Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Cheating in May Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182174)

missaec Sun, May-09-04 19:25

addictmeHM, you need to remember to count each serving of sweetener as 1 carb. Though they say no carbs, they can still affect your blood sugar. So don't overdo the diet soda. ;-)

gachic05 Sun, May-09-04 19:35

Did everyone have a good mother's day? Fight the cravings? I had baked a chocolate cake for my mother.... oh my did I want a piece. I think if I were to have a piece, I'd engulf the whole thing and she would be presented with a pan haha. But I survived. I know I am really commited when I can pass on all of my favorite foods.

addictmeHM Sun, May-09-04 20:31

YaY! *dances around happily* I made it through my FIRST cheat free weekend. I feel so good about myself right now, I can do this. I know it ! 3rd times a charm, it really is. :D :D

doreen T Sun, May-09-04 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictmeHM
I'm just trying to make it through the weekend! I am fighting cravings like hell at the moment... every other weekend before this i've ended up eating sweets and falling from ketosis and my induction, thus having to start over. If I can make it through just this one time it will make me stronger and be able to for the rest of the weekends to come. So i'm using diet sodas to get me through, keep the flavors coming but have no guilt about it. Hm... I think i'll cut the sodas for the next couple days after today though. It will be easy since it's back to the weekday.

hi there,

I found that having a not-too-hot cup of green tea or herbal tea really helps in the evening. Cold drinks just make me crave more. Don't want it blazing hot either .. just nice sipping temperature. Somehow it's soothing and calming.

Just a thought :idea:

Doreen

DoinItLC Mon, May-10-04 15:38

Hi, Everyone! I'm new here at the boards and I've had a bad LC month so far. So, I'd like to join you guys and say, "No *MORE* cheating in May for me!" Things were going along sooo well! I'd even gotten off a 2 month stall 2 weeks ago and lost 2 pounds in ONE week (been doing Atkins for 6 months now). I was so happy...and then what did I do but try to DROWN myself in sugar! I could just kick myself. :( I've blown it again today ... but I'm going to finish the day being a good girl and tomorrow starting Induction all over again.

Sorry for the rant....but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. LOL I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

TitianWasp Tue, May-11-04 12:33

I will do it. 9 days on the plan and 9 days cheat free. What about hidden carbs though - got socked with a few of those both weekends? My biggest cheat is eating too much. Too much of the right stuff, but too much never the less. Glad to support and be supported.

Paris Tue, May-11-04 13:36

Still cheat-free due to low-carb ice cream. I :rheart: that stuff!

addictmeHM Tue, May-11-04 13:41

Going strong, cheat free! Way to go everyone still hangin' in there ! :D

gachic05 Tue, May-11-04 17:31

I'm still cheat free and feeling great! No cravings and no thoughts about bad food.

missaec Tue, May-11-04 18:37

Still cheat free. Though having cravings.

Kristine Tue, May-11-04 21:29

Cheat free here, too. :cool: In fact, I'm getting a whole whack of bloodwork done in the morning, including a lipid profile, so no food of any kind for me! Wah. I'm really hungry right now, too. :daze:

Paris Wed, May-12-04 07:21

I spoke too soon yesterday. I had both sugar and flour in the evening... I am back on the wagon today. :D

DoinItLC Wed, May-12-04 07:25

No cheating for me yesterday! :D

doreen T Wed, May-12-04 07:49

Unhappily, Monday was a really busy, all-round stressful day. I ended up sinking back to my old bad habit of skipping breakfast, just swigging black coffee till the afternoon when I realised I was starving. Then I ate a huge dinner and ended up snacking and nibbling all night. It was LC stuff ... cheese, peanut butter, yogurt .. but still too much food before bedtime. It affected my sleep too. :(

Yesterday and today, I'm back on track. Hope everybody's having a good week and stay the course!!! :rose:

Doreen

crysania Wed, May-12-04 08:42

just checking in, still hanging in there :)
even with the girl i work with munching constantly on stuff.. bad enough that I have to see it but smell it too .. she is so cruel somtimes lol