Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   THANKSGIVING NO CHEAT Baggy Jeans Challenge #3 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141221)

J.J. Sat, Oct-18-03 08:05

GREAT NEWS 2B! Waaaaaaaaaaaay to go!

These challenges really light a fire under our butts, don't they????

youbet Sat, Oct-18-03 08:32

YouBet checking in here. Been soo busy, work, family, etc. Been very good as well and I am happy to report that the goodness has paid off. Down to 178 (woo hoo). Trying not to eat at all after 7:30 pm. Seems to be pretty good and of course had to give up my Healthy Choice fudge bars. But I don't miss them that bad. Going hiking this coming week so I am really ready.

I have been following the strings and you guys are doing GREAT!! Keep up that good work.
2B Able - we sound like we have some similiar experiences, it is all about diligence and staying with it. Good Job!

Here's my update: - 5 lbs since the challenge start. Wow!

Leenie - 227
Acqua - 206
Korry1977 - 200
2B-ABLE - 180
rholt95689 - 353
IAMALOSER - 213
CindyLynn - 144
Youbet - 178
KMcCabe-177.5
DrumCorpMom-181
rosemam - 150
supbughan-249
nawchem-154.5
Kellyp-303-298
raredaisy - 178
Champion67 -199
Terry - 262-260
Nancy - 216
r0wan - 182
JJ - 143.8
Usuncion7 - 186

Chloesue Sat, Oct-18-03 11:47

I am down 1 pound this week.I was down 4 pounds the week before.That was before I joined the challenge so I am well pleased with my 1 pound loss this week.I am now 1/3 of the way to my goal!!
Nancy

Leenie - 227
Acqua - 206
Korry1977 - 200
2B-ABLE - 180
rholt95689 - 353
IAMALOSER - 213
CindyLynn - 144
Youbet - 178
KMcCabe-177.5
DrumCorpMom-181
rosemam - 150
supbughan-249
nawchem-154.5
Kellyp-303-298
raredaisy - 178
Champion67 -199
Terry - 262-260
Nancy - 215
r0wan - 182
JJ - 143.8
Usuncion7 - 186

2B-ABLE Sat, Oct-18-03 13:07

Yeah they do

Thanks J.J!

And yes they do light a fire under our butts. I stay motivated and on
track a great deal because I dont want to post here with a terrible report.

Im just happy that I've FINALLY lost and caught up. I was starting to get really jealous as everyone posted losses (still happy for them!!!) but jealously was starting to creep in. I had thought I might need to send the woosh fairy clearer directions(lol!)

Asuncion7 Sat, Oct-18-03 13:18

Weighed in today, lost 1 1/2 lbs!! Also, it's Asuncion,not Usuncion, just in case ya'll were wondering...

WLeenie - 227
Acqua - 206
Korry1977 - 200
2B-ABLE - 180
rholt95689 - 353
IAMALOSER - 213
CindyLynn - 144
Youbet - 178
KMcCabe-177.5
DrumCorpMom-181
rosemam - 150
supbughan-249
nawchem-154.5
Kellyp-303-298
raredaisy - 178
Champion67 -199
Terry - 262-260
Nancy - 215
r0wan - 182
JJ - 143.8
Asuncion7 - 184.5

J.J. Sun, Oct-19-03 09:02

Woohooooo! Weighed in this morning at 142.4!!! Big accomplishment getting past 143! I've been bouncing at 143-147 for months now! The funny thing is that I added more carbs into my diet. DH and I decided we definitely were getting too few! I thought it would make my weight go up, but it has done just the opposite.

Our bodies are strange! What works for one person won't always work for the next, so you really have to listen to your gut and what your body is telling you it needs.

Good luck everyone! I hope everyone is having lots of success! :yay:

nawchem Sun, Oct-19-03 10:53

WOW! Sucess stories everywhere on this thread.

Well, I caved in and had tortilla chips on friday :( luckily there was divine intervention, the power went down just when I was thinking I needed some chocolate to go with the chips! Got out of work early and went for a long walk.

I decided to weigh and measure on saturday and just keep going. I was down a pound.

I've been cutting out artificial sweetners and I think that is helping. I had some diet 7up in the fridge, I drank it after several weeks without aspartame and it tasted like I was drinking straight sugar, it was so sweet I couldn't believe I didn't taste it before.

CindyLynn Sun, Oct-19-03 11:49

I weighed in this morning. The scale hasn't moved from two weeks ago, but I'm think I am retaining water because of TOM. That's never been the best time to weigh. So I'll have to wait til it's gone to weigh in. I'm still going to measure later this afternoon. So I'll up date ya'll on those later. I've got my fingers crossed that I've lost some inches. (which I think I have)

Congrats on Everyone's losses! Keep up the great work.
~CindyLynn~

nattymshe Sun, Oct-19-03 20:52

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]
Hi everyone count me in too. This is my first challange and I'm starting LCing tomarrow, I was trying to eat all the carbs in my house for a make me sick/good bye carb farewell, but really is making me sick :cry: yuck, so anyway I am starting tomarrow.
My mini goal for Thanksgiving is to lose 15lbs and to excersise at least 3 times a week. The holidays is going to be a big challange for me, but I'm up for it, I really don't have a choice.
Do any of you take the Atkins supplements and vitamins. If so how are they, they seem expensive. Are they working for you?
Well I look forward to getting to know you all, how often do you all post, should we maybe make a minimum post of once a week to check in with each other.
Bye for now,
Sarah :)

nawchem Sun, Oct-19-03 22:46

Hi Sarah (nattymshe), :)
I'm glad you're joining us. Being sick on carbs is a good way start this way of life. Its really important that you get some supplements right away. Get a multivitamin, potassium and an extra calcium magnesium zinc supplement, and you may want to have some pain reliever on hand. When you cut out carbs suddenly you may lose a lot of water weight in a short period of time and you will need to replace the potassium and magnesium fast or you will feel lousy soon. A lot of people going through carb withdrawal also get a headache. Be sure to keep yourself well hydrated. The supplements and fluids will help you stick with this. But don't worry its pretty normal to feel strange as your body switches from using sugar to burning fat for energy. For me I felt pretty awful for a week, at the end of 2 weeks I feel the best I've ever felt in my life. Also you may have constipation of diarrhea as your body adjusts. Be sure to have 3 cups of vegetables a day and you can get psyllium at the health food store. The packaging shows 4 carbs total but none of them count in the 20 carbs per day.

Come back anytime you need encouragement or have questions or want to brag about your weight loss, we're here for you. Good luck.

BTW for the font size and color options etc. Type everything first then highlight what you want to color and rehilight for each option you choose.
Nancy

TerryLynne Mon, Oct-20-03 05:55

Sarah, Welcome and good luck with induction. Don't give it up no matter how bad you may feel the first week, It will be SO worth it! I feel the best I ever have, but had a terrible time my first four days. My son on the other hand, had no problems feeling bad on induction so hopefully you'll sail right through it :) I take Atkins vitamins (basic 3, essential oils, and advantage) I got them from vitacost.com they are 40% off retail, so makes them more affordable. Also Walmart discounts them but not as low as vitacost.com. I started taking them about 3 weeks ago, was taking a good multi before that, and I don't really see a big differance, but they have a lot more in them so I'm sure they are doing something good.:)

Blessings -

J.J. Mon, Oct-20-03 06:55

Good Morning Everyone!

How was everyone's weekend? Any lbs. lost???

I had a great weekend! Went to hear a band that my DH use to play with and we danced :agree: :agree: :yay: :yay: :agree: :agree: :wiggle: :Party: the night away like we were 10 yrs. younger! We've had so much energy since we've been LCing that our kids have a tough time keeping up with us. Three daughters, Jackie (31) and the twins, Emily and Abby (29) all were tired and being couch potatoes this weekend while their wild and crazy parents were out till the wee hours of the night! LOL! I think it's funny! They think we've lost it, but woooohoooo I like having all this energy!

Welp, hope ya'll are doing great!

nattymshe Mon, Oct-20-03 07:18

Thanks, Nancy and Terry for your encouragement. I'll be back to post tonight once DD and DH have gone to bed. Thanks again, here goes my first day on induction. Ps... I tried a Bellydancing workout video this morning whew it was hard not to mention DD cried for me to hold her the whole 10 min. I was able to do it. I also like the walk away the pounds videos, time flys do it.

Sarah :) [FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]

Leenie Mon, Oct-20-03 10:48

KORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak to me !! where have you been ? I see you posted a teeny gain. Whats up sweetie ? is something happening thats getting you down ? Let me know please, I'm worried about you :(

Nothing new here SOSDD. Saturday I had a pig fest lol, I didn't go off plan but I surely ate ALOT of food. Sunday was hard to cut down but I think I got it under control today :D (I pray that is).

Can you believe October is Almost over ??? YIKES where is the time going ?

I'm all ready for halloweenie... got the yucky gummy gross candy instead of the chocolate :)... to bad kiddies your gonna have to suffer ROFLMFAO!!!!!

korry1977 Mon, Oct-20-03 10:56

I am right here... been busy with studying... Actually, just came back from jogging/cardio... was tough, but made it through...

I am not worried about the gain... it was probably due to me cutting down the cardio to a drop... LOL...

started cardio again, so hopefully the numbers will start going south again...

Well, how is everything going? Yeah, I know feels like the end of the month is around-the-corner...

well, take care

Have a good one,
Korry