Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   KISS Challenge 4/19 - 5/19 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178718)

Demi Sat, Apr-24-04 01:31

KISS Day 6 :)

The scales are the same this morning - but you won't find me complaining - 7lbs in almost a week will do me just fine :D (though a couple more would also be fine too :lol: ).

Have a great day everybody :daizy:

SummerYet Sat, Apr-24-04 06:11

Hi Girls!!

Yea Cori- I needed something a little different to drink...was not the same without a packet of splenda in it, but it was still good. Thinking about making some iced herbal tea too.

Wooo Hooo another pound down this morning...I can't believe it! But I will take it :) That makes 11.5# in 5 days....it is just unbelievable. I will take every bit I can get...yes!

OK...off to decide on breakfast, I am hungry this morning. Have a great Saurday...don't let the weekend sidetrack you!!

~Michelle

nitwit Sat, Apr-24-04 08:30

Hi guys!!!

Day 6 for me has started well ... had a late brunch of chicken breasts with garlic and chilli ... yum, yum!!!

I was in London yesterday with a friend and didnt get back until late so didnt manage to check in ... stuck to food KISS-wise, although - confession time - I did have one glass of champagne that my friend bought me before I arrived at the restuarant ... but it did taste good!!! Hopefully it wont effect me too much, although am now 100% back on the straight and narrow!!!!

Anyways ... it is a glorious day today, will take the papers out in the sunshine later and catch a few rays ... did a spot of gardening this morning and watched the Formula 1 qualifying which was good ...

Catch up with everyone later - Lindyx

flwrfrog Sat, Apr-24-04 08:46

I think the .5lb loss from yesterday stuck with me. It's a start. Honestly my scale is so inacurate I should get a new one. If I stand on my scale just the right way it reads about 3lb lighter, LOL. I'm just not sure where to get a reliable one. People have such varied opinions about the Tanita scales.

I have to get to the farmer's market this morning, though morning is almost over. I do enjoy sleeping in a bit on the weekends! And theres gardening to be done. Yesterday I noticed that my zinnias are about to bloom, and that it's time to weed again. Also a trip to the health store... time to get moving!

Y'all have a wonderful day!

=)
Cori

TamiOrr Sat, Apr-24-04 13:28

Can I join?

I know I am a bit late but I'd like to join for the rest of the month..:) I am going to start on Monday..I have to use up the unauthorized foods first like cream cheese and whipped cream....yummy...lol

SummerYet Sat, Apr-24-04 13:51

Welcome Tammi!!

Monday is our weigh in day, so instead of giving us your 1st week's weight, you can just give us the starting weight :)

~Michelle

Demi Sun, Apr-25-04 06:59

KISS Day 7 :)

The scales are the same this morning - still holding at 7lbs down for the week :) Hopefully will be the same tomorrow (or perhaps even down a little bit more :D) for official weigh day and stats change :thup:

Because we had friends for dinner last night, I didn't get to post my day's menus, so here they are:

Breakfast: 2 beef patties (small homemade burgers, made with horseradish and steakhouse pepper) with a 2-egg mushroom omelette
Lunch: Tuna Salsa Salad
Dinner: Nigella's Aromatic Pork, with asparagus spears and baby sweetcorn

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

flwrfrog Sun, Apr-25-04 09:21

Still wishing I had a better scale. those tiny little lines are so hard to read from up here! I suppose that's why I've always set goals at 5lb increments. Anyway, I think the scale may be reading 199 now... down another .5lb... I hope. Tomorrow is the big day, hoping to stick to 199 or drop to 198.

=)
Cori

Demi Sun, Apr-25-04 09:50

Cori, I've got my fingers crossed for you, because if it is 199 or 198, then that means you'll be officially in ONEDERLAND :yay:

SummerYet Sun, Apr-25-04 12:15

Hi Guys-

Late night last night, very slow start today. Scales were up .5# today. I am not letting myself get upset though - that is still an 11# loss for the week. I also don't thing it is anything to worry about, my eating was on a very wierd schedule yesterday...

I went to a class that was about a 2 1/2 hour ride away, it started at 7, ended at 11, and I didn't get home until 2:00 or so. Because of that I had eaten breakfast lunch and dinner all before 4:30 inthe afternoon, hoping it would hold me. Well as I am driving home about 12:30 I was STARVING so I had leftovers from the veggie platter I brought so I had some cucumbers, celery, 1 piece of pepper, and grape tomatoes, at that late hour. I figured the scales wouldnt show a huge difference. I was 100% KISS so I am not worried (yet ;) )

Here is my menu (for yesterday):

B: Scrambled eggs with scallions and eggplant sauce
L: Cut up chicken, tomato, scallion, with 1 T mayo :yum:
D: Pork chops cooked in olive oil with eggplant sauce (do you sense a pattern LOL)
S: Raw veggies

Exercised 30 minutes.

Remember...tomorrow is out 1st official weigh in day. Please remember to give me your loss and weight...if you havent given me your starting weight I need that too!

Have a great day 7!!

~Michelle

Demi Sun, Apr-25-04 14:10

End of KISSing day 7 (and first week) for me :)

Today's menus:
Breakfast:
3-egg mushroom omelette
Lunch: Char grilled chicken with romaine and cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Roast beef with cauliflower and green beans

Looking forward to official weigh-in and stats change tomorrow :)

Lessara Sun, Apr-25-04 17:32

I'm confused why give up butter? Its pretty natural isn't it? Or does the food have to have not work done to it?

SummerYet Sun, Apr-25-04 20:21

Quickie...its bedtime!!

Here is my menu for the day....week 1 is officially over...3 to go!

B: 3 hard boiled eggs
L: tuna, tomato, scallion, garlic and onion salt (forgot i ran out of mayo...was NOT happy lol)
S: 10 grape tomatoes and a hamburger patty
D: 2 pieces chicked breast cut up with mushrooms and eggplant sauce (whatever will I do when that is gone!? LOL)

Day off from exercise

Remember...weigh in tomorrow...we can do it gals!!!

~Michelle

Demi Mon, Apr-26-04 00:16

End of KISSing Week 1 and I have lost 7lbs :yay:, which takes me down to 189 :)

Lessara: Butter is a dairy product, and dairy can cause problems for many people, so that is why it's a no-no on KISS. However, if you read through the KISS rules, one dairy product we don't have to give up is butter, mainly because of it's high fat content ~ in other words, there shouldn't be any lactose left in it, and lactose is the main culprit in causing allergies, weight stalls etc.

OK, Day 8 KISSing ~ onward and downward :D

Hope everyone has a great day and records good losses here today :thup:

SummerYet Mon, Apr-26-04 05:30

Hi ladies!

Down another .5#today fro a total of 11.5# for week 1 :cheer:

Things are definitely slowing down though, so I have to keep reminding myself I wont lose 11.5 pounds every week so I dont get frustrated, and that doesnt mean I am doing bad.

OK...once I get everyone's weight, I will make a chart.

Have a great start to week 2 :)

~Michelle