Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 150 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97206)

tigeraspen Mon, May-12-03 19:57

WTG Amy!

Yes Tanya, this group helps keep me going!

Sorry, I haven't been around much. I am in the middle of writing papers for school besides working.

I took a mini break from LC this weekend and I didn't over do it. Had some things I thought I wanted and they didn't taste as good as I thought they would.

Did make a great lemon LC/SF cheesecake. One day I will type in the recipe for you all.

Today I started the first two weeks of South Beach. It is LC and almost reminds me of the Zone with lower carbs.

Well I am wiped....I'll let you know how I am doing the end of the week.

:wave: Ellen :wave:

JolieFleur Tue, May-13-03 13:28

HELP!!!

Snickers bars are infiltrating my life! My defenses are weakening!!! Need...to get back...to the diet!!! :eek:

Cher422 Tue, May-13-03 14:26

I'm still here

Hey everyone! Yes, I am still here, just really short on time lately. With being in the midst of finals and trying to get my apartment packed up for my move to FL (for 12 weeks for clinicals), I've been pretty darn busy. Reaserch is all wrapped up now and we presented our results at a poster symposium for local clinicians. Now, its just been tons of class and last minute things to do. A lot of time trying to figure out what needs to be done to obtain a license to practice PT when I do graduate.
So, eating wise, I have been good. Exercise has been pushed to the back burner for awhile. As soon as finals are over and I am settled in FL, I'll pick up on my routine again. Weight is still EXACTLY the SAME!!! It just won't budge! Oh well, as long as I am eating right, I'm not overly concerned at this time. Once I'm only working during the day and don't have to worry about school per say, I'll have more time to workout and get my butt in gear. I think I am losing inhes, though....but NOT from my arms!

Take care,
Cher

tgill32177 Tue, May-13-03 14:31

Where in FL?

Where in FL Cher?

I am close to Gainesville.

tigeraspen Tue, May-13-03 19:46

Jolie, you can do it! Try the Delites Chocoalte bars and they have a good price on them in Walmart.

Cher...good luck with the move and all!

:p Ellen :p

tigeraspen Wed, May-14-03 04:21

I AM DOWN 4 LBS!!!!

SWOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiriusT Wed, May-14-03 06:27

Great job Ellen, 4 pounds!! :cheer:

Cher, good to see you. I'm glad you're doing well with the WOE despite all your activities. If you can keep LCing with all you've got going on, you'll do fine once you're settled.

Jolie - Have you tried the Russell Stovers SF chocolate? Really good and work for that chocolate fix.

Had a good day yesterday despite a 'friend's' sabotage attempt. We had bookgroup last night. My friend was putting out a supper to go along with our viewing of To Kill a Mockingbird. I offered, no less than 4 times, to bring something, but she didn't want me to. I get there at 6:30 and there's NOTHING I can eat. The funny thing is that she is usually one of my biggest diet supporters and has done LC herself. :confused: Luckily I had brought along a baggie of almonds for the movie. That was my dinner!

Hope all have a good day today.

Amy

tgill32177 Wed, May-14-03 06:40

Way to go!!!

Whoo hoo Ellen! :cheer:

That is wonderful!

Sorry about your dinner dilemma Amy. That is really frustrating!
My mom offers to cook supper and she KNOWS that I am eating
LC, but I am not really sure that she knows what LC means. She will have fixed something like spaghetti or some other High Carb food and bring it over. I can pull my hair out sometimes. I don't think that she means to "sabotage" me- I think that she just doesn't realize how SERIOUS I am.

Hopefully you were tactful about it and she got the message when you didn't eat the foods that were there. I don't know if
I could hold out like you. Waiting til 11pm to eat is sheer willpower girl!

Tanya

JolieFleur Wed, May-14-03 07:46

Saboteurs...

Yes, it's really hard to deal with when someone who cares about you puts carbs in front of your face. I read a book once that had a section about diet saboteurs. It was pretty interesting. It said that there are a lot of hidden psychological reasons that people may subconsciously try to sabotage you - like the idea that your weight loss may change your relationship with them. It was hard to believe at first, but it all made sense really. Every time it becomes physically evident that I've lost more weight, my mom suddenly buys me a bag of candy or something. But according to the article I read, it might be that she is afraid we won't be as close because I won't be as needy when I lose all my weight. Sounds weird, but I suppose it's a possibility.

Anyway, I'm jumping back on the train tomorrow. Going to read some books and plan some meals tonight so I'll be ready to roll. Thanks for all the suggestions to help with my chocolate cravings! There is a Russell Stover outlet about half an hour from here, so I'll have to get some of their SF. I tried DeLites and loved it!

tigeraspen Thu, May-15-03 05:09

The RS chocolates sound like a good thing to bring to a social event. Then if you can't eat the offering, you can always eat the chocolates!!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ellen :wave:

SiriusT Thu, May-15-03 09:02

Good Thursday everyone!

I am slightly addicted to the RS candies. The interesting thing is you can only have one or two chocolates (the sugar alcohol can upset your stomach) so it is a self-limiting treat! DH and I grab one after dinner each evening.

Yesterday was my birthday and I took the evening off. We went to a nice restaurant and I had clam chowder and veal piccata. My daughter told them it was my birthday so they brought a hot fudge sundae with a candle. I had a few bites. WOW, did it taste good! First sugar in over 3 months!

I'm back on track today. I think we have to give ourselves special events off if we're to make this a lifetime eating plan. This was my first attempt though so keep your fingers crossed that I'll get back on the wagon.

Amy

tgill32177 Thu, May-15-03 09:23

Happy Belated Birthday Amy!

Glad you enjoyed your birthday!!!

:Party: :bday:

Sounds like you had a great day!

Be blessed!
Tanya

kellielou Thu, May-15-03 10:52

Hi everyone, I thought I would pass this onto all of you. It is such a great recipe I found on the main meal site. It is Hamburger Quiche.
I have also added sausage to it instead of hamburger and also poured it into cupcake pans so I can grab one for a quick breakfast. Hope everyone is having a great day! Kellie

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
salt/pepper to taste
and any other spices you like
I added some spinach
and cream cheese

Dir:
brown beef and onion in skillet, Drain any fat or liquid from pan. Whisk together eggs,mayo, cream and spices. Mix cheese into egg mixture,then add to beef and onion. Pour all into a 8" greased pie pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min or till set. Remove and let sit 10min before serving.

This reheats really well. This is suppose to have about 6 carbs per seving.

Cher422 Thu, May-15-03 15:22

hi

Tanya- I'll be in Fort Pierce, FL for 12 weeks at Joyner Sports Med Inst. as a student physical therapist. It's my last time out in the clinic before I take my boards and get my license to practice this Fall!!! how exciting! I only have 3 more days of exams left :) Alright!

It sounds as though everyone is doing great!!! I just went out and bought a ton of veggies b/c I love to snack on crunchy things while I study or have a chance to watch TV. Veggies and ice take care of that!

This summer, I may be online even less, not too sure yet if I'll have internet acces or not--I'll be staying with a PT from another clinic in the Fort Pierce area. On the weekends I can probably get online though if I visit my brother!

Take care and keep up the GREAT work!!!

-Cher

SweetSheri Thu, May-15-03 16:34

Hey Cher I'm also a Sher lol!I just wanted to say I use to live 30mins from ft.pierce,Okeechobee,fl I grew up there!Well have fun and good luck on your exams! :D