Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   HARDKORE Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141468)

Trainerdan Mon, Oct-20-03 07:49

Red, thanks for the compliment.

For cardio, I usually just ride a stationary bike that I have at my house. Sometimes on the days I am off from work I go to the gym for my AM cardio and use the elliptical trainer. Nothing exciting ... I used to do intervals/HIIT, but I seem to get better results with LSD training (long slow duration) for cardio.

Doing it in the morning gets it out of the way, and I think it burns more fat. At least I feel that way.

Hol Mon, Oct-20-03 18:23

Hi,
Well this week I really tried hard and I lost 2 pounds. Even in the Island of homemade candy (fudge) I did not slip up. I walked miles. I thought I would be down more but a friend reminded me that when I do measurements next week see if I lost inches. I am still burning ketones a cording to the keto stix. I us that to make sure I am still on track. I am sorry this is late but due to being out of town better late than never. Holly

korry1977 Mon, Oct-20-03 21:48

Thats cool... I hope everything is going good for everyone this week...

Have a great one,
Korry

korry1977 Mon, Oct-20-03 21:50

Did 20 MAS earlier this morning... had a miller lite beer this evening... total of 6 -8 g Carbs.. not bad.. but found out dont really care for beer anymore... and the smoky area just plain stinks... LOL

Have a great one everyone,
Korry

senimoni Mon, Oct-20-03 22:18

Hope its not to late to join.

I haven't measure myself in awhile, so I'll have to get some tape and update with that information later.

Goals
Weight - Kinda hard to say, ideally 10-12 lbs lost, but my focus is in the gym and adding muscle so I won't be too upset if I don't hit this

I mostly want to focus on BF% and inches lost.
BF % decrease from 29% to 24% (Is that realistic)
Inches lose at least 3 inches on my waist.
LBs decrease from 161 to 150
Workout - Lift 4 days a week, Cardio 2 days, not including tennis.

I'm rambling, but that is the jist of it. I will report my weight and inches weekly, but bodyfat I get measured at the gym,most likely once a month.

korry1977 Tue, Oct-21-03 09:22

Welcome senimoni...

Please read the first two pages of this thread to get a good idea (I recommend the entire 6 pages) on what this challenge is all about... If you still want to join after that, then jump in the challenge...

Have a great one,
Korry

red1cutie Tue, Oct-21-03 13:36

Hi hardcorers! I did LBW today, took me 42 minutes. I really felt those squats and deadlifts. My legs were still a bit sore from my last LBW.
Quote:
For cardio, I usually just ride a stationary bike that I have at my house. Sometimes on the days I am off from work I go to the gym for my AM cardio and use the elliptical trainer. Nothing exciting ... I used to do intervals/HIIT, but I seem to get better results with LSD training (long slow duration) for cardio.
Do you increase your protein/calories/carbs when you add the extra afternoon cardio or do you remain at the same level?

Hope everyone is sticking to their plan.

Remember Christmas is in 64 days. :wave:

Peace
red

Trainerdan Wed, Oct-22-03 05:44

The added afternoon cardio on Fridays is done as a final depletion before my carb-up starts. When I am done my weight training on Friday, I do cardio. Then, I start my carb-up for the weekend.

When I increase it over the course of the program, I don't normally increase by intake ... but then again, I usually go by how my body feels. I stickto my schedule, but if my body is hungry between meals, I eat (usually cottage cheese or 1/2 a protein shake) ...

The only time alter my base menu calorie intake is when I register a LBM increase ...

Trainerdan Wed, Oct-22-03 05:49

So far so good this week, except I missed AM cardio this morning (I'll get it in tonight).

I forgot how "fun" it is to workout with low carbs. I played 2 quick games of basketball yesterday, and my legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs. each ...

Oh, and I have been in the bathroom at least 20 times each day. I expect that most of the glycogen-held water is gone by now. LOL.

becky160 Wed, Oct-22-03 11:11

Hummmm....I just stick to my Pilates work out and do some walking....Maybe I joined the wrong thread.....

Trainerdan Wed, Oct-22-03 12:17

No no Becky. I NEED to do all of that to get the results I want.

It's all a matter of what works for YOUR body. It's all relative.

Hol Wed, Oct-22-03 19:51

Ok I have a few questions (they maybe dumb) When do you do carb-up and how is it none? Does it help with weight loss? You'll have to forgive me I am new to the lingo and the diet, so I don't know all the tricks. Thanks Holly

korry1977 Wed, Oct-22-03 21:52

Maybe you should check out the CKD 101 thread... Here is the link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=16165

Hope this helps,
Korry

korry1977 Thu, Oct-23-03 11:10

LOL,

I started my cardio back up consistently these week, after 2 weeks of sitting on my butt...

Hoping to see some improvement on Friday...

Have a great one,
Korry

P.S. Did 20MAS this morning... Hit a "10" and sustained for a minute (finally!)

becky160 Thu, Oct-23-03 13:27

Need info, Please......

TrainerDan,

I have seen that you have published a book!

Great! Sorry, haven't read it!

But I have one question:

Since I started refeeding once every two weeks, my weight loss is speeding, and I feel great.
I do not do it the CKD Way. I only have 1 meal for dinner, for max. 60 minutes.
consisting of High GI foods, and Complex carbs, low fat and low Protein. Next day I am back to induction, and on the 2nd day, my Ketositicks turn out purple and lasts until my next refeed, 16 days after.

Is it ok, for a person who is slightly active and on Atkins, to do this refeeding?

Why does it work for some people and not for other?

Thank you for taking your time on aswering me.

See you! :wave: