Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Be 8 pounds less by Oct 31! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141100)

red1cutie Mon, Oct-20-03 11:54

Quote:
OK, at noon, Eaton Center, entering by the Queen subway entrance, at Pottery Barn shop. Is that OK?
See you outside Pottery Barn. :D

funnyface Mon, Oct-20-03 18:33

Hellraiser and Red1cutie,

Did you guys meet on here? If so, awesome!

Hellraiser,
If I lived in the Toronto area, I'd beg a wedding invitation from you and cheer you down the aisle :) I just love weddings!

hellraiser Mon, Oct-20-03 18:37

Beeing good but the pounds not coming off.
:(

Cheers,
H.

funnyface Mon, Oct-20-03 18:52

I'm with you, H. I think they're mocking us!

hellraiser Mon, Oct-20-03 18:58

funnyface: I'm on one of those frustrting days; my last dress fitting is tomorrow and I lost zero in the last week. :(
You would be very welcome to join us in our LC lunches funnyface. :)

Red: I also expect to see you tomorrow night at my bachelorette party!

Cheers,
H.

2B-ABLE Tue, Oct-21-03 19:50

Hey all, just posting to see how everyone is doing.. and keeping the thread alive!!! Good luck all, I am waiting until Sat. to weigh again.

red1cutie Wed, Oct-22-03 09:43

Hi everyone! Hang in there. I know it is really tough when our weight loss is in the "slow phase" but if we keep at it we will get to our goals. Our bodies are stubborn but we are more resilient.

Have a great day!

Peace
red

woolina Wed, Oct-22-03 10:53

man o man o man this is tough. I havent put a time limit on a goal before and it seems like now that I have........:tears:
I lost the first week, gained the second, standing still this week.... The pressure....:lol: o well. I know that it will come off eventually. I wanna know who is got that woosh fairy?

hairpin Wed, Oct-22-03 11:50

Woolina, you are right. This is tough! I am stalled a bit right now, even might have gained a pound back. But I'm going to stick to it. The goal isn't impossible, just needs some more hard work and persistence.

On a positive note, I still think I am getting slimmer even if I can't tell with tape and scale. Last night I tried on pants that didn't fit me a week or so ago, and now they fit. It's one of the best things in the world to have new clothes, and I didn't even have to go shopping.

:yay:

rosemam Wed, Oct-22-03 21:05

HAIRPIN...you are so right. i love that feeling more than anything. The same is happening with me. Finally some of my older pants i can fit into now. OH and i'm down another two pounds!!! Yeah. 146 baby. that's four pounds since the challenge. I'm going for eight though. We'll see if I can do it.

Kristine Thu, Oct-23-03 07:44

Hi all! :wave: I haven't checked in lately, but all's well. I'm down to 139. Yay! My stats are truthful again! ;)

The bad news is that I have stubborn bronchitis and I'm too sick to exercise, but the better news is that I also have very little appetite, so cravings, shmavings. :thdown:

Have a good day!

2B-ABLE Sat, Oct-25-03 09:36

Hey all ... trying to keep the thread alive!!! Ne way.. This morning was my wigh in day... stepped on the scale and Im Down another pound. This puts me at 175, which is one of my minigoals!!!! YAAAYYY!!!

My next mini goal is 173.. so Hopefully I can get there withing the next week.

So so far I have lost 5 pounds... So im not sure if Ill hit my goal of ten pounds by oct. 31 byt I might hit with luck 8 lbs...

red1cutie Sat, Oct-25-03 13:24

Hi 8-pounders! I have not posted because I have been sick and did not feel like doing anything.

Congrats 2B-Able on your loss! Outstanding! :cheer: :cheer:
Congrats Kristine! Aren't the 130's amazing! :cheer: :cheer:
Kristine, I hope you feel better soon. I know how that feels but luckily I did not get bronchitis this time. Drink plenty of fluids, take vicks bath and above all rest.
Congrats Rosemam! Losing inches and pounds at the same time feels great, huh? :cheer: :cheer:
Congrats Hairpin on your inches lost!
:cheer: :cheer:
Quote:
man o man o man this is tough. I havent put a time limit on a goal before and it seems like now that I have........I lost the first week, gained the second, standing still this week.... The pressure.... o well. I know that it will come off eventually. I wanna know who is got that woosh fairy?
Woolina, hang in there. I know how tough it is sometimes. Your turn will come, just stick with it and for sure your body will realize it has to let go and give up the pounds and inches. It's hard when you body is fighting you but don't give up. :bhug:

Hell, hope you are doing great with all the last minute preparations. If you are able to meet anytime this week let me know and I will.

My weight: 134

Have a great weekend everyone.

Peace
red

rosemam Sat, Oct-25-03 13:32

2a-ble- congrats on meeting your mini goal of 175. I know you can reach the next one is about no time.

Kristine- congrats on reaching 139

red- hope u feel better

I went out last night for my friend's birthday to Pargo's. I had an excellent steak salad. Yum. I was tempted to cheat b/c my other friends induldged on their peanut butter chocolate pie. But alas I didn't and, I don't regret it at all. I had another dream that I binged on carbs last night. That is the third time in the past week or two. LOL. I love waking up and knowing that i'm still on this WOL and haven't messed it up. Went over my cal and carb count yesterday but my clothes feel looser today...so i think my body needed it. I bought some peanuts today...so this should help me up my carb count. Good luck everyone.

red1cutie Sat, Oct-25-03 13:49

Quote:
I was tempted to cheat b/c my other friends induldged on their peanut butter chocolate pie. But alas I didn't and, I don't regret it at all. I had another dream that I binged on carbs last night. That is the third time in the past week or two. LOL. I love waking up and knowing that i'm still on this WOL and haven't messed it up. Went over my cal and carb count yesterday but my clothes feel looser today...so i think my body needed it. I bought some peanuts today...so this should help me up my carb count.
Rosemam, you did awesome. Each time you resist your willpower gets stronger. And your clothes fitting better the night before you were tempted to cheat is what will help prevent you the next time. I think "if I cheat tonoght I won't see the whoosh or inches that are coming tomorrow".

I have also had those dreams too, in the beginning and they felt so real and I got up thinking I had cheated.I was relieved to know I had not.

Thanks for sharing.

red