Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36103)

ferrygirl Sun, Apr-17-11 01:13

Yummy! Happy, happy tummy!

cocochigg Tue, May-03-11 18:52

I have tried this recipe twice. The first I followed as directed. Tonite I used pork sausage, minced garlic and Mozerella Cheese. Kind of a Italian take. It is smelling sooo good. My hubby is dieting with me. He loves this recipe. Just add additional cheese to top after baking and ketchup, if you like. Great!!

bohemian45 Mon, Jul-11-11 20:02

Man, was this a hit this evening at dinner! I made it pretty much as listed on page 1, but I "guesstimated" some amounts like the cheese and mayo.

The flavor was just incredible...my wife, who wasn't very hungry, asked for seconds! I'll be making this again...

catinhat Mon, Jul-11-11 21:11

Sounds like I need to try this soon! :)

kaarren Tue, Jul-12-11 19:35

I like this recipe because everyone in the family likes it.

Thanks Glenda!

catinhat Tue, Jul-12-11 21:48

I have a technical (I guess) question. If I have heavy cream instead of half and half, can I just use half cream and half water?

Shi-Shi Thu, Nov-08-12 07:28

I made this for my familly of four last night (two who are not Atkins diet, well i guess i should say, they don't know they are). And everyone loved it. I used heavy cream instead of 1/2 and 1/2 to cut down the carb count.. Thanks for the info..

bigoledude Thu, Jan-10-13 20:42

Made a pizza version and it was great!

LadyBelle Sun, Jan-20-13 18:41

I made this for dinner last night. Not having any cream on hand, I subbed in sour cream with the eggs. The pie got into 8 pieces. Somehow, I managed to get 2 slices from the quiche. My non-LC family gobbled up the rest.

They told me next time I need to make a larger one, or do two at the same time.

missymagoo Sat, Aug-10-13 13:30

sounds good

bohemian45 Mon, Jan-06-14 16:23

Glad to be dusting off this recipe for tonight--cold and very windy. I used a mix of ground beef and ground pork which is what was in the fridge. I can't get ground pork at my grocer with enough fat in it, so a little extra bacon grease is welcome.

Ready in thirty minutes!

Iamgeorge! Wed, Jan-15-14 11:29

This is an amazing recipe! I have used it many times. It has great flavor and it is filling. Love it!

brookey952 Wed, Jan-22-14 18:50

Trader joes makes a salsa verde that is delicious. Its a green sauce with tomatillos and jalapenos. We tried this recipe tonight and thought it needed something. I added a spoon of this salsa verde to the top of my quiche while it was on my plate and it was great! fyi dont add it before cooking. add it after

ImOnMyWay Wed, Jan-22-14 22:02

That sounds awesome! I love salsa verde. Thanks, Brookey.