Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Firming Up.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=196667)

A~Hope~ Sat, Jul-09-05 13:54

Let's see. Another plan of action. I have been feeling so very down for the last week. Every aspect of my life is just feeling really....I don't even know what word I want. I just feel so bummed all the time. I wanted so much to be at a noticeable loss when I went back to work in Aug. Now I am bouncing around between a plateau and a gain. I have only 5 weeks left to make a difference.

I think I am going to borrow a plan from Val's journal and come up with some points for myself. These are the things I want to accomplish every day. I am going to try to cut and paste, and if I go above and beyone, I will bold them.

EARLY AM WO
~3 m walk ~ 5 am
~6:30 am workout (as soon as dh leaves for work)
**This is M-F only, w/the exclusion of being out of town the night before.

AM WO
~The Firm
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms
~2 mile walk with the kids

PM WO
~TBD
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

I had really started to make a dent the first few weeks. Then things started to fizzle despite my efforts. If I am not going to lose, I would at least like to see a change in inches/body composition. I also really need to get some discipline back in my life. I used to be so disciplined and I need to get back to that place.

So, here's to the next 5 weeks....

A~Hope~ Sat, Jul-09-05 13:55

Saturday

AM WO
~The Firm~Cardio :thup:
~8 Min Abs :thup:
~8 Min Arms :thup:
~2 mile walk with the kids/ 20 Min Step Aerobics w/4# weights :thup: (instead)

PM WO
~The Firm~Aerobics :thup:

A~Hope~ Sun, Jul-10-05 16:49

Sunday

Nothing. Nada. Not a damn thing.

I am having a pissy, crabby, grumpy kind of day. John will be gone for about 5 days straight. I am looking forward to it.

A~Hope~ Mon, Jul-11-05 12:46

Monday

**Didn't go at all as planned. Not even going to bother cutting and pasting. Ross is here, so today is just plain off. Tomorrow I will be subbing....

So, today:
2 m walk
20 Min step aerobics

**Started storming...no walk.

A~Hope~ Tue, Jul-12-05 17:26

Tuesday

Nope. Nothing. Subbed today. Will definitely have a better day tomorrow.

A~Hope~ Wed, Jul-13-05 09:42

Wednesday

AM WO
~The Firm /DA--Ultimate Fat Burner (substituted, this one is just as tough) :thup:
~2 mile walk w/Nick & Bailey :thup:

PM WO
~20 Min Step Aerobics w/4# weights :thup:
~8 Min Arms :thup: :thup: (Yes, did it 2x in a row).

A~Hope~ Thu, Jul-14-05 08:33

Thursday

AM WO
~The Firm
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

PM WO
~TBD
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

**I WANT TO SEE 208 TOMORROW! :cheer:

Ack....What can I say? Things change? Today didn't really go as I would've liked. Got a call from Heather about her new job...talked to her through most of Nick's morning nap. And as I know, if I don't get my intense workout in right away in the morning, I have a terrible time doing it. Was -this close- to not working out at all, but then realized how little I have lost in the last 4 weeks and managed a (very low energy) workout. I felt great this morning, but then I think talking to Heather and my late night catching up with me brought me down. So here goes....

~35 Min Step Aerobics (15 min w/2# weights)
~1.5 M walk (I will probably remember this as the day I had to pee so bad I was digging through the stroller hoping to find something to use as TP so I could go along the road) :rolleyes:

A~Hope~ Fri, Jul-15-05 08:17

Friday

:thup: AM WO
~The Firm~Cardio Burn (w/abs) :thup:
~2 mile walk with Nick & Bailey :thup:
**I think I actually jogged about 1/4 M. Wanted to cut the time a bit and didn't want Nick to get grumpy. This is amazing because I am a lousy runner.

PM WO
~The Firm~Cardio Burn (no abs) :thup:
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

*I did not do these 2. I did the abs for The Firm....
~35 Min Step Aerobics--15 Min w/4# weights (Added this one)
**Did this about 9 pm, skipped the "8 Min"...thought aerobics would be better.
***No 2nd walk, just bad timing.

:cheer: I am feeling so ambitious today. :p Not sure why. John called last night (3 times :lol: ) to tell me he won his race (in SD)--all 3 calls were after midnight. Guess he was a little excited. Anyhow, I thought I would be tired today but I am feeling great. Just waiting for Nick to get up to go for a walk. :roll:

:agree: Editing to say: Mid-day weigh in was 209.5 (I know, I know--I shouldn't do that, but I just couldn't resist). So I am hoping/sure that there will be a drop tomorrow.
Had a great 2nd workout. Rarely can I do The Firm 2x in one day, but it's just such a gorgeous day, and I am in a great mood. :cool:
When Nick wakes up, I think I am going out for another walk. :sunny:

A~Hope~ Sat, Jul-16-05 08:13

:cheer: Yes, did it--208 today, just 3# to make my b-day goal! :cheer:
AM WO
~The Firm
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

PM WO
~TBD
~8 Min Abs
~8 Min Arms

ttc#2 Sun, Jul-17-05 10:31

Looks like you are doing great with your workout points!

Congrats on the 208.

BTW, I always weigh right before I go to bed because I know I won't weigh anymore than that when I wake up. I also weigh just about everytime I go to the potty, since the scale is in the bathroom.

A~Hope~ Sun, Aug-28-05 09:40

Well, I am going to try something different now that I am going back to work. I am making morning workouts my goal. No small task. Since Monday mornings are, by nature, crappy :D I am going to make that my "easy" morning.

I figure if I cut and paste this formula and do it in a weekly format, it'll save some time.

So, here goes....

A~Hope~ Sun, Aug-28-05 09:44

Week of August 29th-September 5th

Monday~
DA Step & Sculpt 20 Min
8 Min Abs & Arms 16 Min

Tuesday~
The Firm~Cardio Burn w/abs 55 Min
8 Min Arms

Wednesday~
The Firm~Aerobics 45 Min
8 Min Abs & Arms 16 Min

Thursday~
The Firm~Sculpting 45 Min
8 Min Abs & Arms 16 Min

Friday~
DA UFB~40 Min
8 Min Abs & Arms 16 Min

Saturday~
Choose that AM

**This is going to be a tight squeeze to try to get the workout in by 6 if I get up at 5. I loathe the thought of getting up before 5, even by 15 min because to me, anything before 5 AM is still night time. We'll see how it goes. I just may have to get up at "night" to squeeze it in.

A~Hope~ Thu, Sep-22-05 13:36

Ok, let's start with walking instead! :lol:

M~1.2
T~1.2
W~4
T~0
F~
S~
S~

Total for the week

A~Hope~ Sat, Dec-17-05 14:43

Just playing around with a few numbers for after the holidays.

My weight is creeping upward right now due to all the eating out. I am hoping to start working out while on Christmas break so that I will be in the habit by the new year.

I am hoping that by New Years my weight will be about 210 and by the time John leaves for AZ I would like to be around 205. If I could lose 8-10# in the 2+ weeks that he is gone I could be at 195. A high number of lost pounds to shoot for, but I have done it before. Anyhow, just wanted to write that down to see where I stand....

A~Hope~ Tue, Jan-03-06 16:18

Didn't get started off on the right foot....

Well, so much for that. The flu left me ravenous...and very unmotivated. Was at 217.5 today. I have barely gone past 212 since June, so that is very, very bad. However, I am expecting TOM w/in the next 2 days and I am hoping that after TOM and decarbing, I'll drop a good 5# in no time.

Wanted to get started on induction the day after Christmas, New Year's Day at the latest...but here I am Jan 3rd and finally getting there.

Got a work out in. Not much, but it's a start:
40 min Step aerobics (20 in AM/20 in PM)
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms