Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   10 pounds to goal weight (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82096)

wcollier Wed, Feb-26-03 06:14

Hi Guys:

I didn't think she existed, BUT she does. I got a visit from the Whoosh fairy! 1.5 pounds after losing so little for so long. At first I thought there was something wrong with my scale. ;)

Almost there. Then onto the biggest challenge --- maintenance. Ahhh, but I'm armed with Atkins' for Life!

Wanda

KellyG5 Wed, Feb-26-03 06:47

Wanda..I am with you! I am down a pound this week! YEAH! 159. I am getting there one baby step at a time.

bomen1948 Wed, Feb-26-03 09:45

We're losers!

Hi everyone! I weighed this morning and was .5 pounds down. I guess I finally broke that 128 plateau that I was on - FINALLY!

Angela - my bras are getting kinda big too. My dh is not happy that my boobs are shrinking! LOL! I am though. I know that I shouldn't set a goal to lose 2 pounds this week but its really more of a mental thing for me to keep me focused everyday. Mardi Gras is this weekend and we have some free passes to go. We
re NOT but I need to stay focused so that I don't get a wild hair and take off and go, and blow this whole thing! :o)

Wanda - CONGRATS on your 1.5 lose. Wow, you are 3 pounds from goal, I am soooo jealous.

Kelly - CONGRATS to you too!!! Seems liek we are all losing this week.

.....happy dance for us all!!!!!!!!!!

tena

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

junebug61 Wed, Feb-26-03 20:49

I finally got back into my size 12 jeans. It has been a few years since I was able to get them over my hips,lol!! We leave for vacation in 2 1/2 weeks,how am I going to be able to keep this going? The exercise will be not a problem, it will be the food. I will have to try my hardest. What have you guys done in situations like this?

KellyG5 Thu, Feb-27-03 06:04

I am leaving on vacation tomorrow! Nine days in florida. I know eating is going to be a problem for me. The good news, we are staying at my parents house so I will be able to do alot of cooking myself.

I am looking forward to getting out in the warm air adn sunshine. It is going to feel good to move around! I will be walking, running and playing tennis as much as possible. Hopefully, I will be exercising more and if I eat more than usually, it should balance out.

My only advise, which I am going to try to do on vacation is plan out each meal. Don't go blindly into he day without some what of an idea what you are going to eat. I find if I plan the day, plan what I am going to eat and when I am going to workout, I actually do it.

kiwi2 Thu, Feb-27-03 08:14

I'm headed for vacation tomorrow too. I'll stick with plan for the most part, but am allowing myself copious amounts of wine (we're going to Napa Valley) and a dessert or two. But come March 10th, back to induction levels for me.

kiwi

KellyG5 Thu, Feb-27-03 13:11

Hey Kiwi,
Have fun in Napa Valley. I know I couldn't go there with out drinking ALOT of wine!
Take it easy, but have fun!

bomen1948 Fri, Feb-28-03 09:43

Hi everyone. Jsut wanted t ocheck in and say the WOOOSSSHHHH fairy visited me and I was down another 1.5 pounds this morning. That's 2 pounds in 3 days so I am extremely happy.

So 126 this morning, only 8 more pounds to go! YEAH!!!!!!!!!

tena

:Party: :hyper:

wcollier Fri, Feb-28-03 10:35

Go Tena, Go Tena.... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wanda

Skamito Tue, Mar-04-03 11:10

Calling all ten-pounders!!

Where are you guys? :)

I've been doing well... watching all my food, eating 5-6 meals a day, and starting Body for Life. Here's my newest goal: Not to step on the scale until April 1st. I haven't been losing any weight, but I just KNOW I've been gaining muscle so I need to stop stepping on that thing. Any ten-pounders with me? I would feel like a couple pounds was a HUGE accomplishment if I noticed it after not knowing for a month!

Hope to be a solid 138lbs on April 1st!

So I've been toying around with Body for Life, but I really think I need to buckle down and just DO it. I really love the workouts, my only issue is the time. So I'm just gonna make time.

I did an upper body Monday and I'm planning cardio today, lower body tomorrow, then cardio, then upper, than cardio, then a day of rest on Sunday. Also gonna take a yoga class and a Pilates class.

Am I crazy? Nope. Going to the gym is quite rewarding for me and doesn't feel much like work. Hope to be a very comfy size 8 (possibly a six?! :eek: ) very soon.

Wish me luck!

slimmin Tue, Mar-04-03 11:34

OK, here's my goal for April 1 - to get at least see 139 once.

I'd like to see my weight range move from the current 142-146 to 138-142.

If necessary, I'll be joining Kiwi back on induction next week.

GetN-SkinE Sat, Mar-08-03 06:47

I've Arrived Club!

Well, my friends, the celebration has begun! :cheer:

Honestly, I still have 2 pounds to goal weight (172/127/125), but hubby and I have already started celebrating!

I've been low-carbing since July 2002. Hubby is so proud of me. He tried to get me a 1 hour massage at a local Spa last Saturday, but they were fully booked, so it was scheduled for today. Last Saturday I got a "Skinny Shopping Spree" - went to consignment stores so I could get a LOT for a Little (literally - giggle).

Friday I took two of my work friends out for lunch - bought each of them a pink rose to celebrate their friendship & support along my low-carb journey (also gave them each a pink glass rose as a keepsake of our friendship).

Today's schedule: 9:30 - hair cut; 11:00 - 1 hour Swedish-style massage.

Monday I have an appointment with my family doctor, just to have more bloodwork done & review my dieting results (last bloodwork was done in November).

Tuesday I am taking another co-worker out to lunch - she was the first to say something about noticing my weight loss (didn't tell anyone but hubby in the beginning, because I honestly didn't think I had the willpower to stick with it & I didn't want to be ridiculed). She has offered me exercise tips & has been a real encourager, both with exercise advise & with making comments about how good I look. Other than my wonderful husband, she has been my best encourager - she is blunt with her comments, which is what I need, so she has really kept me in line.

Well, a whole lot of bragging has been going on here, but I am happy I found "Dr. Atkins" and thrilled to say IT WORKED!!!!!:D

Skamito Sat, Mar-08-03 14:46

Cheryl.... you have made me sooo proud! It is so fabulous that you are just about there and celebrating your journey. I mean... 45 pounds! Geez. That's so wonderful.

Getting your hair cut, massages, and time with friends are all wonderful rewards. :)

Since not weighing is part of my plan for this month, who knows how my progress is going, but I FEEL great. Started Body For Life exercise and just hope I can stick with it! I can't imagine being 127, Cheryl, it must feel wonderful to have succeeded with what you started. Keep up your healthy eating habits and I wish you continued success in maintenance!

:yay: :yay::yay: :yay::yay: :yay::yay: :yay:

wcollier Sat, Mar-08-03 15:36

Hi Cheryl:

That is awesome news! Good for you, you deserve all those rewards.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

So now the question is "how will you maintain your weight"? For instance, some can indulge every so often and then cut back on carbs for a few days. Others can never indulge. Which camp do you fall in? I fall in the "I can never indulge camp". :mad: That's what got me in this mess.

What will your ACE (Atkins' Carb Equilibrium) be? Atkins' says most fall around 60 ECC. That would be cool. I don't think I'll ever see that though.

For me, maintenance is the most difficult part. But this time 'round I'm armed. I think this forum will be a great support. Nothing like making your failures public to keep one in line! :D

Cheryl, I hope you'll stick around! It'd be nice to have some "maintainers" around to share words of wisdom.

Wanda

Skamito Sun, Mar-09-03 19:59

Hey everyone... I have good news. I went pants shopping today and got two new pairs. Size 8's!!!

It feels so awesome! Wonder if I can get into 6's one day... crazy.

Been working out like a fit lady, so I hope to see and feel more results. Feeling great!

:)