Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Anyone want to walk around the world? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109106)

MisterE Tue, Jul-29-03 11:04

Ahem! (Clears his throat...)

For those of you who CAN walk, ride, swim, whatever...have you noticed how many miles the old crippled fart has walked?
(Oh, yeah, I AM referring to me!)
I am awfully proud of every mile moved. As somehow I feel when I move a mile I move some of this lard off my behind! And I figure I have about a million miles worth of lard ass to get rid of!
Walk on, Folx! We will make it around the world before we are done!

MisterE Sun, Aug-10-03 17:13

Bigger AHEM!

I did 3/4 of a mile today. Yup! The old cripple is regaining his strength. Pretty soon the girls will no longer be able to get away from me!

I am so proud of myself.

AND I had to bring this very important message chain to the top again. I hope all the newbies decide this is a wonderful way to chart their exercise!

For those who do not know what we have done or how to join and chart your miles (we have come 672 miles as of this writing or
.26991492497455 percent of our walk around the world!)

Kairh Tue, Aug-12-03 16:42

Going to sign up on the website! It shall be a blast to travel across the lands. One step at a time.

Signey Fri, Aug-15-03 15:42

Welcome Kairh!
This is a fun commitment and the accomodations are nice too. ;)
Have a great trip!
Signey

Breecita Sun, Aug-17-03 10:23

Hey y'all!

I'm doing some host switching. The site may be up and down... if you can't reach it at the usual address, find it here:

http://66.227.80.250/worldwalk/

I'll let everyone know when it's all set up :)

-Bree

Signey Sun, Aug-17-03 13:07

Thanks Bree!

MisterE Mon, Aug-18-03 05:03

Bree, you are the best!

Ellen-mom Wed, Aug-20-03 11:32

Whew, it took almost 2 weeks to get everything transferred to my new "Curves" But I am back, and have logged this week's (so far) exercise onto the website.

It's great to see so many new "walkers"!!!!

feather Mon, Aug-25-03 04:33

Just a quick note to let every one know that the 50k I just posted to the site was the result of 10 days of walking when on holiday. I have'nt started running marathons (yet). :lol:

feather Tue, Aug-26-03 04:42

And now a quick note to let you know that the other 50k I posted was the result of brain fade not another 10 days. So I'd better get going and do another 50k to keep it honest.

feather Fri, Aug-29-03 05:28

Well Bree removed my extra k's. Isn't she brilliant.

Breecita Sun, Aug-31-03 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by feather
Well Bree removed my extra k's. Isn't she brilliant.

*g* I certainly hope so!

I need to enter mine in... I've been forgetting... *goes to do that*

feather Wed, Sep-03-03 20:34

Anyone noticed that we've got a batch of newbies in our world walk site. Pretty cool eh? now we're going to move quicker than ever.

Rosebud Thu, Sep-04-03 03:52

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to say I've just added 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) to the walk around the world.

This is truly a fun thread, and I'm excited to join you all. :yay:

Cheers, fellow walker, runners, swimmers, cyclists etc etc.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

PS: I've just realised that this is a Triple Digits gang thread, and I am not a Triple Digiter. Okay if I still count my humble steps? Of course, I could always move us to the Countdowns, Buddies and Challenges subforum, which is where I assumed we were. :daze:

Roz

feather Thu, Sep-04-03 21:57

Thanks for joining us Rosebud. Everyone is welcome to join in our walk,(though of course you can swim, row, whatever). But in MHO I think we should keep the thread here. Originally my thought was it would be great for TDC members who, like me, found some of the challenges a bit intimidating to start with. What does everyone else think? Hope I haven't stood on any ones toes.