. Go for it. :D

:wave:

Lisa in MD Tue, May-28-02 10:05

Splenda Tablets

I'm having a lady in Australia send me some Splenda tablets, does anyone know if the carb count on them is the same as the packets? I prefer hauling around tablets rather than packets. :p

Bonnie Tue, May-28-02 10:46

RE: Splenda Tablets

According to the LC Nexus Site the following info was provided:

Splenda® Tablets
Splenda® tastes like sugar, because it is made from real sugar! Try the new tablet form in the pocket-sized dispenser - convenient when traveling, or at a restaurant! This form of Splenda® contains no maltodextrin, so it adds NO carbohydrates! The powdered form of Splenda® contains maltodextrin, as does the small packets. Maltodextrin is used as a bulking agent in the powdered varieties of Splenda®. However, with no maltodextrin in the tablets... the tablet form is carb free! Enjoy your beverage when you are out on the town... carb free, and calorie free!

One tablet is equal to one level teaspoon of sugar.

Bonnie

Bonnie Tue, May-28-02 11:16

RE: Additional Info - Splenda Tablets

Serving Size: 1 tablet
Servings: 200
Calories per serving: 0.3

Ingredients: Lactose, Sucralose, Croscarmellose sodium, L-leucine

Karla Thu, Jun-13-02 13:16

Bonnie,

What and where is the LC Nexus site?

And why is it that they seem to sell the liquid and tablet forms of Splenda in Australia and New Zealand and not here? That just makes me cranky!

Karla

Bonnie Thu, Jun-13-02 13:28

Re: LC Nexus

Here is the site Karla:
http://www.lowcarbnexus.com/Item_STC1.htm

You may contact us at:
Low Carb Nexus™
2209 N. Centennial Street
High Point, NC 27265

(336) 812-8845

Toll Free 1 (866) LCNEXUS (526-3987)

and as far as the other questions posed:

Take the floor Miss Judi on this one..... ;)

Bonnie

IslandGirl Thu, Jun-13-02 18:10

Karla, dearest, the reasons the Splenda corporation uses to decide which country they'll sell what form of the Splenda ... well, they've been questioned in this very thread many many times, and the bottom line is only they know for sure... but they keep saying there isn't a demand, in North America.

Bull-cookies.

Please do join the queue, and call either the 800 number or go to the appropriate webpage (both listed here in this thread in many places) for either Splenda USA or Splenda Canada and tell them JUST how cranky you are about all this!

Thanks!

Karla Mon, Jun-17-02 08:40

IslandGirl,

You're right, and I have called them a couple of times to ask about liquid Splenda and got the same story. But I'll never believe that there is a big enough market for the liquid and the tablets in New Zealand, but not in the U.S. and Canada. Sheesh!

I will confess that I bought sucralose from another source before they had to stop selling it, so I am just going to use that and not buy Splenda until that runs out or they relent and sell the liquid and tablets here. (Somehow shen I bouhgt it, it didn't dawn on me that these other people weren't supposed to sell it, but I have it and I'm going to use it!)

Karla

IslandGirl Mon, Jun-17-02 20:57

Indeed, Karla, there's quite a few of us :devil: who nabbed quickly onto a source of un-fillered pure sucralose while we had the chance... we knew what would happen, having seen it with a few vendors over the last year or more... :tears:

However, if we let those Splenda people know, without fail, that not only would we like to see unfillered sucralose on the market everywhere as a consumer CHOICE, we WON'T :nono: be buying the fillered kind until we do... it's only a LITTLE fib ! :blush:

Lisa in MD Wed, Jun-19-02 06:37

LCNexus Reply

I sent a general whine email to the LCNexus people, and here's the response I got: (I asked about tablets)

"I wish we could get them! The FDA has stopped their import into the country. I tend to think it is our (U.S.) lobbyists that are preventing its importation into our country. All our sources have dried up!"

Now if that doesn't tick you off... :thdown: