Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Calling all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender low carbers... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129151)

MsDad Wed, Mar-14-07 17:15

Hey Azzy...I'm here! Just trying to make it through another week. :yawn: DH is 3 weeks post-op. He weighed a week ago, already lost 30 lbs! And I check his measurements once a week. He's down 2 inches each in chest and stomach and 3.5 in the waist! I just think it's ironic that he's never been overly supportive in my LC efforts (well, supportive but not participative {is that a word?}) but now that he can only eat about 1/4 cup of food per meal he has to focus on protein, making his diet LC by default! HAHAHA! :lol:

Anyway, I went to the Dr this afternoon myself. I've started the process to be Lap-Banded too. While I can lose inches on LC, I just can't get the scales to move a lot. I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat, blah, blah, blah. But with my diabetes, high blood pressure, etc I need to lose actual weight as well. It will take 3-4 months before I actually have surgery, so I'm looking at June or July probably. I'll update as things progress.

Kiszes, don't give up! As we say here in the South, there's more than one way to skin a cat! Now don't ask me the literal meaning of this - I probably don't even wanna know! But I'm sure you get the idea. If one thing doesn't work, something will. Hence my planning for surgery! Where there's a will there's a way, Just don't give up altogether...

tribal Fri, Mar-23-07 21:17

I'm here too, well i'm back at least. After about a year and a half off atkins and maintaining the same weight, I've decided to come back and finish what I started.

Been in Ketosis since tuesday, my head is clearing up and i'm starting to get my energy back. Everything's going well except for a slight hiccup last night, damn you hot weather and cold beer!

I find weekends really difficult, as I'm involved in the music industry and am always in clubs/bars/concerts and getting offered free drinks, which i'm not complaining about but it makes atkins a bit more challenging.

MsDad Tue, Mar-27-07 07:10

Hi Tribal, welcome back! I'm pretty much off the LC wagon myself right now. As I'm having Lap Band surgery soon, I'm pretty much eating all the things I probably won't be able to eat post-op, especially bread. Plus we're leaving for vacation this Friday and I want to be able to eat whatever. When we get back from vacation I have one last dish I want to make, then it's back to LC until surgery. Two weeks pre-op the surgeon puts you on a LC low-fat diet to shrink the liver so it's easier to manipulate and move out of the way for him to place the band. So I figured I may as well go ahead and get back to LC even earlier. Post-op I will be eating LC by default anyway, as my diet will have to focus on protein.

I did find out this past Wednesday when I visited the weight loss center that I probably won't have to wait so long for surgery. I may actually be able to have it done around mid-April. I've definitely got the fingers crossed!

JessAus Wed, Jun-27-18 21:56

Hey all - Came across this old thread. Can we resurrect it?

How many active family members are on here?

JessAus Thu, Jun-28-18 21:10

HHHHHHHHHEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone around?

......tumbleweed rolls through........

Desert Mo Thu, Aug-30-18 11:54

I'm here living LC in case anyone else ever shows up. I have my journal as a place to be located if anyone wanders in. I hang there every few days. Bye for now ... Desert Mo