Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Firm Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=118826)

Iowagirl Wed, Jul-09-03 09:29

Can I get a ride? *Iowagirl standing by the interstate with fanny lifter in hand*

roche Wed, Jul-09-03 10:04

Hello all. I did The Firm (Aerobic workouts with weights, vol. one with master instr. susan harris) this morning. I did all upper body and half of lower body, plus the abs. I have the set of Firm tapes that come with the fanny lifter, but the lower body workout using the fanny lifter absolutely kills me. What do you think of just part of the fanny lifter so it isn't so high-- and then working up to using all of it? Think that would still be beneficial?

Cori, I see you are on CAD too. I just recently started and am going to pop over to journals to see if you have one. How are you liking CAD?

Roche

Iowagirl Wed, Jul-09-03 10:07

I think using part of the lifter would be fine. Don't know how tall your's is but I use a wooden stool from Walmart and it kicks my fanny just fine.

kmarie1351 Wed, Jul-09-03 14:58

Steps

I think using the smaller part of the FL is a great idea. I'd rather do the whole workout at a lower level than get pooped halfway through.

I'm pretty proud of myself... I got home at 3, and I didn't want to work out, but I did it anyway. I did the lower body part of Body Sculpt and day two of 5DA. Short workout, but good nonetheless. Short because I have to go back out at 5:00.

cori Thu, Jul-10-03 06:46

Hiding face...

Don't yell at me! I got less than 3 hours sleep last night. Bad phone calls, nightmares and a thirsty 3 year old and I just couldn't do it this morning. I need someone else's life please. Or at least the a$$-kicking caravan to get here a little sooner. I guess we should call it a fanny-kicking caravan, huh?

kmarie1351 Thu, Jul-10-03 06:55

No kicking

Now, cori, we don't kick fannies. We lift them. And don't worry... we won't punish you for having a terrible morning. I'm sure you burned plenty of fat just running around, feeding your three-year old, tossing and turning in bed, etc. You need a nap!

As for me, I might take a day off... I haven't given my legs the chance to rest yet, and I'm finding it hard to do all the exercises because my legs are sore. So a day of rest, then back at it. Maybe I'll do abs, but that's about it.

Iowagirl Thu, Jul-10-03 07:14

I did my 'slow burn' routine. Interesting. Weight routine (and push ups, etc.) but done very slowly. Didn't feel like much at the time but my arms are feeling a little shakey. (I know this isn't a Firm routine - gotta have some variety)

day966 Thu, Jul-10-03 10:10

cori,

don't feel bad, we all have days when we just can't do it. it's that TOM for me and my energy is way down so i took yesterday off. got back up today and did fine. you'll get back into the swing of things.

kmarie1351 Thu, Jul-10-03 10:45

Kathy Smith

Has anyone tried Kathy Smith's Timesaver Lift Weights to Lose Weight workout? Apparently it's two 20-minute segments - one LB, one UB. Everything I've read about it is good... I'm buying one from half.com. I'll let you know what it's like!

janetkind Thu, Jul-10-03 11:07

Do let us know how u like the tapes. I wonder if they have at walmart??????
wts. training sure helps. tone. i have to get back on doing firm tape. pull me.

roche Thu, Jul-10-03 12:35

today was cardio day, so i did a basic taebo tape. The Firm is for Friday. any of you had results from taebo?

roche

Iowagirl Fri, Jul-11-03 09:53

Nothing today. I'm a slug.

kmarie1351 Fri, Jul-11-03 11:36

Day of Rest = GOOD WORKOUT

I didn't do any exercise yesterday, because I was having trouble hoisting myself onto the FL. So when I did TT2 today, I ROCKED. No trouble whatsoever. I guess it's true that it's a good idea to give your muscles time to heal. It was much easier today, and I was able to use 5 lb weights on the leg press (I'd previously been using 3 lbs).

kari5 Fri, Jul-11-03 15:55

Hi guys I was reading in your Firm Forum and it sounded so interesting that I decided to get the tapes. I just love it. I have been doing TaeBo but that was getting so boring. Today I did the cardio sculpt and the ab sculpt. I think these tapes are way better than taebo. I know I sweated a whole lot more.
Kari

kmarie1351 Fri, Jul-11-03 16:32

Welcome, Kari!

Hi, Kari! Welcome to the Firm Forum! I have to agree with you... I sweat buckets when doing the Firm tapes. I love them.