Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lynn is turning in to a Butterfly. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45757)

adnil53 Wed, Mar-05-03 20:41

Lynn I looked at those exercies you asked me to, 'The Matthews Method' They look HARD! But I can see were you think they look a bit like Pilates... I agree. You going to try them?

l_knierim Thu, Mar-06-03 20:07

c1w3d3

Legs

Squats 66lbs 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest
leg ext. 77lbs 6reps 3sets 3 min rest
leg curl 77lbs 6reps 3sets 3 min rest
calf raise 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest
seated calf raise 77lbs 6reps 3sets 15sec rest

It was a great work out. I know I will feel it in the morn. Well off to the shower. Later, Lynn

l_knierim Sun, Mar-09-03 20:13

c1w3d4

Well week 3 comes to a end. I love it. Here is what I did.

Shoulder and abs

shoulder press 56lbs 6reps 3sets
upright row 56lb 6reps 3sets
side raise 9.5lbs 6reps 3sets

rev. crunch 12,10,10
crunch 10,12,10, squeezed butt togther and they where harder to do.
I will start the mathews method on Mon.

Well Ready for week4. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim Tue, Mar-11-03 19:16

c1w4d1, yes that is WEEK4!!!

Well the work outs are going good. I think I will look into this leptin thing. I went on a carb weekend, with out any real reason to do so. Maybe leptin levels low??????????? HUMMMMm......

well her is what I did. I mixed things up just a little, got to keep the ol' bod guessing.

Chest press 78lbs 65 reps 3sets(this was hard, will leave same for next week need to work on form at that weight)

incline press 67lbs 6reps 3 sets (will up a little)

flat flys 35.5 6 reps 1set then changes to incline flys 35.5 lbs 6reps 2sets( I like these alot)

bb curls 45lbs 6reps 3sets

preacher curl 33lbs 6reps,4reps,0reps these where really really hard this time out, but felt good.

Well Iam looking into doing the mathews method for abs.Well off to the shower. Till later lynn

l_knierim Thu, Mar-13-03 19:19

c1w4d2

Well today was a good day work out and food wise. Here is what I did.

Back and Tri's

Close grip bench press 61lbs 6reps 3sets....need to up again

bb tri extention 34lbs 6reps 3 sets... need to up???????

bench dip body weight 6reps 3sets, felt this in my legs aswell, think I will look to make sure Iam doing the right form

bb upright row 83lbs 3sets 5,4,3 reps hard will leave weight same next week

deadlifts 83lbs 6reps 3sets...

I ate hamburger with blue cheese dressing and 2 cups green beans and 1 atkins blueberry muffin right after work out.

Well off to shower then vegg time in front of tv. CSI is on tonight. Lynn

l_knierim Sat, Mar-15-03 18:36

c1w4d3

Did not have time to set up weights so did legs with body weight. I feel like I got a better work out on legs today. Here is what I did.

each was 6reps 3sets 15sec rest(since I was not using weights)

squats
lunges
standing calf raise

Well off to start a fire in the outdoor fire place. it is really nice here today.

I( also did a lot of walking today so that should count too.
Well till Sunday when I finish week 4. Lynn

l_knierim Sun, Mar-16-03 18:49

c1w4d4

Well today ends week 4. WOW I have been working out regularly for 4 weeks, That feels soooo good. Today was shoulders and abs. I did not do my normal work out. Today was about 65 degrees or so, so we where out side doing yard work from 10am till 5pm. I raked and baged 13 bags of wet, nasty leaves. and cleaned the yard and so on. iam useing today has my work out Iam sore from head to toe, I feel every inch of my body was worked.

Well for week 5, i can not wait. Till later,Lynn

l_knierim Tue, Mar-18-03 20:11

c1w5d1

Well today was the start of my week 5. Today was chest and bi's.

here is what I did.

chest press 78lbs 6reps 3sets(better form)

incline press 72lbs 2sets 3reps,2reps ( i could not even do these at this weight, I need to lower it)

incline flys 38lbs 4reps 33lbs 6reps 2sets(had to lower)

standing bb curls 50lbs 6reps 3sets

preacher curls 28lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps last set ( i had to lower these from last week, i was not exstending my arm down enough)

I started the Matthews method abs

scarletto'hara 2reps 20sec hold
spasitc butterfly 2reps
I really need to work on these, I do not think I did them right. I could not seem to hold in my abs to do the movement. I kept letting it out. I will start slow with these.

well Iam off of here.LYnn

l_knierim Thu, Mar-20-03 19:22

c1w5d2

Well I printed out all my exercises the other day to make a book. I found out that I was doing some of them wrong :eek: :rolleyes: .So I have fixed them as of today. Today was Back and Tri's. It was a great work out. I have changed a few things around. Here is what I did.

Incline close grip press 66lbs 3sets 5,5,4. Will leave the same next week

bb tri ext. 33lbs 3sets 6reps each

Bench dips 3sets 6reps each body weight

Bent over row 89lbs 3sets 6,6,3 will leave the same(WOW)

Deadlifts 89lbs 3sets 6,6,5 will leave the same.

I ate 2 cans of Tuna w/mayo and 1 cup green beans

Well off to post in Fitday. Lynn

adnil53 Sat, Mar-22-03 00:48

I'm soooo very proud of you Lynn... I have I told you that? Your doing wonderful... keep it up girl! :thup: :bhug:

l_knierim Sat, Mar-22-03 18:33

c1w5d3

Well today was legs. I have dedided that I like doing the lunges and squats. I will do that for the last 2 weeks of this cycle then I will put the leg extentions and leg curls back in. Here is what I did

lunges
pile squats
standing calf raises

each was 6reps 3sets with body weight.

Mom, thanks for the nice words. Love ya Lynn

adnil53 Sat, Mar-22-03 18:38

Oh, that is sooo cool... I just hate lunges! LOL

l_knierim Tue, Mar-25-03 19:40

c1w5d4

I forgot to post my day 4 that I did on Mon the 24th. I did shoulders and abs

Shoulder press 61lbs 3sets 5,5,4, leave the same

upright row 56lbs 3sets 5,5,6 leave same

side raises 9.5lbs 3sets 6reps

scarlet o'hara 1 20sec hold

spastic butterfly 1 35sec
Iam feeling better about doing them. Well I will do my day 1 ofweek6onWed. My daugther was in a musical at school tonight. Well till Wed. Lynn

l_knierim Wed, Mar-26-03 18:25

c1w6d1

Well today was day 1 of week 6. Iam almost done with my first cycle. Today was chest and bi's. HEre is what I did.

chest press 78lbs 6,5,4
incline press 72lbs 4, 67lbs 4,4
incline fly 33lbs 6,2,4
bb curl 56lbs 5,5,4
preacher curl 23lbs 6,6,3

It was a short work out. I only took 30 sec rest between sets.Well that is all for today.

l_knierim Wed, Mar-26-03 18:32

My plans for cycle 2

Well first off Iam going to add cardio. Iam looking into HIIT. I think that will be good to add with all the weight training.

Iam giving up soda all together
Iam giving up sweetners
Iam giving up even my LC bread.
I will drink 6 liters of water a day.
Get 60 grams of fiber a day
200 protein a day.

Now for my work out

I will change the order in which I do them. SO that way my body has the shock factor. I will also do my Matthews Method abs every other day.IN cycle 1 I think I tried to raise my weight to fast. So cycle 2 I will concentrate on Form more then I did in C1. Iam looking forward to cycle 2. I will take my weight and measurments on day 1. then again 3weeks into then the last week. Iam hopeing to see some real change in this Cycle. Well off to eat. Lynn