Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   group for those wanting to lose 20lbs by jan 1! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145579)

AFwife Wed, Nov-12-03 10:04

Check in

Bubu..........................170/169/Total loss = 1
Mossygyrl...................148/Total Loss = 0 (ick)
Nicolegwen.................121/Total Loss = 0
Optimize.....................161/Total Loss = 0
Heatherelo...................171/Total Loss=0
Fishmonkey..................162/Total Loss=0
TamiOrr........................200/Total loss=0
Rosemam......................145/Total loss=0
Rachelle....................... 140/138 Total Loss= 2
Lily...............................280/275 Total loss=2 (5 since November 5) :thup:

:angel: HeatherElo, sorry to know about your Dad. My prayers go out to you and your family. I lost my Dad 10 years ago. I feel your pain.

Lily

Oh and I could only get 5 minutes in on my Elliptical. Haven't used it in a while and I got tired. Gonna bump it up to 10 minutes tomorrow. :yay:

ricky47 Wed, Nov-12-03 10:30

status quo has got to go....

I can relate to heatherelo - my husband & workout buddy - both dropped out on me - tell me that I look good enough. And 5#'s in 10 weeks (6") is good enough. I can get to my goal weight in a year or so. It's only 20 #'s!!!! I believe it will be slow, but this is ridiculous. Oh yeah, they said - it will give my skin time to shrink back....I've not only got my own mental demons giving me excuses - but my atkins partners (who feel they "are doing enough." ) are undermining my commitment.

I run into quite a few people on locarb lately, and it amazes me that they can read the same book and not get the correct information. For example, they will eat a whole can of olives or sardines because "they are on the list" or 2and 3 locarb candy bars and don't count them in the 20 carb induction phase. Hell, I count the creamer I put in my decaf coffee.Get real...Enough of my stammering.

The status quo may be comfortable but it is not acceptable. The program worked before, and it will work again. Got to get into ketosis. Wish me luck, because I really can't look at another hard boiled egg for breakfast.

arnie Wed, Nov-12-03 10:44

Can I join?

I'm two weeks behind but i'd love to join your group. My aspirations are to be 10-15lbs lighter by Jan. 1! I've been lowcarbing for awhile, but i've decided to try Atkins again. I'm waivering on whether I should start with induction or not. Can someone give me feedback before I make my decision?

Thanks,
Arnie

AFwife Wed, Nov-12-03 10:52

My suggestion is, if you want this plan to work you need to start with Induction. You need to detox.

Welcome to the gang.

Lily

HeatherElo Wed, Nov-12-03 12:29

Hi Arnie--
Atkins diet and low carbohydrate diet discussion provided free for information purposes, NOT as medical advice.--just kidding!
So you're asking for advice. I agree that the Induction Phase is a great way to cut the cravings and jump start. The challenge for me was not the 1st Induction --it was easy, novel and exciting! The tough thing is to return to it. The novelty isn't there but luckily the results are there for the grabbing. Think 14 days and go for it!

HeatherElo Wed, Nov-12-03 12:38

Hi Ricky--It is tough to lose your supporters like that. I was one of those people who wanted to low carb my way. It was an okay start--good not to be eating bagels. Yet "something" was still amiss. Can you say total daily carb count anyone? :read: But reading and following the book is key. Dr. Atkins knew how to get results. There is a list but it is not a free for all!

HeatherElo Wed, Nov-12-03 12:51

:read:

HeatherElo Wed, Nov-12-03 13:27

AF Wife--
Thanks for your condolences.

Also, nice to see someone else from outside of the USA. I live in Venezuela!

AFwife Wed, Nov-12-03 13:44

No problem. Hang there it gets better after awhile but you never forget how much you miss them.

I'm sure he's watching over you now.

Take care,

Lily

ricky47 Thu, Nov-13-03 06:39

Nothing is free

Old ben franklin was right, everything in moderation- can't go hog wild with any one thing.
Just tried my 1st locarb bars. Yuck...Really have a problem with CARBORITE carmel bars, cramped up, had the runs thought I was getting the flu until I read the ingredients - Watch out for Malitol - I think its a baby laxative and baby did it get me. Guess it's the doc A telling me to stick with stuff I make myself. There is a real big trend for marketers to target us now...tapping the locarb market. Even Miller Lite is fighting Michalob (sp) for our dollars. Buyer beware.
Got through the 2nd day of induction and here is where it gets hard.Start missing the munchies at 7pm. (Tryng to not put anything in my mouth after 7) and Am trying L-Tyrosine for craving reduction. Anyone with an trick, let me know.

AFwife Thu, Nov-13-03 06:46

Oh I know how you feel. I just drink up on my water if I feel a craving come along. It fills me up and then there isn't room for the cheats.

Good Luck.

Lily

HeatherElo Thu, Nov-13-03 08:21

Ricky, thanks for the report on the packaged lowcarb foods. I really have felt that I was missing out because I am outside of the US and do not have these things available to me. Yet if I want to do this right, I should be living more like a cave woman than a 21st century snack queen, right? So maybe it is good that I am au naturale--I am sure that cave folks were not scarfing Malitol laced chocobars! Okay so I am trying to be all natural and such but I would kill a clansman for an ice cream maker! The only one sold here is a Barbie Toy with a pink/purple cranking arm--not happening. So my treats are limited to diet jello which I can get and cream, also available. I guess I will try all the Atkin's frozen desserts in my dreams.

fishmonkey Thu, Nov-13-03 09:27

Fishmonkey..................162/162 Total Loss=0
Rachelle....................... 140/138 Total Loss= 2
Lily...............................280/275 Total loss=2 (5 since November 5)

My sincerest condolences Heatherelo. Staying healthy is admirable during such a tough time.

I was out of town unexpectedly and I guess I ate too many cashews--no gain though so I'll keep on the elliptical and stick to the plan.

I'm also out of the country and don't have access to low-carb specialty foods. If I had low-carb beer I'd be one happy camper!

Keep up the good work everyone and sorry I was late posting!

Rachelle Thu, Nov-13-03 12:05

Fishmonkey..................162/162 Total Loss=0
Rachelle....................... 140/137 Total Loss= 3
Lily...............................280/275 Total loss=2 (5 since November 5)

Hey guys... forgot our weighin day was monday... i am sorry... i did lose that one more lb by monday though... so i'm safe...

Hope everyone else is doing well...

How do you guys get motivated to exercise?? I can't for the life of me... i watched the windsor pillates for dummies... i was winded just watching them...
I am soooooooooooooooooooo lazy... i do alot of walking at work though... i know that just doens't count...
HELP!!!

AFwife Thu, Nov-13-03 12:09

Oh man, wish I could help with the exercise thing. I'm so lazy! But occasionally like yesterday, I have this burst of energy that I just have to get rid of cause I can't sleep otherwise. So, I jump on my Elliptical and away I go. Really fast paced music really gets me going to. Which is why my husband won't let me hear it while driving, I tend to drive a little too fast if I do.

Lily