Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Cheat For June Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=108310)

bevbme Sat, May-31-03 19:14

Goals

1. Stop making my diet the center of my universe. Planning is good-obsession is not.
2. While adhering to #1 eat 3 meals a day. Try not to keep eating lunch from noon til 5.
3. Exercise to the best of my limits. Gardening will count.
4. Vitamins work best when ingested-although they look pretty impressive on the table-pharmacy still life.
5. LOSE some weight. Above all dont make things worse.

There are 2 goal on a playing field-only one makes you a winner.
I get weighted and measured on 27th of June. I hope to make progress not walk backwards like I did the first month.

mywyzard Sat, May-31-03 22:48

it's almost time...

:wave: It is less than a 1/2 hour to june 1st....haha. Can I go have a tortilla bowl full of icecream?...lol.
Yes, I know I haven't done a journal yet and I am sorry, but I never know how much I am going to be able to get on the computer. I may go a week without getting on(not anymore) or I am on for 20 hours out of the day.
I will try and start one tomorrow, but I don't plan on cheating....then again who plans on that, right?
Oh, and by the way...Goatlady, the fire appears by magic, of course. If I told you the secret, I'd have to kill you....hahaha.
You will have to watch for FOXTV to give away my secrets.
good luck everyone(15 minutes to d-day)
Mike (the wyzard) :cool:

:spin: :wave: :spin: :wave: :spin:

DDMariana Sat, May-31-03 23:14

Good heavens...what a crowd! Michelle is out of town this weekend, and I know she was keeping a list...so, Michelle...to save you a little homework, I went ahead and added the new names, and came up with this:

Please everyone...make sure your name is on the list, and make sure I have spelled it correctly!

AlluraD
AmberAA1 (Amber)
Athena 123 (Katie)
bebet
Bevbme
bostonkarl
CharM
Charran (Char)
chysmith (Cait)
Coolazchic
DarB
DDMariana (Donna)
domus
Elihnig (Beth)
Erbadger
FionaC
FionaMcB
Fishy48
GeeGee
GoatLady
gotaloseit (Tonya)
Jaden
Joetta
josiekat
justcindy
Karin
kbizou (Kelly)
lperk002
Luddybell
Mischa
Mom2girls
Ms_Pat (Pat)
Munia68
Mywyzard
NinaJean
Pacycheeks
PennyGal
Piano
Pink
PinkCaddy
PrincessPP (Sally)
Red1Cutie
Scarlet
Scootrgrl
Shama
Shone
Shoshie
SiriusT (Amy)
SlimShady
Srd0821 (Shannon)
Summer*Rai
SummerYet (Michelle)
Summer10
Summer
SweetSheri
Tracie916
Tiggerdy (Nikki)
Yesican
YoungGal
Wolfiesask
Zandria72

I do believe this is the end of the night, and the end of May! Which means...the June challenge begins tomorrow... :D

I must confess to having to officially begin my June challenge on June 2... :( because of a pre-planning birthday dinner... but on Tuesday, I plan on taking my measurements and weight and POSTING it.

Lisa-Perk, I would love to know how to take my body fat % too...so if you get a chance to post it, that would be great.

I've got to get to bed, but I just wanted to wish everyone a great start in the morning!!

:wave:

YoungGal Sat, May-31-03 23:42

Has anyone here done Tae Bo, and if so, how was it?

summer*rai Sun, Jun-01-03 06:50

june 1st

So excited...after starting the challenge by starting on induction last thursday I've lost all the gain after a sunday morning carb up last Sunday for breakfast...and also another 2 lbs more I am so excited...YESSSSS...this is gonna be good ...Girls we can do it....YEAHHHHHH :)

summer*rai Sun, Jun-01-03 06:52

guys too

Didn't mean to exclude Guys....GIRLS AND GUYS...We all can do this challenge...Gotta keep enthuised...So let's eat right , and get-a-moving...

AlluraD Sun, Jun-01-03 06:54

Off on the right foot~

Just got back from my walk 55 minutes to the beach and back..........it really is a great walk..............I am hooked on it.......feels so good to be moving!!
Wishing everyone a great day #1~ :wave:

mom2girls Sun, Jun-01-03 07:56

YoungGal,

I'm not the one to tell you about Taebo, as when I 'attempted' to do it, I was a major klutz and basically socked myself in the face :lol: but it's a wonderful workout and I know many people on these boards do it. I'm just not coordinated enough to do it :rolleyes: I hope someone responds with better info for you :wave:

mom2girls Sun, Jun-01-03 08:14

Day 1 of the Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Summer*rai - congrats on the 2 lb loss!!!!!!

AlluraD - your walk to the beach sounds divine!!

Ok, guys and gals, Let's get ready to rumble.... :exclm: WE CAN DO THIS:hyper:

Well, my starting measurements are:

weight: 124
Chest: 33"
Waist: 28"
Hips: 28 1/2"
Thighs: 21"

Today, I remembered to take my supplements before and at breakfast, and I've already drank 50oz of water, I also ran/walked on the treadmil for 30min :cool:

I'll post more later, just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and that I look forward to getting to know you all this month.

WE CAN DO THIS :wave:

Princesspp Sun, Jun-01-03 10:16

Whew ....

Last night was still May .. so I got to squeak in a not so bad-- but not so good at the Grad party I was at ...

I had some pretzels, potato salad, and a piece of cake .. the rest of the stuff I had was 100% legal .. but now it's out of my system again .. and I'm back on track .. for the month!!!!

LET'S ROCK!!!!!! (whoops .. revealing my age again .. :lol: )

I'm ready for a good June... and I think we can do it if we stick together !!!

Talk later all !!!
:rheart:

mywyzard Sun, Jun-01-03 10:52

started my journal

OK, I started a journal. I will try to do an entry everyday. Let the games begin. June is here.
later,
MIKE

Meg_S Sun, Jun-01-03 10:57

Hi there, I've just started the craziest version of lc I've ever been on and am determined to follow through for the month of June. (barring any ill effects)

The june guidelines are: continue to take supplements, water and exercise as I do now

Follow the diet prog I've set out, with 1 high calorid day each week. I'm reluctant to post exactly what these are but would love to be part of a support group this month :)

Here's to many inches lost in June!
Meg

DDMariana Sun, Jun-01-03 11:12

Good Morning challenge buddies!!

Hope this is a SUPER motivated day for everyone...I'm doing some mega walking in San Francisco today, so I"ll include that as my exercise, although my official LC'ing won't start until tomorrow!

As for TAE BO... I can still not do the workout entirely, but I am in complete awe of Billy Blanks, and I would reccommend him, his workout, his website to everyone! Talk about inspiration, motivation...dedication! The man is a miracle...and really inspires people to achieve their goals. I bet TAE BO will knock the pounds and inches off faster than anything, but it may take a while at the baby level!! Really worth checking out...

Good luck on Day 1... :wave:

red1cutie Sun, Jun-01-03 12:14

Saturday May 30th:

1. low Body Workout including Abs

2. 6 litres of water

3. fat was at 75% & my calories were 1474

Enjoy your sunday everyone.

Peace
red

Got on Scale yesterday...159 ....2 lbs down after being at 161 since May 7th!

caverjen Sun, Jun-01-03 12:30

Room for one more?

Hi everyone!

I saw this thread last night and decided it was something I needed to do. It's so easy to slip back into old habits. My goals for June are:

1. No diet sodas - none, not one, not any, no excuses
2. Cut down on coffee and work on getting back off caffeine
3. Drink a cup of green tea a day
4. Make homemade protein bars so I don't eat the chemical-laden ones
5. No white sugar or white flour (Duh!) - no saving my carbs for dessert
6. Post to my (abandoned) journal and gym log daily
7. Continue sticking to my exercise program (see first page of gym log) - modified - see June 2 post
8. Measure carb portions instead of estimating
9. Stop binging on cashews
10.End of month goal: to reach my goal weight of 125# and/or get down to 15% body fat or lower.

Hope everyone is having a great cheat-free day!

Jen