Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Challenge- 100 cheat free days (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=155768)

adukart Mon, Jan-12-04 09:33

Well I did fine over the weekend, no cheating, but I decided to try the taco salad from Taco Johns, no shell. Well on Sun. morning I was back to 131. So I went back to induction for a couple days and this morning I was at 129 again. Must of been water weight.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

nawchem Mon, Jan-12-04 14:02

I went to the pharmacy today and I used that as an excuse for more lowcarb chocolate. My weight jumped 2 pounds but I was still in ketosis this morning.

Adukart my weight fluctuates up and down. Of course I consider the low to be the correct weight all the other weights are just water retention. I found the glutamate in a supplement with calcium, magnesium, zinc so its one less thing I have to remember to take.

Maybe I should change my cheat to its ok to have AS and choc while pmsing. It kind of counts as illness.

suzzee2003 Mon, Jan-12-04 17:02

LOL Nawchem I have the same problem sometimes!
Welcome Roz
W82Bthin Thanks!
2BAble YEAH almost to goal keep up the good work!
You guys are doing great!
I'm having a good day....Really tired though! Forgot my vitamins....arghhhhhhhhhh!

nursey15 Mon, Jan-12-04 22:27

nawchem, I don't see why once a month you couldn't have them. You weight is going to go up a little around TOM anyway, so you might as well enjoy a little treat around that time, and who knows, it might just make life bearable for those around you too :lol:

nursey15 Mon, Jan-12-04 22:38

ok guys here is our new symbol all done and ready for use lol. Use it just like the old one with changing the numbers.

just cut and paste this one but take out the spaces in the [ img] part

[ IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/becaboos/lowcarb/11.gif[/IMG ]

roz140 Mon, Jan-12-04 23:32

I love it!

Wow, I love it!

nursey15 Tue, Jan-13-04 00:03

wow Roz you are really "challenging" yourself in 2004!! :lol:

There are a few you missed tho!!! :p

Granadino Tue, Jan-13-04 01:20

I just love the new icon!

isn't it cute? thanks for getting it for us :)

Keep working hard on my diet and trying to lose what I put on while sick...

ncwingnut Tue, Jan-13-04 04:02

Hi all!! just checking in.....been gone for a few days....had a BUSY weekend full of teenagers for my son's birthday....lol....no birthday cake for me, though, which was a good thing.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!!

roz140 Tue, Jan-13-04 08:33

I needed some challenges

I decided that joining challenges and posting would help me be more accountable. All these years I have been only cheating myself. I spent alot of time lurking and deciding if I was going to really go for it this time, so I am READY! :yay: :wiggle: :yay:

Lammie22 Tue, Jan-13-04 11:19

Hi everyone!

I just love the new symbol -- it's great!!

nawchem Tue, Jan-13-04 14:38

Well, I fell out of the challenge bigtime yesterday. I to a bday party and an anniversary party and had 2 slices of chocolate cake. It made me feel so sick afterwards.

I'm doing good so far today.

Cheating is not worth it.
I exercised today.
My weight went up 3 pounds (cheat weight and TOM) :(

I will have some chocolate during TOM, so as nursey says we'll all be happy around here.

w82bthin Tue, Jan-13-04 15:40

Can I just say that I love the new sign?:cool:

Hang in there Nawchem, you'll get back on track.:)

Can't wait to weigh in again on Sat. Been cheat free for almost two weeks.. woohoo. 86 days to go....
Have a healthy day.

suzzee2003 Tue, Jan-13-04 18:13

nawchem, I know exactly what you mean about eating something you shouldn't and then feeling sick. It's the sugar! I really do believe that. You are going to be ok. You are very honest and faithful....Don't be so hard on yourself!
Have a Great Day Everyone....See you soon!

CozyCorner Tue, Jan-13-04 18:35

Wow...I love the new challenge logo! Really cute! Thanks for whoever designed it.

nursey15 Tue, Jan-13-04 22:55

that would be Becaboos

why don't you all stop in her journal and say thanks. Would make her day.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...544#post1718544

nursey15 Tue, Jan-13-04 23:03

arrrgh I haven't cheated so far today, and was down another pound this morning, but I'm in one of those snacking moods tonight. Not really hungry just have the urge to eat. I think it's work stress, I donno. I'm no more stressed than usual.

I tried eating some cinn and splenda flavored pork rinds, they were not so great. I got them already made that way in a bag, kinda blah. Drinking water ain't cuttin it tonight. I haven't broken down and had any sf candy. It's not candy I want, it's one of those nights where you can't just quite put your finger on what you want, you just know you want something.

Actully I'm not hungry at all, I made the best BBQ ribs in the crock pot today- got recipe from one of my journal hoppin buddies. OMG is all I have to say. Make your own lc sauce- heavenly, and so nice to come home to a house that smells so good and dinner is there, done waiting on you instead of you waiting on it. It's gonna be a frequently used recipe around here, ranks right up there with the chicken/brocolli bake I made from another journal hoppin buddy. I've made that x2 in 3 weeks. YUMMY!!! lol

funny how I used to love to cook, then stopped when I got divorced. Was to hard living alone. Now I cook everynight again and am having a ball. No cooking for at least 2 nights tho, there are so many left overs in the fridge. Couldn't fit anything else in there if I wanted.

Need to get to bed, but nursing this 5th liter of water down for the day.

nursey15 Tue, Jan-13-04 23:07

oh and BTW- we might have to change websites for the logo, she just put it on her's for now, not sure what that means--semi puter illerate here-- but I'll let you know. Anyone close to 42 days? She only has up to 42 entered. not sure what that means either, but I'm sure she will get us up to 100 lol. Don't know what happens at day 43?

Mims Wed, Jan-14-04 08:59

20 days down!!!! :agree: Hard to believe that it is going by so fast. Can't wait to see the big 100 inside the the new logo, which is great!!!!

Keeping good thoughts for you all.

Mims :rose:

sophotia Wed, Jan-14-04 09:15

Hey all...I decided to join this challenge, really at a friend of mine's request. Before the Holidays she saw how frustrated I was about not losing quickly and plateauing a lot and suggested that I try the cheat free days and put up the icon. I told her that it wasn't necessary, I dont cheat and it wouldnt be inspirational.
Well since I have been on induction and have been absolutely cheat free since Jan 4. (Had some breaded shrimp on the 3rd at Red Lobster...bad girl)

Cheating for me would be:
-Having any breading, flour, sugar or starchy foods
-Tasting and swallowing my children's food.
-Having less than 100oz of water per day

These were my problems areas before my reinduction.
Thanx for making me accountable ladies!!

w82bthin Wed, Jan-14-04 10:25

Welcome Sophotia... and I hear ya about tasting the kids food. :) Now that I don't eat everything the kids do, I've had to learn not to taste their food. If I get any on my fingers even, I rinse them immediately.. I'm afraid one taste will lead to a plate full.:nono:
Have a healthy day all.

nursey15 Wed, Jan-14-04 19:17

Yeah!!! Alicia's here!!!!!!

2B-ABLE Wed, Jan-14-04 22:22

hey all. doin pretty good.. Ive been cheat free so far, and hoping to see another loss on the scale on weigh day as a result!

suzzee2003 Wed, Jan-14-04 22:28

Congradulations 2BAble! Keep up the great work everyone!

roz140 Wed, Jan-14-04 23:48

A tough day

Hi All,

Today was the hardest day I have had so far (10). I guess that isn't many, but I made it without cheating.

I got upset at the principal of my kids school when she dropped in on one of my teacher conferences to tell me that my kids are too loud and too energetic. :rolleyes: ARRRRGGGHHHH. I wish I was energetic. Of course they are both on the high honor roll and none of the teachers had any negative comments, but she wanted to tell me what she has been observing at recess. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I kept my temper and did not argue, as I would have really lost it had I opened my mouth. I was STRESSED when I got home, but I made those sweet eggs with the cream cheese and that seemed to work. I am definitely a stress eater. I need to figure out how not to use food as a pacifier.

Looking forward to a better day tomorrow. I REALLY did want a diet pepsi tonight though.

nawchem Thu, Jan-15-04 12:09

Well after 2 days of crazy pms eating I was back on track yesterday. Can you believe my weight went up 8 pounds? I looked on my fitday and every month my weight spikes the day before my period. Before lowcarb it would be 3 pounds, now its 6-8.

I can't count yesterday as a cheatfree day as I had diet coke, but I feel so much better without the sugar highs and lows.

sophotia Thu, Jan-15-04 16:22

Big challenge today...went to a training that served first donuts and such in the morning and for lunch served some pasta and chicken dish w/ a piece of chocolate cake waiting before us at the table. In the morning ate breakfast beofre I left the house. So no donuts ...only coffee which is fine for me for I only drink it occassionally. And lunch I had the chicken and green beans. I even decided not to eat the salad because it tasted like the italian dressing had sugar in it.

But I guess sometimes that can actually be the easiest situation and the hard ones are the ones U have to deal with at home...at least for me.

Takre care all,

w82bthin Thu, Jan-15-04 22:42

I weighed myself today. I wasn't supposed to weigh in until Sat. Oh well... I lost three more pounds.. :yay: Can someone tell me how to put up the sign that says how many pounds I've lost. I've lost 25 so far and want to let all know. :)
Have a healthy day.

Granadino Fri, Jan-16-04 00:53

Hi w82bthin...

You have to use:

[img ]http://www.berighteous.com/atkins/025.jpg[/img ]

Congratulations! :)

ps.- remember to delete the space after the img.

nursey15 Fri, Jan-16-04 06:35

yeah on the 3 pounds!!!! I've gained 1.5 this week. That sucks. I think I know the culprit, and I listed them out in my journal. NO cheating, just fat and calories have been to high this week-all week. Got a gameplan in mind tho.