Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Missydog's Regimen (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=22715)

fern2340 Fri, Dec-14-01 22:49

Quote:
Originally posted by missydog
I really have a lot of respect for Fern and anybody else who can see a CKD regime through to the end!! I tried, but certain obstacles got the better of me.

Thanks Missy!
I think you are doing GREAT! Lapses happen but all we can do is just start again. The important thing is that you don't let them keep you down. Lately, I haven't had time to lift weights because of school and work, etc etc but I just do what I have to do and then when things clear up, like tonight, I start again.

You are doing great--keep up the good work!!!!!! :)

Linda

missydog Sun, Dec-16-01 15:01

Thanks for visiting my gym log, Fern. You were my original inspiration when it comes to doing a CKD, and even though I've not been succeeding in the spectacular way you have, I feel I've gotten a lot out of what I've done, and I'm continuing to work at it, so I feel very good about things, all in all.

It's Sunday and so far I've done a 40-minute cardio session. Will probably lift weights this evening. Only one more week of work and then I'm off for the Christmas holidays. I'm hoping that means I'll get even more working out done, without all the time constraints of my usual workaday schedule.

YogaBuff Sun, Dec-16-01 18:17

So glad your carb-up day turned out to be Christmas! What a break! :D

YB

fern2340 Mon, Dec-17-01 18:32

Quote:
Originally posted by missydog
Thanks for visiting my gym log, Fern. You were my original inspiration when it comes to doing a CKD, and even though I've not been succeeding in the spectacular way you have, I feel I've gotten a lot out of what I've done, and I'm continuing to work at it, so I feel very good about things, all in all.

It's Sunday and so far I've done a 40-minute cardio session. Will probably lift weights this evening. Only one more week of work and then I'm off for the Christmas holidays. I'm hoping that means I'll get even more working out done, without all the time constraints of my usual workaday schedule.

:) No problem! As long as you feel you get something out of what you're doing, thats all that matters! And I hear you on the Christmas time off. I am off the whole week of Christmas also and I can't wait to have lots of time to work out.
:D

doreen T Mon, Dec-17-01 23:34

hi missydog

Wow, I haven't had the chance to peek into other journals for a while. YOu've sure been busy, and good plans for over the holidays too. I hope your shoulder continues to heal well, you get your strength back quickly and it's forward you go!!!

Doreen

missydog Wed, Dec-19-01 10:14

Well, did my cardio this morning and I have more plans for the day. I'm hoping that on my lunch break I'll get on out to the track stadium here at UCLA to hike the stairs. Then it's weight lifting tonight. I won't make any promises, though, and I'll let you know later how I actually did.

I'm closing in on the "end" of my CKD, which is nominally Christmas Day. Of course, there's never really an end. There will be more work to do, but my original and main goal was to get myself safely through the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and to build a little more fitness and a little less fatness during that period. Yesterday I impulsively went out and bought a "Detecto" brand scale (they make doctors' scales). It's a weight balancing scale like a doctor's scale only it's a little smaller, half-height, to fit into your bathroom. When I put a 10-pound dumbell on it, it says it weighs 10 pounds. I won't actually weigh MYSELF until Christmas Day. I have a spring scale but it consistently weighs me about two pounds light, and while I could have lived with that, I thought I'd like to have a "real" scale. It was an extravagance, but I'm worth it. :cool:

Missydog

kyfaithly Wed, Dec-19-01 12:25

There you are

I found ya, I've been reading your journal and it sounds like you are doing an awesome job. Hope you enjoy your new Detecto scale!!

:wave: See ya lighter!

missydog Wed, Dec-19-01 12:33

Ky,

Thanks for visiting my gym log! I've been enjoying this CKD regimen, even though I've been on and off it quite a bit. It has kept me out of trouble during the month of December. I would hate to think what would have happened to me had I not been doing it, LOL!

Missydog

missydog Wed, Dec-19-01 15:46

Stats update

I just updated my stats to reflect what I weighed at the doctor's a couple of weeks ago (don't know exactly what I weigh now and don't want to know, yet). My scale at home was weighing me two pounds light. So I actually weigh a little more than I thought. At the same time, that means I started out even higher than I realized, and I've changed that figure, too. The truth shall set you free.

Missydog

doreen T Wed, Dec-19-01 15:53

The truth shall set you free, but first it shall make you miserable.

The actual number is less relevant than the fact it's shrinking :thup: I'm in 100% agreement with you though .. an accurate scale is worth the peace of mind. Too frustrating when there's inconsistent readings from day to day.

Keep up the good work :)

Doreen

missydog Thu, Dec-20-01 10:32

Running out of gas

Well, I have to admit my energy (whether it's psychic or physical I'm not sure) is ebbing today. I'll be glad to make it to Christmas Day without overeating and I'm going to allow myself to do some easy exercise such as just walking around town on my lunch hour and the like. If my enthusiasm returns I'll go at the exercise harder, but I seem to be winding down about now. There will be new energy in the future, and new CKD's, I'm sure of that. The exercise seems to have made a big difference in my body, a much bigger difference than just low-carbing alone (I don't know exactly what I weigh, but I've lost inches in these last few weeks).

I'm taking off for the Christmas holiday now and I wish everyone on this great website a wonderful Winter Solistice, a Merry Christmas and a New Year of low carb health and happiness!

Missydog

missydog Wed, Jan-02-02 17:29

Happy New Year!

Well, hello everyone. I have a very sad and shameful tale to tell. :( I have not accomplished any of my goals for this past month of December. Oh, I lost a few pounds and did a couple weeks of heavy exercise, but then I had surgery and a ragged personal life and a bum left leg and before I knew it I wasn't exercising AT ALL, and I started eating junk again as Christmas got closer and so in the end I'm back to square one. And not only that, I'm now so DOWN on the whole idea of heavy exercise :eek: that I don't even know where I'm going to start to pick myself up and try again. I'm so ashamed in front of all the good people who encouraged me along the way that I just wanted to disappear from this board, but I'm afraid if I did that I'd really be out in the cold and even LESS inclined to get back to eating right and exercising and doing all the things I know I must do. So please accept this big confession and let me get on with things. I'm still convinced low-carb is the way to go. I'm looking forward to hearing from people and reading journals, as the new year begins.

Missydog :o

fern2340 Wed, Jan-02-02 17:45

Keep your head up Missydog!

Everyone has little downfalls now and again! No one is here to criticize you, we're all here for support!!! :) So, here I am! I started a CKD yesterday and I know whichever plan you choose, you can do it!!! Best of luck to you and don't be too hard on yourself!!!

Linda

itsjoyful Wed, Jan-02-02 17:47

you are not alone

I'm so on the same page as you are. it's comforting to know that I am not alone. not that I'm happy about where you are, but.... well... you know what I mean.
I know how hard it is to pick yourself up, but from what I have followed, you'll do it with flying colors.
keep your chin up!
regards,
Brenda

numberonewendy Wed, Jan-02-02 17:53

Oh Missydog,

Surgery would naturally cause you too feel like crap. Don't worry you have come a long way. One day at a time girl.

tis a new year too :D