Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Sign-up for one year of TDC!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=85205)

aneredac Tue, Jul-22-03 00:57

OK, me too, this is really a good idea, and I will be here through thick and thin.

I, Rena, (aneredac) promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend, Rena

Well, even before I click return, I can feel the commitment gel even more.
Thanks for a great idea

Sngbrd45 Tue, Jul-22-03 23:37

I, Pat, (Sngbrd45) promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend, Pat

LowKarbKK Wed, Jul-23-03 05:38

I believe this is a wonderful committment to proclaim. Therefore,

I, Kiersten, (LowKarbKK) promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend, Kiersten

melissasvh Fri, Jul-25-03 12:42

I'm brand new, but I think this is a great idea! So...

I Melissa, otherwise known as melissasvh, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

JYounginer Tue, Aug-05-03 12:48

Ok, sounds good. Here we go....

I Joni, otherwise known as JYounginer, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

lesley07 Wed, Aug-06-03 08:06

Glad to be here :yay:

I Lesley, otherwise known as Lesley07, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

reowdy Thu, Aug-07-03 08:42

At the end of week 1, I now feel I can do this without any hesitation at all.... so here goes...

I, Pam, (otherwise known as reowdy) promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

meljean Sun, Aug-10-03 14:06

Wild horses couldn't drag me from this forum now! :yay:

Here's my pledge....

I Melissa, otherwise known as meljean, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend, Melissa :)

Wenzday Tue, Aug-19-03 09:40

I pledge the same pledge!

I Jessica, otherwise known as wenzday, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Love and lost weight, Jess

upncomer Tue, Aug-19-03 10:47

Count me in, too!

I Darla, otherwise known as Upncomer, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Mr.Mel Fri, Aug-22-03 09:33

Sign me up!

I have no trouble making the following commitment. With this WOE, for the first time in my life I don't have to FIGHT the cravings MONSTER everyday!!!
I Mel, otherwise known as Mr. Mel, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into trouble now and then. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Mel

Mossling Fri, Aug-22-03 19:33

Count me in, too! The more commitments tying me in to this WOE, the better!

I, Jude, otherwise known as Mossling, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into trouble now and then. Should something happen in my like and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Chantel30 Sat, Aug-23-03 08:27

I am signing up!!!!!

I have told people that TDC rocks and thiswould have to be one of the many reasons why..................

I, Chantell,otherwise known as Chantel30, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should somethingk happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend, Chantell

Awesome Idea Cindi, Thanks

LavndrMoon Wed, Aug-27-03 13:26

1 Attachment(s)
My commitment::agree:

I Cynthia, otherwise known as LavndrMoon, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Sincerely, Cynthia

Plagiomom Wed, Aug-27-03 18:16

I'm finding myself here more and more each day! This forum is amazing and everyone here is just wonderful! That being said....

I, Jaya, otherwise known as Plagiomom, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Jaya :)

carichie Thu, Aug-28-03 08:26

Commitment

Count me in.

Here goes...I love it here, and spend more and more time reading and posting...even chatting

I, Cathy, otherwise known as Carichie, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Carichie

BelmontLil Thu, Aug-28-03 09:17

I'm in!

I, Lilly, otherwise known as BelmontLil, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

tanico2 Fri, Aug-29-03 15:08

Okay, I want to make the commitment!

So here is my commitment - I Doug otherwise known as tanico2, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. - Doug

CozyCorner Fri, Aug-29-03 20:50

I am also saddened by the people who just disappear from this forum. I want to know what happened to them.

Hey all- I am one of the ones who just up and disappeared. I have been on a five month binge and have gained back 17 of the 40 lbs I lost low carbing. I haven't given up though. I am back to try again. I want to stick around and stay with this supportive group. I think leaving the boards was one of my downfalls in the first place.

Anyways...I will be here.

VOW Sun, Sep-07-03 04:28

I hope I'm not too late to join! Been LC'ing for 8 weeks now and haven't felt this committed since I quit smoking 20 years ago! I know I can do this, too, and so.....

I, Gay, otherwise known as VOW, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Gay

I make this pledge to my daughter, who died from complications from surgery. She, too, was greatly overweight and went in for a "tummy tuck" and liposuction but lost her battle. I only wish we had found this WOE earlier. Rai, honey, I do this for you. :rheart:

Diana D Mon, Sep-08-03 11:05

Me too!!

I'm a newcomer (lurker for a few weeks) to his board, and I would like to stay as well. I feel as if this is the right place for me, and would like to make the commitment too!! Therefore, I, Diana, otherwise known as Diana D, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Diana

Thanks for this thread!! :clap:

Diana

norn5k Tue, Sep-09-03 05:54

Count me in, commitments are a good way to stay focused.

I Chris, otherwise known as norn5k, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Chris.

windy Tue, Sep-09-03 06:19

I think this is a great idea and boy do I need it. I have not had the best of summers and thought summer would be easy!!! :(

I Linda, otherwise known as Windy, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Linda.

:thup:

AntiM Mon, Sep-15-03 11:29

Ready to take the plunge...

I’ve recently reached a six month anniversary for following a low carb way of eating. While it hasn’t always been easy, I’ve been able to stay within the food plan without ‘cheating’ once. My success is due in large part to all the support and insight I’ve received here.

I’ve been posting here since early April, but I wasn’t ready to commit to the TDC for a full year. I hate breaking promises, so I had to prove to myself that completing the commitment was possible. So here I am! Six months in and finally ready to take the leap …

Here is my commitment - I Monika, otherwise known as AntiM, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Monika

MisterE Mon, Sep-15-03 13:59

Go for it Monika! I just passed 4 months and can truthfully say it has been the best thing I have done for myself in a long time!

crysania Fri, Sep-19-03 13:06

I may as well, I spend all my time reading here anywho lol

I Crysania, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Crysania

MTMOMMY Sun, Sep-21-03 23:45

I have yet to introduce myself, I guess I'll do that next. I think that this is a pretty important step though, so I'll just do this first.

I Tara, otherwise known as MTMOMMY, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Anxious to get to know all of you!! :)

Tara

b4ugo Sat, Sep-27-03 22:18

You can count on me to join I think this is great. I need someone to talk to who knows what I am going through each day or whenever..Thanks :dazzle:

I, b4ugo, otherwise known as Mott, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!
Mott

Ellen-mom Mon, Sep-29-03 14:02

Okay, I have been reading this post and wondering if I could really do it for a full year. After 6 months of LC’ing, and 52 pounds down, I know this lifestyle is the way to go for me…so here is my commitment.

I Ellen-Mom, otherwise known as Ellen, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Ellen.

Candles Mon, Sep-29-03 15:08

Well here I go just like everyone else I spend lots of time here and I need to do this for myself

I Candles, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Candles