Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Everywhere (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Any low carbers in India? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=198003)

Jas50 Mon, Mar-13-06 16:19

Lez - Have an awesome time in Goa - my sis is a travel agent and she highly recommends it!

Neela - are you on vacation?

Good to see you too Sandhya...

We had a snowstorm here and we took in a weekend of snowmobiling and of course ate & drank....I feel awful - I think I will start Induction tonight.

neela26 Mon, Mar-13-06 19:29

Nope, I'm not on vacation. My vacation starts May 13th to Costa Rica! I've been working out like crazy. I workout in the morning and when I get home from work.

Jas50 Tue, Mar-14-06 16:09

Neela - Go girl!! You will look hot in your bikini!

So.....I started Induction in serious as of yesterday. The weight will come off if I stay on plan and of course work out like Neela!

How is everyone else?

Here is my menu for today:

2 eggs for breakfast
Chicken (barbecued) for lunch
Cheese for snack
Supper will consist of pork chop, possible green beans & salad

I went and got all kind of meats so that I am totally prepared! :agree:

neela26 Wed, Mar-15-06 07:33

Hi Jas

I hope to look good in that bikini! I've been working so hard and staying at or under 25 carbs a day and I didn't lose any weight last week. It was so upsetting! I hope it starts to come off soon. I have less than two months left!

Jas50 Thu, Mar-16-06 11:57

You will do it Neela....I was 134.2 this a.m. Of course my bikini days are long gone but I would settle for shorts and a tank top.... :lol:

Jas50 Wed, Apr-05-06 09:58

WHERE IS EVERYONE THESE DAYS?

Our basement flooded with all the snow melting fast.....so DH and I have been busy cleaning. Other than that nothing much to report. I go for my bone density test on Friday.

neela26 Wed, Apr-05-06 10:00

Hi!

I'm doing great! How was your vacation? I am doing M&E and I'm finally starting to lose weight again. I'm at 147 as of this morning! I'm getting there and hit my 20 pound mark yesterday. YAY!

Jas50 Thu, Apr-06-06 11:30

Neela - what is M&E?

neela26 Thu, Apr-06-06 12:42

Meat and Egg, check out the thread in genereral low carb. There's a great group of people on it.

Lez Sat, Apr-22-06 01:41

hi everyone.

I got back from Goa last night and I'm in love, I have never met so many beautyful people in my life the women have a striking beauty I have never seen anywhere in this world,

the poverty is a bit hard on us westerners I just hope I made some dent by over tipping I'm not rich but whats a few bucks to me when it means so much to them, average wage is $1/day

if you are thinking of going to Goa then go.

lez

Jas50 Tue, Apr-25-06 09:00

Hey Lez - is it fairly cheap to travel there? I am wondering about the hotels, sight seeing, etc.

Lez Tue, Apr-25-06 14:47

Hi Jas

I don’t know where you live so I cant say regarding travel costs.
Hotels vary from a few $/night up to $100s/night the most expensive I noticed was $150/night.

What most independent travellers do is get to Goa, find an hotel and book 2 night and go look for an apartment for about $150/week, as far as I could see everything is booked on a daily basis. Charter flights are in the region of $1000/1500 for two weeks from the UK.
Taxies are very cheep my taxi from the airport to my hotel an hours drive cost an agreed price of $15.00 and carry up to 4 people

Sight seeing and guided tours are in abundance and easy to arrange, also very cheep a day trip to a spice farm including transport, food and drinks will set you back about $20 I was not to impressed eating curry chicken and rice with my fingers off a banana leaf, but it did taste good, to feed and wash their elephants is extra, about $5 didn’t understand that, being charged to do the work of a Mamute (sp)

Food is some of the best I have tasted most restaurants serve Indian, Goan, Chinese and European food and very cheep the most I paid was $16 for lobster. Waiting, well you have to wait for you food everything is cooked fresh, nothing pre cooked or warmed over.
Tipping is not compulsory but expected 10% is quit enough say a meal and drinks for 2 came to $30 a $3 tip is 2 days pay for a waiter.

If you speak Hindi, then half the above prices.

Lez :wave:

Jas50 Wed, Apr-26-06 15:27

Thanks for the info Lez - does speaking broken HINDI in Canadian accent count? lol

Lez Thu, Apr-27-06 00:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas50
Thanks for the info Lez - does speaking broken HINDI in Canadian accent count? lol

I got by speaking broken English with a Liverpool accent :lol:

I only have a little hindi, but not for youe eyes :blush:

lez :wave:

soulmia Sun, May-07-06 00:47

Hi Anu,
My name's Natasha and i currently live in Delhi. i will move to Bangalore in June.
I am 15 kgs over weight and am desperate!! I have been on every conceivable diet but yo-yo back to being over weight.
I am very tempted to do the Atkins diet but find it very hard to make it compatible with Indian food.
I don't eat red meat except for bacon.
Have you had any success with this??
HELP!!! I would really like to start a diet plan....but dont know how to go about it.