Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lisa wants a nice body (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82236)

Skamito Thu, Mar-27-03 12:55

Hey.. you liking your Matthews ab exercises? I looked them up and looks like Pilates. We do a lot of those exercises in class. They do feel much better than crunches! :)

lkonzelman Thu, Mar-27-03 17:33

I really love them Angela. I really feel them now (at first not as much since I didn't have much control of my abs)!

Matthews Ab Exercises -

Scarlett O'Hara 5X
Spastic Butterfly 2X to fatigue
Basement Crunch 5X each side
Superman Sling 6X (like this one)
Dead Bug 6X each side (love this one)
Piston 8X each side
Open Book 4X
Parallel Point 2X each side
Oblique Squeeze 6X each side
Frog 3X for 30 seconds 3X

lkonzelman Thu, Mar-27-03 17:52

The June 30th Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
This is my before photo for this upcoming challenge....we will see if I look different on June 30th.

.... be kind all that look.

RGale Fri, Mar-28-03 00:49

You look great, Lisa, and I'm sure you'll look even better by June 30. I'll be watching this challenge with interest.

--Ruth

2berners Fri, Mar-28-03 09:53

Wow!

Damn, woman! You are really going to town on this working out! Reading your log inspires me to crank my workouts up a notch. This forum is such a great way to stay focused and challenged on anything we do to get in shape and melt the butter, isn't it? And, as you say, knowing that others will be checking out your progress keeps you honest and is such a motivator. Have to take Pilgrim to his obedience class now, but when I get back I'm for sure checking out the Matthews Method site. My personal goal is to feel comfortable in a bathing suit (for the first time in fifteen years) this summer - of course, in the beautiful PNW you can count on bathing suit weather showing up in late July, so I've got some time!

Shannon

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-28-03 09:56

Thanks much Ruth.

Glad to inspire Shannon ... i'm telling you now that I have to post my picture again in June I am definetely inspired further to show everyone how you can change your body.

I really enjoy the ab stuff. I hear it is very much like pilates.

Hope I look better in June. :D

Kaillean Fri, Mar-28-03 14:10

Lisa, you look great! I love your swim suit. Keep your fingers crossed that I might look half as good this summer.

Kudos to you on your new workout routine. I'd love to hear more about your exercises. I understand what some of them are, but not all. I've got 5 lb weights here at home. I'd planned to go to the community centre here to do weights, but I'd really prefer to do them at home, if possible. Can you share your equipment list and how you're doing your routine?? Any help mucho appreciated.

I think I may have broken 200 today, but just barely. I'm not celebrating until I'm under for a couple of days. I think 200 is a set point for me and I'm hoping some exercise might shake it up!

You're definitely going to see a big change by June. Your muscle definition is already there - so toning up is going to have huge benefits. You'll need to start scoping out a sexy size 8 sundress or something.

I read your journal entry about shoe-shopping. It struck a chord. I'm so used to shopping in the fat section (and being grateful to find ANYTHING that fits and isn't a huge floral print) that I too think I've lost any fashion sense I might have once had. I can't wait to uncover it again and be able to wear some fun clothes instead of black, baggy clothes that "hide" my weight (Yeah, right!).

Ciao for now!

Kaillean. :)

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-28-03 14:12

Hi and thanks SO MUCH for your compliment and visiting.

If you want PM me and I will send you my exercises w/ pictures of how to.

XOXO

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-28-03 17:51

8lb weights - sets of 15 and 12 (unless otherwise noted)

dumbbell bench press
dumbbell fly
dumbbell kickback (each arm)
arnold press
dumbbell concentration curl (each arm)
dumbbell lying row - set of 15-12-12
alternating
dumbbell external rotation - two sets of 7 (ouch)
dumbbell internal rotation - two sets of 10
dumbbell step up - high step onto a chest
dumbbell side bend (still aches from last time - good stretch)
dumbbell single reverse calf raise (each leg)

Auntie J Fri, Mar-28-03 19:36

What a babe!!!!!!!!!!

WOW :exclm: I bet it feels great to dare wear a swimsuit ! I wish I could get into the heavy duty exercise regime, too many physical limitations tho. Keep up the good work, you are a great inspiration! Marla :wave:

diget77 Fri, Mar-28-03 20:30

Hey just thought I would check in on you. You are doing so great!!!! I couldn't get your picture to show up...I am extremely curiose since we haven't seen a pic of you since Val day. I only wish I had you motivation to exercise so much.

Dani

lkonzelman Sat, Mar-29-03 05:49

Just post your bathing suit pic on the internet and you will want to change yourself big time! LOL... I do appreciate your kind words sincerely though... Auntie J

Dani... good to see you again... haven't checked in with you in a while.

This morning:
walked doggies - 20 minutes interupted walking but pulling two dogs that saw squirrels then ab work:

Matthews Ab Exercises -

Scarlett O'Hara 5X
Spastic Butterfly 2X to fatigue
Basement Crunch 5X each side
Superman Sling 6X (like this one)
Dead Bug 6X each side (love this one)
Piston 6X each side
Open Book 4X
Parallel Point 2X each side
Oblique Squeeze 6X each side

now the day is mine... HOORAY!
Frog 3X for 30 seconds 3X

diget77 Sat, Mar-29-03 21:27

Hey lisa...I am so interested in seeing this swim suit photo everyone is talking about. I can't get it to come up. could you email it too me. Gosh, I don't know if I could be sooo brave.

diget77~ail.com

Dani

lkonzelman Sun, Mar-30-03 18:36

Rough workout!

8lb dumbbells -
Finally sets of 15 - 12 -10 (unless otherwise noted)

dumbbell bench press
dumbbell fly
dumbbell kickback (each arm)
arnold press
dumbbell concentration curl (each arm)
dumbbell lying row set of 15-12-10
alternating with 5lb dumbbells
dumbbell external rotation - 15-12-7
dumbbell internal rotation - 15-12-7
back to 8lb weights
dumbbell step up - high step onto a chest 15-12-10
dumbbell side bend (still aches from last time - good stretch)

lkonzelman Mon, Mar-31-03 11:54

The Challenge program for month #1

OK.... here it is. The latest and greatest workout routine for myself during this challenge.

The issue was not enough time to recover between workouts and too many muscle groups at once.

So I have broken what I think will be an ok routine into 3 alternating days. Starting with sets of 15-12-10 to start at 8lbs and seeing what tweeking is needed. I'm so scared of the LBWO - I hate those....

DAY 1 - dumbbell external rotation -- dumbbell internal rotation -- dumbbell step up -- dumbbell side bend -- dumbbell single reverse calf raise -- dumbbell straight back straight-leg deadlift --dumbbell straight leg deadlift -- dumbbell squat

DAY 2 - dumbbell bench press -- dumbbell fly -- dumbbell kickback -- arnold press -- dumbbell concentration curl -- dumbbell lying row -- dumbbell lying lateral raise -- dumbbell pullover

DAY 3 - Matthews Method Ab work

FYI - if anyone wants a copy of the instructions just PM me to email them OR go to google.com and search the names of the exercises I just posted to see the animated how to's.