Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Mens Club? Anyone? For Support not as an Exclusive club. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86712)

ColbyJax Mon, Mar-03-03 07:42

Wow... lots of guys here who are in the same situation as me.

Good luck guys!

Anybody Mon, Mar-03-03 08:51

holy crap.. colby.. post some before and after pics... 100+lbs gone man.

Anybody Mon, Mar-03-03 08:53

Re: hello

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJohn81

I've been reading through journals, especially the guys', and found a link here in Anybody's journal c/o Donald...

Ahhh Stalker!

pleasure to meet ya. Welcome to the mens club. :)

ColbyJax Mon, Mar-03-03 09:00

I don't have many pics on the computer. Still need to scan them. Here's a temp site I made....

http://colby.homeftp.net/

cartmanis Mon, Mar-03-03 09:58

Wow, those are some nice numbers. Colby, you are almost a perfect example of what I want to see happen for me, similar numbers. And from NS no less :) (originally from NS, Pictou Co.)

Way to go.

Big John, down 25 pounds in 1 week? Wow, that is amazing if I'm reading that right, extremely envious :)

My FATMOVER came on Friday/Saturday, dropped 2.5 lbs. breaking 290 is pretty close now.

Anybody Mon, Mar-03-03 11:24

*hears the air horn blow as more fat is hauled away*

Congrats cartmanis! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Bruce.... brother.. wow.. what a f'ing difference. Congrats man.. you working hard and strong.

Rock? Blues?

ColbyJax Mon, Mar-03-03 12:03

Thanks guys. It wasn't really that hard. Low carbing is the key.

My band plays top 40, and some East Coast Canadian music. (Celtic). Not sure if you've ever heard of Great Big Sea. We play a lot of their stuff.

Anybody Mon, Mar-03-03 12:10

Can't say ive ever heard of Great Big Sea.. but.. that doesnt stop me from going and looking it up. :)

110 lbs in a little over a year. Thats sweet. Going to pop over and check out your journal in a bit.

I work as an MIS Manager. ;)

cartmanis Mon, Mar-03-03 12:41

GBS is great, have a couple of their CD's, though we were mostly into them a few years ago.
Rankins, GBS, Terry Kelly.

Hey, to you play Barretts Privateers :) One of my favourite sing a long songs.

"God D*mn them all, I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold..."

great song.

ColbyJax Mon, Mar-03-03 12:47

Terry Kelly/Bruce Guthrow's bass player joins us on occasion...

Our site is http://merimac.compactaudio.net.

I lost the 110 in 9 Months. Been slowly trying to get back at it recently. Got caught up at Christmas... hehe.

3 Month break was long enough. I didn't gain any, so, so much for the theory of the huge wieght gain if you stop.

BigJohn81 Mon, Mar-03-03 13:02

Quote:
Originally posted by cartmanis

Big John, down 25 pounds in 1 week? Wow, that is amazing if I'm reading that right, extremely envious :)

sorry, I guess that does seem kinda ambiguous...no, 300lbs was my stable weight that I was at for quite some time...I started eating better and lost 25 (took like 6 months) but then plateaued there for quite some time and then last week I started LC...but, affter a week I did lose 6lbs! actually, I don't want anyone else to be confused so I think I'm gonna go change my profile...

hey, congrats on everyone's FATMOVER visit!

MaineDaddy Mon, Mar-03-03 14:17

Big Joh - Colby welcome!

Some impresssive stats for sure Colby. Rock on man! Great pictures too. I'll have to check out your bands site. You sure got the LC thing nailed... if you rock as well as you shed pounds you gotta be good!

Big John glad you found the site when you did. It has been great for me from the very begining.

No weight this weekend I did'nt get a chance to check it at my friends place....no scale in our house per order of dear wife. I have increased all the weights I am lifting and I am seeing my upper body build...first time ever for that. I also ran six miles this weekend. it was nice out so I decided to run a three mile loop. When I finnished I felt good enough to go it again. It was the longest run I have done in over ten years.

MaineDaddy Wed, Mar-05-03 14:35

Yeah thats right 56%

Finaly made it to the scale and I'm down another five lbs !!!!

I'm 10lbs from my mini goal of breaking 200

As soon as I reach that I will begin running every day as well as the weights three or four times a week. I have been eating tons of salads and I think that has helped keep my energy level up.

My wife is starting a modified LC plan and I am in charge of her menu for ten days. I have been starting the day with a big omlett split between us. It is nice to have her joining me. I think she had seen enough of my sucess to get a little jelous! Dropping 25lbs has made a huge difference for me and now she wants to drop 10 for herself.

I saw a good Nike slogan today. They are all real simple but very appropriate.----
"There is no finish line."

I like that one, I had seen it before but it caught my attention today.

cartmanis Wed, Mar-05-03 14:38

And the fatmover dumps a few more pounds. That is great, nice loss.
I can't wait until I can notice a real big difference, look in the mirror and really see something different.

Way to go!

DunkyBoy Thu, Mar-06-03 15:29

Hello All!

OK, I've been on this site since (well actually before) I started LC'ing. It's a great resource for research and I did plenty of research before commiting to the WOL.

Well it's been about 3 months now and I'm near my goal, though the stories of inspriation on this site will be a everlasting motivation for me. People I know in the real world seem to frown upon the diet and don't understand some of the nuances of the diet. For example today one of the guys brought in a big bowl of curry for us all to share, my cube neighbor commented that I probably couldn't have any of it on mi 'diet' and he was going to have my share. I soon dashed to the bowl and heaped on a big pile a curry (a very small amount of rice) and walked right past his cube! I love it!

I've never been on a forum before, I had the image of chatrooms filled with weirdos and dirty old men in raincoats, but this has been a very pleasant surprise. I only found this thread today and it's great to see more views from the man's side. Bruce's stats and pics are inspiration for all of us. It's also good to see some of the alternate motivational tactics, rather than the 'there, there it'll all be better' attitude, more of the 'suck it up and deal with it!' technique.

Well, a quick hello to all of you and keep going, you're all doing fantastically!

Duncan