Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   2 fat chicks and induction challenge...come join us!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=269864)

browniz30 Sat, Nov-05-05 18:54

whoo hoo!!!! 2 days down girl!!!! :agree: I am right there with ya...today is my 2nd day "back"!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!

donnalee~ 34 DAYS CHEAT FREE???!!! :agree: :agree: THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! you go girl!!!!!! I love the focus you have!!! that's awsome!!!

10 pound challenge

browniz30...starting weight...199
skylee....starting weight...161
veronica....starting weight..195
sanfar....starting weight...242.5

skylee Sat, Nov-05-05 22:01

Congrats everyone for staying cheat free!! 2 days down for me also.

Feeling great today, eating well and got my work out.

Pushing for another great day tomorrow!!

greeniz35 Sun, Nov-06-05 15:15

OK, I'm at day 2 and trying hard. Joshua brought home these little tiny cupcakes the guys at work got him for his birthday. So now I have his birthday caked covered and these cupcakes...outta site outta mind. STAY BACK SUGAR MONSTER!!!

I give myself one more day and I should be straight back on track and solid with fighting any cravings. Hey girl...I wanna join the challenge...put me up there too....start weight 265...after last weeks stumble!!!! Don't forget to add me!! When are ya'll weighing in anyway??? Good luck girls!! We can do this!!

Donna

veronicac Sun, Nov-06-05 17:46

ok guys after 12 day on induction & CHEAT FREE I DID what i shouldent have done i ate an egg roll at least it wasnt anything sweet so i guess im back to start tomorrow will be another day and ill do better

sanfar Sun, Nov-06-05 18:13

This is my 8th day on induction and I am down 2 lbs :) finally!

Straight back in the saddle now girls - you CAN do this!!!!

Sandra

browniz30 Sun, Nov-06-05 19:07

dont sweat the egg roll!!!! at least it wasnt a candy bar or something!!! just dont let that little stumble affect your focus as I sometimes tend to do!! ;)

congrats on your 2 pounds!!!! :agree: way to go girl!!!!!

greeniz....good for you on your day 2!!!! :cheer: I will add ya to the list then just copy and paste to your posts!!! offical weigh in days are Fridays!!! so..this Friday will be the first one!!! whoo hoo!!!

made it through day 3 great!!! :agree: did eat 2 tblspoons of choc coolwhip!! very low carb though!! ;)

well girls....talk to ya tomorrow!!!

10 pound challenge

greeniz..starting weight...265

Sweets1970 Mon, Nov-07-05 05:04

Can I join??

I am starting induction today after being off of this WOL for well over a year. Hubby is starting with me as well so that may make things easier. My biggest problem is that I quickly lose my motivation and the cravings take over. I guess you could say I am an emotional eater. Any and all support I can get will be great :D

skylee Mon, Nov-07-05 06:47

Welcome Sweets1970, and good luck to you hubby!!

Greeniz so glad to see you back with with us. Great job getting past last weeks stumble and moving forward. What's done is done, so just leave it there. Trust me, I know it is easier said then done, but you are doing it!! Let's keep movin girl and we are gonna do this!!

Veronicac, nice job limiting yourself to one eggroll. That would be huge for me to have just one little cheat and stop. Once I cheat it just turns into huge binge, so congrats stopping at this lonely eggroll.

Sanfar, you're doing awesome!! 8 days through induction, keeping me inspired to keep going.

Browniz congrats on making it through 3 days!! Think I might have to try that choc coolwhip, sounds good :yum: Do you know off hand how many carbs are in it?

I made it through 3 days now and really feel focused. Had a nice weekend with the fam, although the weather was pretty crappy, rainy and cold.

Good luck everyone, until later....

Jenny

sanfar Mon, Nov-07-05 13:54

Good morning all

Hello to Sweets 1970 - I have also had your problem of lost motivation when cravings grip! This time for some reason I am much more focused and prepared to play with the WOE - for instance, when previously on Atkins, I have lost up to 15 lbs on induction; this time I have only lost 2 in 8 days. The only thing different I have done is have Atkins shakes for brekky.

I am also taking lots of vitamins now and think they are helping my cravings :)

Skylee, 3 days down :clap: well done!

To everyone; Keep going! We CAN do this!!!!!

Sandra

browniz30 Mon, Nov-07-05 14:42

welcome sweets!!! glad to see you took up the invite!!! check in here often and we will encourage you all the way!!! :wave:

skylee~ we are on the same page girl!!! this is day 4 for me and I definately feel back in control!!! THANK GOD!!!! I am back in the "purple" saddle again ladies!!! :lol: gotta love ketosis!!!! I am at a coffee house as we speak drinking a low carb latte (SF caramel) it is ssoooo good!!!! I know...here I go again not by the book but I am not considering it a cheat!!! it is SF and decaff!!!! and I have had hardly no carbs yet today and it's 20 till 4!!!

I feel great and hope you all do too!!!!

have a great day ladies and dont forget....fridays the big weigh in for the 10 pound challenge!!!!
good luck ladies!!!!

10 pound challenge

greeniz..starting weight...265

browniz30 Mon, Nov-07-05 17:50

found out the latte only had 3 carbs!!!! OMG...this will definitely be a once a week thing for me...it is sssoooo good!!! :yum: :yum:

oh yeah....the chocolate coolwhip only has 2 carbs for 2 Tablespoons!!!! very yummy!!!!! keep it in the freezer and it tastes like chocolate icecream!!!! but remember...only 2 tablespoons!!!!! ;)

good day girls!!!!! :wave:

skylee Tue, Nov-08-05 08:59

Good monring ladies!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!

I actually thought about cheating yesterday. I mean I was soooo close, but then thought about the commitment I made to myself and this thread and turned it down. We made fudge at work yesterday and it was looking sooo good!! I must have picked up a piece at least 10 times!! :yum: But, in the end I put it down for good, I know me and I would not have stopped at one piece, but more like half a pan!! It really was a little step, but very proud of myself for turning it down!! :agree:

I also started the Body for Life workouts. Yep, they will kill you!! Even though I've been working out for a while, never like this, especially the weight training. Sunday was lower body weight training, my legs are still killing me. I mean pain like I have rarley experienced before, expect labor still tops it!! The worst is getting up and down!! Thankfully dh rubbed ben gay on them last night!! I know really stinking, but I the pain was almost unbearable!! At least I stunk enough that he left me alone and wasn't asking for any!!

Sandra, what kind of vitamins are you taking?? I really think I shoud start taking some, but there are so many out there, it is really hard to know where to even start!!

Browniz, I don't do induction by the book either. As long as I stay under 20 carbs a day, I consider it a cheatfree day. I would rather have a low carb snack, even if it's not on the induction list, then give into full fledge sugar binge.

Curious if anyone eats low carb bars. If so, which ones?? I have tried a lot of different ones, but most of them are totally gross to me. The only one I would recommed is the peanut caramel cluster, by Atkins. They are sooo good. Kindof like a payday. They have a total of 9 carbs, but 4 are from fiber and 3 from sugar alcohol. The box says 2g. of net carbs. So even if you include the sugar alcohol in the count they still only have 5. And in my opinion worth everyone!! Trust me they have saved me more than once, including yesterday!! :agree:

If anyone knows of any other ones worth trying, please let me know!!

Well I'm off to get my workout in. Today it is upper body weight training. Can't wait to see how I feel after this!! :rolleyes:

sanfar Tue, Nov-08-05 18:57

Hi everyone, well day 11 on induction for me (not strictly either)

Browniz, I'm so jealous! Wish I could find a lc latte!!!!:)

Skylee, I take "tresos b" (available in Australia wherever there is a naturopath working in a chemist/pharmacy) It's a multi vitamin, mineral and antioxidant supplement. I also take liverplex to help my liver rid toxins and fat :) and bio magnesium; this helps with cramps in the legs or aching joints that can happen on this woe. I also have 30 mls of flaxseed oil a day. I do need to add in vitamin c and calcium!

A very successful lady (lipid) on this site takes
-L-Carnitine
-acetyl L-Carnitine
Co Q10
Flax oil
Vitamin E
CLA?
Potassium

I have heard that Co Q10 is very good but I cannot remember off hand what for!

Do any of you take supplements????

Sandra

veronicac Tue, Nov-08-05 19:09

ok. how is everyone? doing good i hope today is my 2nd day cheat free.when i ate the eggroll that shaterd my 12days cheatfree my ketosis stick whent down one shade but at least it didnt knock me out of fat burning mode .today its back to the next to the darkest purple. is it suposed to reach the very darkest?does anyone know?skylee i have also tasted the atkins carmel cluster and agree its the best today i also tried the chocolate chip breakfast granolabar foom atkins and its prety good to ... today my husband decided to join me in the lowcarb diet but he is realy just jealous that i made the ketosis strip change & he didnt so now he whants to try it for a few days just to make the stick change..but it still makes me feel good that at least he wants to try it out i think he will like it & hopefully stick with me in my weight loss journey..

sanfar Tue, Nov-08-05 19:33

veronicac, I have never been able to get those sticks off pink! Can you post a sample of what you eat please? I'd love to see purple :) although I guess I am happy to be in ketosis.