Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is your favorite work-out video? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47271)

Morgan1974 Mon, Jun-30-03 08:48

<font color="Blue"><B>Being of a more "Mature" age, I can't take a lot of stress on my joints so I chose to do Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away The Pounds." Don't let the title fool you; you definitely work up a sweat and it really works!

She has a 1 mile tape, a 2 mile tape, a 3 mile tape and an Abs tape. If I have a busy day, I pick the 1 mile tape; if I'm semi-busy, I do the 2 mile; if it's a slow day, I do the 3 mile tape. You can fit them into your schedule. I find, for me at least, that consistancy is what works; not killing myself.

I do "Walk Away The Pounds" Monday through Friday and I lift light weights on Tuesday and Thursday. I get weekends to rest my weary bones. I feel great! Oh....I also do crunches and leg lifts 5 days a week!

Morgan :wave:

CantEven Thu, Aug-07-03 11:17

Another vote for Leslie Sansone's: Walk Away The Pounds!

~Danielle

pink Sun, Aug-10-03 02:29

Dear All...

:) I'm happy to report after finally ordering the WAP tapes from amazon.com...they have put me on the road to better health. I have successfully completed twenty-four days of walking away the pounds...six days a week! I have not been able to motivate myself to do any kind of consequtive exercise in years...this is a huge accomplishment for me...no pun intended.

They say...who ever "they" are...it takes twenty-one days to form a habit...from their mouths to G-d's ears. I hope...I pray...this will continue and my motivation will stay with me.

Thanks again to all of you for helping me find and obtain these worthwhile tapes.

:wiggle: THANK YOU, LESLIE! :wiggle:

Love & Light,
Pink :dazzle:

randisue Thu, Aug-14-03 07:32

This may be a stupid question...but how is it your can Walk away the pounds from your living room - or do you literally listen to headsets and walk outside????

I'm interesting in walking, and want to know more about WATP
Thanks-

CantEven Thu, Aug-14-03 09:49

It's a set of two DVDs (or VHS). One DVD has a 1 mile/2mile walk and the other a three mile walk. There are basically four moves: Marching in place/walking, knee lifts, side steps and kicks. Leslie Sansone also incorporates 2lb weight balls for upper body strength. You go at your own pace and can always just stick to marching in place if the rest is too difficult - the beat of the music keeps you at a target heart rate (I wear a heart monitor - it works). Approximate running time: 1 mile = 18min, 2 mile = 30min, 3 mile = 47min.

All you need is a TV and a little space (your basically walking in place. You can purchase her weight balls or use any 2lb (or less) weight with a good grip OR grab two cans of soup or other easily held objects around the house of equal weight depending on your fitness level.

The above DVDs are "Walk Away The Pounds" deluxe 2 pack dvd edition. She has lots of other DVDs. Check out www.lesliesansone.com

Amazon reviews for her older tapes were mixed. it seems she has really grown into being in front of a camera. They say she appeared awkward in her older tapes. Her newer items get great reviews.

~Danielle

jesdorka Thu, Aug-14-03 10:22

i have her older tapes and newer dvd's, i haven't tried WAP 2&3 but plan too. i love her workouts but have a hard time with her yakety yak :rolleyes: so what i have done is play the tape or dvd several times until i can follow the workout and now i just mute her and put on my own upbeat music and have a great workout. i switch out between old and new and throw in richard simmons 'sweating to the oldies' just so i don't get bored :yay:

randisue Thu, Aug-14-03 12:14

As I read the ton of posts on this and other threads I was impressed at the attitude of "get what you need for home" and forget the gym. I love the gym, but it's not in my budget right now.

If I can do low budget things at home, then I can accomplish just as much here as at the gym.

Besides no waiting for a shower, I carry my brand of soap and shampoo, refreshments are free, no worry about personals getting stolen, and my "facility" is very private!!! '-)

Thanks for the update on WATP tapes.

pink Thu, Aug-14-03 15:26

Hey, Randi Sue et al...

I purchased "Walk Away the Pounds" from amazon.com. I believe the total was between $25-$30. The package contained three VHS tapes...one, two and three mile walks plus two weights. The weights are thick vinyl balls to fill with water. She has since come out with a four mile tape also. Today marked my 29th mile! I am thrilled.

Hope you will love them as much as I do. Happy walking.

Love & Light,
Pink :dazzle:

bkloots Fri, Aug-22-03 14:10

Talking my language here! There's a pack of home workout fans over at www.videofitness.com, and I'm one of them. So many videos, so little time!

Right now, I'm into my fourth week of the Beachbody Slim Series, and really enjoy them. Opinions are mixed though on the videofitness forum.

Other favorites:
Bodypump
Christi Taylor (step, floor aerobics)
Cathe Friedrich (step, weights)
Cory Everson "Get Hard Arms"

And that's the tip of the iceberg. :)

Iowagirl Fri, Oct-31-03 13:28

Ok, I'm too lazy to read the last 5 pages so this may have been mentioned - but the Fitprime tapes are great! They are former members of the Firm and take their workouts up a notch. My favorite so far is G-Force...weight training and cardio with a rebounder. Tough! :)

Firmbeauty Sat, Nov-01-03 04:55

:) Hi all

Boy I've been M I A a long time. I do alot of posting on Fitprimes Low Carb and exercise site.

I loved the Firm videos, but since FitPrime, I'd have to say they they are the next best thing to Firm. I really Love Tracy longs videos and Susan Harris. They are very challenging and the music is Great. Heidi Tanner is Awesome in From the Ground Up. Actually most of Fitprimes videos are awesome. They remind me of the older Firm Videos. Seems like the newer firms aren't as challenging as they use to be. Also Anna will be doing 3 video leads for the first time, these are scheduled to be deliverd this month.. I so can't wait.

If none of you have done already, maybe you should check out FitPrimes web page. It's open house for a while. www.fitprime.com :)

Have a great day.

Marie

Jerry M Wed, Jan-07-04 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01
Favorite video, easy....Dorian Yates "Blood & Guts" workout ;)

Yep!!!!!!!

jennifit Thu, Jan-08-04 09:34

Cathe Fridrick

Alot of people have never heard of her. If you are an advanced exerciser then these videos are the best on the market. I have worked out intensely for years mostly at gyms but my life has gotten so hectic it's too hard for me to find the time to get there. These videos are hard!!!!! She has cardio and weight training. I highly recommend them. Even if you are intermediate you should try them and modify it to suit your level of fitness.

Emmsy Mon, Jan-12-04 06:36

I adore Taebo!!! I have lsomething like sixteen workouts now. I do an hour five days a week, and two days a week I do a half hour basic with extra upper body strength training. Taebo is just the most amazing cardio. I have never found an exercise program I'm so excited to do every morning. Usually, my attention span is way to short to attempt any serious fat burning. Just my two cents. Emmsy

Iowagirl Mon, Jan-12-04 09:37

I just bought some taebo - they are good. Which do you have Emmsy? I bought the 4 tapes - instructional, basic, advanced and 8minute workout.