Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   BREAK THE 220lbs (100 kgs) BARRIER!!! JOIN US (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136335)

wabi_sabi Fri, Sep-26-03 14:41

Becky, I'm sorry to hear that times are tough for you. Europe is a place I've still not been - perhaps bcause of the cost of living! You sound like you're resolve is strong and you're taking care of what you know you can. Ana is right about that.

I guess I'm also technically unemployed. I haven't had an official job since I've been back in Australia (almost 4 months). But, fortunately, I can do some supply teaching. It's good money when it is there - but it is day-to-day. Right now the kids are on holidays, so that means no work - which means no money. However, I am living at home for the time being, so that makes things a whole lot cheaper. But, I'm taking your approach and saying that it will be a great time for me to have a bit more control over my weight. My mother is taking a semi-carb-modified approach, too. So, that can make it easier that I don't have to fight off all the nasty carb-filled foods in the house.

I DRANK 5L of water yesterday! My goal is 4 per day - but I had reached that by just after lunch. So, the other litre was incidental. Also, I didn't have even ONE diet soft drink. Just water - all day! That's my toot - and I'm proud of it. I also had a really good eating day yesterday. However, still cant budge that extra weight I gained. But, I'll stick with it for the week and see what happens then.

In spite of everything, you girls are so positive and affirming. Keep that attitude and you'll be a lot closer to finding what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Wabi

p.s. Welcome Deb. Congrats on breaking the barrier. Good luck on the next one.

becky160 Fri, Sep-26-03 14:53

You guys are the BEST!!!! :heart: :heart::heart::heart: and your support and help means a lot to me.
We are supporting each other in such a nice way. To be good on the outside we also have to be good in the inside, and this thread is helping a lot to acomplish that. We speak out our frustrations, happiness, ilusions...goals, and is so wonderful to receive such positive inputs from all of us.

Wabi: you see, you could do it!!!! You had 5 liters of water.!!! this is really great! Soon you will find out that you will not be able to stop drinking it!!! :wiggle:

Talk to all of you soon.

bye bye...Have a wonderful Saturday.

cwbydeb Fri, Sep-26-03 16:43

Thank you all for the welcome. I will take this post as an introduction of myself....

Deb, 32, will be 33 next month (sigh)
Married for 14 years to a wonderful man. We have 2 kids, son is 13 and Daughter is 10 next month.

I live 40 miles from Los Angeles. It is hotter than heck today and the smog is so bad you can't see the mountains. We are hoping that in 2 years we'll move back east to be closer to my family. We are thinking about moving to Arkansas, funny name but the place is cleaner and about 25 years behind California in smog and crime.

I work only 95 hours a month. I am an Independent Living Skills Instructor for the handicapp. I teach handicapped adults how to live in the community in on their own, how to clean their homes and do their grocery shopping. It is often a stressful job and I have been hating it for the last 2 months, but it helps with the bills.

I will write more later. It was nice meeting all of you.

wabi_sabi Sun, Sep-28-03 15:43

Well - water works wonderfully. I'm back down to 101.0kg. I took off my glasses and watch to try to get it below the 101 mark, but no go. Do you ever find yourself doing that?

So, I don't think I'll make it below 100 before the end of the month (not that I have quit trying), but I am hoping to at least make it back to my low weight of 100.7kg. (That's another thing, I won't shift my weight in my stats upward, so I know when I put on, I have to work really hard to take it off again, so that I'm not fibbing about my weight, lol!) For the next couple of days, I'm also going to cut the nuts out of my diet and will see if that helps.

I haven't heard from you guys in a while. I hope that means all is going well for you. What's your latest vice/favourite recipe? Mine is mashed cauliflower with a little sour cream and butter. I even had it for breakfast yesterday. It's hard to believe it's not mashed potato!

becky160 Sun, Sep-28-03 17:09

Hello!!!

I am glad to hear that the water intake is helping you lots. I know that is not confortable to be goign to the bathroom all of the time, but it is really worth to drink it. Is free, and is good for our health!

Yesterday I went out for a hamburger (no bun) and it tasted just delicious!!!
also my DH and I went to the movies and had a blast.
Today my head is in Mexico. A mayor event is about to take place in about an hour...I donīt know if I should say what is going to happend...I just know that my entire family will be pretty stressed for the next 9 weeks, there will be alot of people speculating, speaking bad of my step sister, and I am reaaaaally stressed and worried . I have been smoking like a chemeney all day long.

I am also dissapointed because my weight has been fluctuating between 224 and 223 pounds for the past week. I just hope that the whoosh fairy comes and helps me out. :wiggle:

Deb: Why are you hating your job so much for the past 2 months?

I know is hard to cross the 100kg barrier. This is the reason why I made this thread. Hopefully soon we will all be speaking about this in past tense. I can`t wait to see that happening!!!! :wiggle:

anacecilia Mon, Sep-29-03 19:01

Hi Guys ! How is everyone doing? I just put by babies to sleep and decided to say hello to you all.
Becky: I just loved the butterfly thing ! Soooo cute !
I had a pretty busy weekend and my water intake was very low, so I probably haven't lost anything even though I never went off-track : (
Tomorrow I'll finally have my IUD inserted and I'll say good-bye to my bc pills. I have been on them for the past 12 years, except for my two pregnancies. I'm sure it will feel terrific to stop taking that hormone everyday. I'm hoping it will help with the weight loss too...

cwbydeb Mon, Sep-29-03 19:20

Good evening all!

Just wanted to drop by.... I have been doing really well staying on plan. My keto sticks are a dark purple.... by haven't lost anything this week. I have been following induction to the letter since last friday. But nothing.... I am hopeful!

As for my hating my job.... it is very stressful at times. And I work very closely to a handicapped woman who is 33 with a 1 year old baby. She has very bad CP (not sure how to spell....but here goes... cerberal palsy) and is confined to a wheel chair. The hard part is..... it doesn't matter what anyone says to her she twists it and takes it as they are trying to get at her. Everyone hates her and is mean to her ALLLLLL the time! It just gets tiresome having to watch my back all the time so I don't lose my job. Enough of that for now!

Well, I am off. How is everyone else doing? I haven't gotten everyones names and such yet... But I will! Take care!

becky160 Mon, Sep-29-03 19:55

Guess what girls?
I found this online page where you enter your measurments and it calculates your LBM and BFC and keeps track of your measurements and has a graph where it shows your changes!

go to www.mybodycomp.com, open an account, measure yourself and there you go.

We can just post a link in our signature so we can all see the changes in the measurements, BFC (Body Fat Composition). What do you think?

Take a look and enjoy!
:yay:

wabi_sabi Mon, Sep-29-03 20:24

I've got a couple of profiles at mybodycomp.com
It's funny you mention it because I'd just updated mine today. I'm really sorry I didn't take my measurements when I started as I am sure I lost a lot of cm in my first month. Today is the 3 month mark for me and while nothing has been drastic in the last two months, I'm still happy with my progress. I figure any weight not going on is a good thing!

However, when I tried to paste the link of my profile and send it to my friend it didn't work because it was asking for login details. So, I'm not sure how we'd share those. Ideas, Becky?

These were my latest results (I jut copied them and pasted them in):
Age - 31
Sex - F
Height - 72.01 in (1.83 m)
Weight - 222 lbs (100.90 kg)
Neck - 14.07 in (35.75 cm)
Shoulder - 45.28 in (115.00 cm)
Chest - 44.88 in (114.00 cm)
Waist - 36.42 in (92.50 cm)
Abdomen - 44.49 in (113.00 cm)
Hips - 46.06 in (117.00 cm)
Thigh - 27.56 in (70.00 cm)
Knee - 17.72 in (45.00 cm)
Calf - 17.32 in (44.00 cm)
Ankle - 9.06 in (23.00 cm)
Arm - 15.75 in (40.00 cm)
Forearm - 11.22 in (28.50 cm)
Wrist - 6.69 in (17.00 cm)
Activity Level - Slightly Active
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) - 1,837 cals/day
Total Calorie Burn (TCB) - 2,847 cals/day
Waist to Hip Circumference Ratio - 0.79
Lean Body Mass (LBM) - 133 lbs (60.48 kg)
Fat Mass (FM) - 89 lbs (40.42 kg)
Body Fat Percentage (BF) - 40.06 %

My somatogram was ALL over the place. I have my mother's figure. We put our weight on around the total torso area - but don't really get too much bigger in the butt and thighs (only proportionally). That's pretty much what my results show. My stomach is WAY too big!

That calculator says my body fat is only 40% - but when I had it tested on the scales at the gym, they told me it was 50%. I'm not sure which is more accurate as I was trying to take the measurements myself with a tape measure!

Btw, hello again everyone. I'm 100g down today. Again, not huge - but it's enough to take me below 101. I just hope I can do everything right and get back to 100.7 for the official weigh in on (your) Thursday.

Best of luck, everyone.

Cheers,
Wabi

becky160 Mon, Sep-29-03 20:49

I am really ashamed about this stats, but I need to post them...
Let me see, I will do as same as you:

Neck - 14.96 in (38.00 cm)
Shoulder - 45.98 in (116.80 cm)
Chest - 47.24 in (120.00 cm)
Waist - 42.52 in (108.00 cm)
Abdomen - 50.00 in (127.00 cm)
Hips - 50.79 in (129.00 cm)
Thigh - 27.17 in (69.00 cm)
Knee - 16.14 in (41.00 cm)
Calf - 16.93 in (43.00 cm)
Ankle - 9.84 in (25.00 cm)
Arm - 15.55 in (39.50 cm)
Forearm - 11.22 in (28.50 cm)
Wrist - 6.50 in (16.50 cm)

Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
1,785 cals/day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Calorie Burn (TCB)
2,767 cals/day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waist to Hip Circumference Ratio
Lean Body Mass (LBM)

117 lbs (52.99 kg)
Fat Mass (FM)
108 lbs (48.91 kg) YOLK!!!!
Body Fat Percentage (BF)
48.00 % (My scale says 46.5!)

This is the first time in YEARS that I take my measurements the way they should be taken, thanks to a picture and nice explanations on how to do the measuring.

That program is sooooo coool!!!

anacecilia Tue, Sep-30-03 09:25

Deb, I was just wondering... I didn't know a person with cerebral palsy could have a baby... Is it something only physical? Is her mental development normal? It must be a REALLY stressful job.... I was just curious about it...
Girls, I envy your patience to measure yourselves like that and enter everything in the site. I thing it's neat but I just don't have the patience to do it. I rely on my clothes only.... I couldn't even keep my fitday account active for more than one month...I know I should, but....
Going to see by ob-gyn now. Tell you all about it later !
Take care ! :angel:

anacecilia Tue, Sep-30-03 09:57

Becky, I had to change my picture too !

anacecilia Tue, Sep-30-03 15:11

:yay::yay::yay:
Didn't I tell you that my super-hyper-mega carb day works ????
I just got back from the Doctor and I weighted in at 100.7 kg !!!! Down from 102.7 last thursday. Isn't this incredible ? Just to be sure I went to the corner drugstore where I usually weight myself and there it was: 100.7 kg !!!! This is my lowest is such a looooong time !!!! I'm sooooo happy !!!!:Party: I have to go to the drugstore to weight myself because my dear husband did something to our scale and now it says my weight is 65 kg (I think it likes me and is trying to be nice so I don't throw it away...).
Anyway, the weight was the high point of the doctor's appointment. The IUD thing was scary... I knew it was supposed to be uncorfortable but it actually hurt quite a bit :cry: and the Doctor gave me a strong painkiller and now I'm supposed to rest to make sure the whole thing doesn't come off. I'll have a sonogram tomorrow to make sure that the 'thing' is in the right place. Anyway, enough of that. I just wanted to share my joy with you ! I don't know why this high-carb day works and I don't know if it works for others but its a miracle for me ! :dazzle:
Take care you all !
Ana

becky160 Tue, Sep-30-03 15:29

Hi AnaCecilia!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAPPPYYY For you!!! So nice to hear such good news. 100.7 WOW!!!!! :yay: :Party: :yay: :Party: :cheer:

I know that the bodybulders do a carbup day, and then they go into Ketosis during the week - but when they Carb up, the excercise a lot just after eating carbs - I really don't know how this works. I am glad that "Cheating" worked good for you, but just don't do it so often...Do you thing really that is due to the Carb-up, or because you have increased your water intake? Don't know, is just weird, isn't in?

About your doctor's appointment, hopefully everything will be ok, so that you do not have to go thru this again! :)

Wabi is also doing sooo goood!!!! :yay: :wiggle: :Party: :dazzle: :cheer:

I am STUCK...Let see what comes out on Thursday.

Talk to yow later. WTG!!!!! :Party: :Party: :Party:

anacecilia Tue, Sep-30-03 15:59

Becky, I know it's strange but it has happened to me three times, so I'm pretty confident that 'cheating' one day is what makes my weight drop. My water intake is pretty much the same all the time: great when I'm home working all day, then not-so-great when I spend most of my day away from home, like on weekends....
Like I said, I don't know why this happens (I never exercise, so this is not the same that happens with bodybuilders), but it does happen and I'm glad I discovered it !:yay:
My doctor was not so happy about how much weight I lost in three months, he gave me the whole lecture on how you are supposed to lose little by little... :rolleyes: What can I do? I'm not starving, I'm following the diet to the letter, I have my veggies, my protein, I take a vitamin supplement everyday, I feel good.... I had a missed period but that was about it....
Becky, before I forget: I was looking at some pictures of Barcelona this weekend (my cousin just came back from Spain) and I was impressed by how beautifull it is! My Mom was in Barcelona earlier this year but she's not good with a camera, so I never had the chance to see the city as it really is. Now it's definitely one of the places I want to visit in the future! It's funny, when I lived in Miami I had a couple of Spanish friends from Barcelona. I couldn't understand one single word they said. You know, Portuguese and Spanish are similar and I usually have no problem understanding spoken Spanish if the speaker is from Latin American countries, but Spanish Spanish might as well be Chinese for me :lol: